in house dollar bill thumbnail
 Total: 42,817 books
 New: 191 books

small login logo

Please enter your details to login and enjoy all the fun of the fair!

Not a member? Join us here. Everything is FREE and ALWAYS will be.

Forgotten your login details? No problem, you can get your password back here.

Uploads By Mr_Goldenage

Pages: 1 ... 3 4 [5] 6 7 ... 17

topic icon Author Topic: Uploads By Mr_Goldenage  (Read 101115 times)

mr_goldenage

• VIP
message icon
Re: Uploads By Mr_Goldenage
« Reply #100 on: May 03, 2013, 09:04:45 PM »

Here you go Sir Narfstar. Amok File covers from Italy in Odds & Ends uploaded. It is a start. I will try from now on to store them in separate folders for each country/character if possible. Will that work for you? Let me know.

Paw. Would it be ok if I run some Italian characters by you to see if I have missed anyone? Perhaps you can inform me if I have left anyone out. I hope to have my Italian time-line from Post WW II to 1961 done by the end of this weekend. Let me know if you can help.

Mark. I hope uploading a file of just covers is not an issue here. Since these are covers of "foreign" comics not likely to be owned by most of the people here with a few exceptions (Paw and myself being two of them). Let me know if this is a problem. Thanks!

Richard.

Correction here: I forgot to mention these are the French Edition of these covers.
« Last Edit: May 04, 2013, 01:19:19 AM by mr_goldenage »
ip icon Logged

narfstar

• Administrator
message icon
« Reply #101 on: May 04, 2013, 10:12:39 AM »

Very cool thanks. Since we carry Amok here the covers are surely OK also. I think that there may be some companies that we should avoid but many would be safe to post.
« Last Edit: May 04, 2013, 10:38:05 AM by narfstar »
ip icon Logged

mr_goldenage

• VIP
message icon
« Reply #102 on: May 05, 2013, 02:08:03 AM »

My Next Upload of covers was going to be a mix of Plutos, Mistero, and Maskar. I will have a sort of "left-over" upload eventually when I get down to the end of the Italian covers/panel shots. Glad you liked the Amok covers.

Richard
ip icon Logged

paw broon

• Administrator
message icon
« Reply #103 on: May 05, 2013, 05:30:13 PM »

A wee keek at these covers will help:-
http://www.il-fantamondo.com/personaggidimenticati.htm

Please tell me if you have these links here or the ones I posted in your international history bit, as I'll feel a bit foolish duplicating . ;D

Just found some more covers here:-
http://www.cartamania.it/fumit_dg.htm
When you get to Fantax, bear in mind that it was a French comic originally. And from a quick look, I think there are a couple of British reprints.
ip icon Logged

mr_goldenage

• VIP
message icon
« Reply #104 on: May 05, 2013, 06:38:13 PM »

Yes I was aware that Fantax was French and that he was just reprinted in Italian and that Amok being Italian was reprinted in France. Such is the way of the world it seems. Any Idea about Wonderman? French or Italian? Again thanks for the links they are very helpful as usual. I would like to run my partial list of Italian masked/costumed original Italian crime fighters by you when I get to that point, you game? Let me know.

Richard.
ip icon Logged

paw broon

• Administrator
message icon
« Reply #105 on: May 05, 2013, 08:18:58 PM »

Please do. 
Wonderman was a French creation and appeared in 2 different series - Audax and Dynamic Pr
ip icon Logged

mr_goldenage

• VIP
message icon
« Reply #106 on: June 04, 2013, 03:14:24 AM »

Uploaded Part One of: "Tour of Italy - TANKS L' UOMO D' ACCIAIO" covers #'s 1 through 80 plus 2 alternate covers for some reason............. now in the ODD's and END's section. Enjoy.

RB
ip icon Logged

narfstar

• Administrator
message icon
« Reply #107 on: June 04, 2013, 12:04:53 PM »

Thanks Richard I like these cover compilations. I used to browse the covers at GCD frequently. You mentioned contacted GCD about covers awhile back. What do you need to know I am an editor at GCD
ip icon Logged

mr_goldenage

• VIP
message icon
« Reply #108 on: June 05, 2013, 03:54:53 AM »

RAGAR N-22 now just uploaded in the Italian language section. Dig the art. Post WWII Italy! Ciao babe!

Mr Goldenage
ip icon Logged

mr_goldenage

• VIP
message icon
« Reply #109 on: June 06, 2013, 05:05:15 AM »

Just uploaded into the Italian Language section - Ragar: 49 covers from issue #'s 2 through 121. Enjoy.

RB
ip icon Logged

mr_goldenage

• VIP
message icon
« Reply #110 on: June 14, 2013, 07:08:36 PM »

Uploaded Mistero N.31 March 1947 in the Italian Language section.

Richard
« Last Edit: June 14, 2013, 07:16:28 PM by mr_goldenage »
ip icon Logged

mr_goldenage

• VIP
message icon
« Reply #111 on: June 14, 2013, 10:05:18 PM »

Uploaded Ragar N.14 "Il Giustiziere Scarlatto" in the Italian Language section. As Far as I know, The Scarlet Executioner is his first appearance in Ragar, and perhaps his first appearance period. Anyone else know different let me know.

RB @ Home

Paw....if you thought the other guy looked liked the Phantom.....
ip icon Logged
Comic Book Plus In-House Image

mr_goldenage

• VIP
message icon
« Reply #112 on: June 25, 2013, 05:00:56 PM »

Alain La Foudre covers (81 of them if I am not mistaken) in the French Language section should be uploaded now. Alain La Foudre was the Post WW II reprints of Dick Fulmine (Dick Lightning) stories from post WW II and WW II stories where Dick was definitely a fascist hero and the Italian ideal. Here the "costuming" is very important as it plays an integral part of the story. The "coloring" of the locals gives the storyline its "tint" if you will as you see Alain beating up on the people in the story mostly the lack of "whites" as his victims. Some may call him the most racist hero in comics of the day. You be the judge based on his covers. Italy never reprinted his early stories Post WW II to my knowledge; instead they stuck a mask on him and called him Fulmine Mascherato. After a relatively nice run as that character they reverted him back to Dick Fulmine who mused on his early days with regret. In the end he went out as the fighter he always was.

RB @ work.
ip icon Logged

paw broon

• Administrator
message icon
« Reply #113 on: June 25, 2013, 09:31:22 PM »

And of course, Spain got in on the act and monsieur la Foudre became, Juan Centella.  A seriously popular character.  But as I said before, meny Euro. Characters were reprinted, translated for other countries.  I found some Italian giallo pocket library titles reprinted in Dutch and the British Billy Bunter was also translated into Dutch.  A good selection of British heroes saw reprints in France incl. Captain Hornet, Janus Stark, King Cobra, Spider, Kelly's Eye, Steel Claw and many more.
France had it's own Superboy but you'llcome to him, Tenax and the rest as you dig into French history.  And you still have the delights of Fantax to come.
Great work, Richard.
ip icon Logged

mr_goldenage

• VIP
message icon
« Reply #114 on: June 26, 2013, 12:54:45 PM »

Yes I've already seen cross pollination of titles cross the channel and the pond to make its way to the continent for reuse, rewrite, or just plain new episodes in the case of USA comics (more of a practice than one woulD thinK and more widespread than one would imagine). So yes I see your point. Ah Fantax, I have a dozen Italian versions of his comic. I've been tempted during my buying madness to buy the whole 26 issue set, but resisted. He's my # 1 go to in France. O an thanks for the kind words on the write up on Alain La Foudre. Have you taken a peek over at the newstand for the year 1940? If not run right there and go read the new top header. My First. I am working on 1941 right now.

RB @ home getting ready for work
« Last Edit: June 27, 2013, 12:56:01 AM by mr_goldenage »
ip icon Logged

mr_goldenage

• VIP
message icon
« Reply #115 on: June 27, 2013, 12:59:12 AM »

Hello Hello.....Just uploaded Ragar N-16 with the villain Teschio Nero and a few guest stars on the good guys and gals side from November 1946 another Golden Age goodie for U all. You will find this fun fumetti in the Italian language section. Go there now! Issue # 18 will be scanned next whenever time permits.

Richard
ip icon Logged

mr_goldenage

• VIP
message icon
« Reply #116 on: June 28, 2013, 03:56:24 AM »

For your reading pleasure - Ragar N-18 "Battaglia Sotto IL Fiume" November 1946 Italy. The same cast of characters as issue N-16 of the previous fumetti. Enjoy.

Richard
ip icon Logged

mr_goldenage

• VIP
message icon
« Reply #117 on: June 29, 2013, 01:06:24 AM »

Just uploaded:

Ragar N-20 "L' assalto Dei Topi Grigi" December 1946 Italy Golden Age Fumetti. Again the Villain remains the same as do the good guys n gals of that bygone era. Mr Goldenage "All Things Golden"

Richard
« Last Edit: June 29, 2013, 01:12:53 AM by mr_goldenage »
ip icon Logged

fate man

message icon
« Reply #118 on: June 29, 2013, 04:44:56 PM »

Wow,richard,that is so cool.,keep up the good work!
Allen
ip icon Logged

mr_goldenage

• VIP
message icon
« Reply #119 on: June 29, 2013, 05:09:11 PM »

Thanks Allen, and for that you get for your reading/viewing pleasure:

Ragar N-24 "IL Salto Dalle Morte" from January 1947 Italy's Golden age. A Golden Age Great brought to you by Mr Goldenage where "All Things Are Golden"

The End of the Black Skull?

In the Italian Language section....enjoy
ip icon Logged

mr_goldenage

• VIP
message icon
« Reply #120 on: June 29, 2013, 08:20:30 PM »

New!

Ragar N-26 "Mascera Nera" January 1947 Italy 1947 Golden Age. A new villain! Another Golden Age Great brought to you by Mr Goldenage where "All Things Are Golden" now uploaded to the Italian language section for your visual pleasure.

Richard.
ip icon Logged

mr_goldenage

• VIP
message icon
« Reply #121 on: June 30, 2013, 12:35:25 AM »

Perhaps my final upload for the day:

Ragar N-28 IL Dito Accusatore" February 1947 Italy Golden Age Fummeti/Fummeto. Brought to you by Mr Goldenage "All Things Golden". Uploaded in the Italian Language section for your eyes to feast upon.

Richard.
ip icon Logged

mr_goldenage

• VIP
message icon
« Reply #122 on: June 30, 2013, 06:03:25 PM »

The Last of my Ragars:

Ragar N-38 The Last in My Ragar Series. This issue "L' Espresso Del Sud" May 1947 Italian Golden Age Fumetti/Fumetto brought to you by Mr Goldenage where "All is Golden". You can find this in the Italian Language Section. Go and feast your eyes dear friends.

Richard

But it is not the last of the Giustiziere Scarlatto with in his next adventure he has a very special "friend".

bye 4 now & keep digging.
ip icon Logged

mr_goldenage

• VIP
message icon
« Reply #123 on: June 30, 2013, 10:32:03 PM »

..... And now.....

IL Giustiziere Scarlatto N-20 " L' Agente Segreto" - March 1948 Italy's Golden Age. Brought to you by Mr Goldenage where "All is Golden" can be found in the Italian language section. This book also sports another masked person !!! Enjoy!

Richard
ip icon Logged

mr_goldenage

• VIP
message icon
« Reply #124 on: July 02, 2013, 02:54:34 AM »

Title:   El Bravo N. 14
Author:Mr Goldenage
Section:Italian Language Books
Description:   El Bravo N. 14 - El Bravo a Westerner type in the Old West - Marino "IL Ragazzo Degli Abissi" (The Boy from the Abyss) kind of the the Aqualad & Aquagirl Italian style & Slim "IL Ragazzo D' Acciaio" (The Boy of Steel) think a tough skinned & really strong kid in a red and yellow outfit. Fun stuff mixed genre's.
ip icon Logged
Pages: 1 ... 3 4 [5] 6 7 ... 17

Comic Book Plus In-House Image
Mission: Our mission is to present free of charge, and to the widest audience, popular cultural works of the past. These are offered as a contribution to education and lifelong learning. They reflect the attitudes, perspectives, and beliefs of different times. We do not endorse these views, which may contain content offensive to modern users.

Disclaimer: We aim to house only Public Domain content. If you suspect that any of our material may be infringing copyright, please use our contact page to let us know. So we can investigate further. Utilizing our downloadable content, is strictly at your own risk. In no event will we be liable for any loss or damage including without limitation, indirect or consequential loss or damage, or any loss or damage whatsoever arising from loss of data or profits arising out of, or in connection with, the use of this website.