in house dollar bill thumbnail
In-House Image
 Total: 42,782 books
 New: 214 books

small login logo

Please enter your details to login and enjoy all the fun of the fair!

Not a member? Join us here. Everything is FREE and ALWAYS will be.

Forgotten your login details? No problem, you can get your password back here.

Some uploads from Hoover/Bogof39

Pages: 1 2 3 [4] 5 6 7

topic icon Author Topic: Some uploads from Hoover/Bogof39  (Read 46932 times)

hoover

message icon
Re: Some uploads from Hoover/Bogof39
« Reply #75 on: May 30, 2013, 11:58:49 AM »

I've just uploaded an issue of The Captain, again.  Hopefully someone will be able to find it this time. 
Also there is a run of Hotspurs from #1.  Uploading was not smooth today and some may not be up.  I'll fill gaps later if there are any.
One of my copies of Union Jack is also up.
I've been converting copies of Union Jack which are on Friardale as PDFs.  I'll upload those later.  There are a few very early issues with Charles Hamilton material but no Sexton Blake which I haven't done but will convert if requested.
Bob
ip icon Logged

MarkWarner

• Administrator
message icon
« Reply #76 on: May 30, 2013, 12:09:18 PM »

Hi ... all approved ... and thanks yet again!
ip icon Logged

hoover

message icon
« Reply #77 on: May 30, 2013, 04:03:57 PM »

The missing Hotspur is now up.

Thanks to Friardale for allowing their Union Jack issues to be posted here.  They give credit to Michael Bailey for all or some of these.  As they are not my scans I did as little as possible to them during conversion from PDF.  The exception was #0771 which was done in colour and was so grey it was difficult to read.  I converted to Grayscale and used a lot of Contrast and although it is now easier to read the margins are messy.

All the Sexton Blake stories in these issues were written by Edwy Searles Brooks and some also feature Nelson Lee and Nipper along with Sexton Blake and Tinker.  Waldo is the villain in many of them.

Bob
ip icon Logged

paw broon

• Administrator
message icon
« Reply #78 on: May 30, 2013, 04:08:10 PM »

Bob,  it's up and available here:-
https://comicbookplus.com/?dlid=33489
and what a great addition to the site. The adverts alone are worth the download.  Thanks.

Modifying this as your reply went up while I was composing mine.  There were a couple of crossovers with Blake and Lee, or am I havering?  Anyway, great to have more Union Jacks.
« Last Edit: May 30, 2013, 04:10:22 PM by paw broon »
ip icon Logged

hoover

message icon
« Reply #79 on: June 11, 2013, 06:17:27 PM »

I've just uploaded two Sexton Blake Library series 2 issues which lack covers but have the main story complete.  They were given to me along with the three latest Union Jack issues which are now listed.
If nobody can find Hotspur #0006 which I uploaded on the 30th I'll try to upload it again.
Bob
ip icon Logged

hoover

message icon
« Reply #80 on: July 31, 2013, 10:17:54 PM »

I've just uploaded items for the Pulp Fiction section.
They are mostly Adventure (UK) but there are also Hotspur, Rover and Union Jack.

With other work that I'm doing editing these is becoming too time-consuming and I shall have to just straighten and crop issues in future rather than spending time cleaning them up.  If anyone else feels like doing anything to them and reposting then they are welcome to do so.

Bob
ip icon Logged

hoover

message icon
« Reply #81 on: August 01, 2013, 06:59:08 PM »

I put a 'P' after the names of the two Hotspurs I uploaded yesterday to denote that scans were taken from photocopies but they have been omitted from the names on the Hotspur section.

Bob
ip icon Logged

MarkWarner

• Administrator
message icon
« Reply #82 on: August 01, 2013, 08:40:51 PM »

Hands up, that'll be me!

And I have altered a couple more before ... let me know the numbers and I'll put them in the description. No rush. I am on a mission to make everything look nice so big apologies for collateral damage.
ip icon Logged

hoover

message icon
« Reply #83 on: August 13, 2013, 07:14:35 PM »

As there seems to be some interest in the Wonder Stories I uploaded I'm adding more by FTP.  Apologies for the first few as I forgot to change from .cbr to .cbz.  I've put a note in my upload folder to prevent that happening again.
At least one of the Science Wonder Quarterly may not work properly as I had a minor problem with my computer.
Credits for these are just Hoover.  I'll add some later which have been scanned by others.

Bob
ip icon Logged

hoover

message icon
« Reply #84 on: August 28, 2013, 04:25:14 PM »

I assume no one is interested in the files I uploaded by FTP earlier in the month.  If so you can delete them.

I am a member of a scanning group, which is the source of most, if not all, of the SF magazines on your site.  One of the members, George Benton Grempczynski, (aka Pulpschmoo), has been trawling 19th century US magazines and other literature for some time and it struck me as I saw the Frank Reade item in the Pulp Fiction section that several of his latest offerings have been Frank Reade issues.  He said in a recent post 'All my files are free for any one to do anything they want to with them. I believe in a Free Web.'   I think I can direct Mark, Paw or any other administrator to a collection of his works if they would like to see if anything is wanted for CB+.
Bob
ip icon Logged

MarkWarner

• Administrator
message icon
« Reply #85 on: August 28, 2013, 06:38:31 PM »

Ah! BLIMEY!!! Hang on I didn't realize they were there!!!

I guess you told me, but I have a head like a sieve and maybe starting to have "senior moments" ..

Will report back!
ip icon Logged

MarkWarner

• Administrator
message icon
« Reply #86 on: August 28, 2013, 07:43:44 PM »

Ok I have released them and also seen my "clever" date stuff doesn't work well in that series. Fret not I will sort it all out tomorrow!
ip icon Logged
Comic Book Plus In-House Image

hoover

message icon
« Reply #87 on: August 28, 2013, 10:06:55 PM »

While you are sorting out the dates please delete cape1736 from these latest uploads, (28th August).  These were all my own work.
Bob
ip icon Logged

MarkWarner

• Administrator
message icon
« Reply #88 on: August 29, 2013, 01:06:58 PM »

O ok ..damn just read that ...lol ... I have put the vol and issue on them and the date is there, but not showing yet. I will figure out what is going on ... but we are basically sound. In other words all data is there but some is not showing.

I'll slowly go through altering the name :(

A HUGE thanks for the books! A real jewel of a section ... great covers!
ip icon Logged

MarkWarner

• Administrator
message icon
« Reply #89 on: August 29, 2013, 01:33:26 PM »

Name all changed ... phew ... as for the other books SURE we want them!!!!!
ip icon Logged

hoover

message icon
« Reply #90 on: September 29, 2013, 07:02:29 PM »

I've just uploaded some copies of The Argosy from when it was called The Golden Argosy.
Although my name appears it is just as uploader.  Ufikus did the scanning and editing in his usual superb style.

hoover
ip icon Logged

narfstar

• Administrator
message icon
« Reply #91 on: September 29, 2013, 07:07:47 PM »

no copyright worries on books that old thanks Hoover
ip icon Logged

paw broon

• Administrator
message icon
« Reply #92 on: September 29, 2013, 07:43:11 PM »

These are great, thanks.
ip icon Logged

hoover

message icon
« Reply #93 on: September 30, 2013, 09:35:15 PM »

Just uploaded some random items by FTP to see whether any are of interest.  If so one or two may need the size reducing.
It is possible that some are already on the site in a section I haven't looked at.

hoover
ip icon Logged

paw broon

• Administrator
message icon
« Reply #94 on: October 01, 2013, 03:57:06 PM »

Bob, probably me but what did you upload?  Any chance of a link, please?  As always, curious  ;)
ip icon Logged

hoover

message icon
« Reply #95 on: October 01, 2013, 04:35:19 PM »

Can't you look in the FTP folder>  I don't know how to give you a link to it.  Here is a list of titles.

Dublin penny journal 172.cbz

Esquire v01n01 (1933-Autumn.Esquire)(D&M).cbz

Liberty 1929 03-02.cbz

Newspaper - Galt Daily Reporter 1919-03-11 (Gorgon776).cbz

Newspaper - Niagara Falls Evening Review 1936-10-28 (Gorgon776)(c2c).cbz

Northern Messenger (1940-11-01.John Dougall & Son)(Gorgon776).cbz

Photoplay v24n02 (1944-02.McFadden)(Gorgon776)(c2c).cbz

RAF Aces v03n02 (1943-Spring.Better)(Gorgon776)(c2c).cbz

True Romances v25n03 (1937-05.McFadden)(Gorgon776)(-bc,-ibc).cbz

Bob
ip icon Logged

paw broon

• Administrator
message icon
« Reply #96 on: October 01, 2013, 04:58:53 PM »

Wouldn't that be too easy?  Actually, I didn't know how to. :-[
Found them now - great stuff. How did you find Dublin penny journal?
To post a link, I highlight the page in the address bar, save it, then paste it into the comics uploaded section.
Didn't mean to hassle you.
ip icon Logged

hoover

message icon
« Reply #97 on: October 01, 2013, 06:28:01 PM »

They are all from a huge list I have.  Only part of it is PD and I have only part of them downloaded.
You'll have noticed that many are tagged Gorgon776.  As she disappeared a year or so back it is not possible to get items from her.  She scanned a great number of items and was one of the scanners whose accounts were terminated by Mediafire etc.  Therefore many items on the list are not obtainable from the links given apart from those that someone has replaced.  I'm using this exercise to see which are still available.  All the newspapers seem to be gone.  Those uploaded are from the few I'd downloaded. 
The Dublin Penny Journal may have been done by Ernesto.  It seems to be the sort of unusual item he finds.
There are many copies of Liberty.

Bob

ip icon Logged

hoover

message icon
« Reply #98 on: October 02, 2013, 06:55:57 PM »

A few more items in the FTP folder.

Most of the credits are in the file titles.  I think Pulpshmoo edited or scanned or found Petts Annual.

Some files may be on the large size but I haven't time to minimise them myself.

Bob
ip icon Logged

MarkWarner

• Administrator
message icon
« Reply #99 on: October 02, 2013, 07:44:20 PM »

Cool I'll get them on site!
ip icon Logged
Pages: 1 2 3 [4] 5 6 7

Comic Book Plus In-House Image
Mission and Disclaimer: The mission of Comic Book Plus is to present completely free of charge, and to the widest possible audience, popular cultural works of the past. These records are offered as a contribution to education and lifelong learning. They are historical documents reflecting the attitudes, perspectives, and beliefs of different times. We at Comic Book Plus do not endorse the views expressed in these, which may contain content offensive to modern users.

We aim to house only content in the Public Domain. If you suspect that any of our material may be infringing copyright, then please use our contact page to let us know. So we can investigate further.