in house dollar bill thumbnail
 Total: 42,820 books
 New: 187 books

small login logo

Please enter your details to login and enjoy all the fun of the fair!

Not a member? Join us here. Everything is FREE and ALWAYS will be.

Forgotten your login details? No problem, you can get your password back here.

NARFSTAR's offerings

Pages: 1 ... 11 12 [13] 14 15 ... 46

topic icon Author Topic: NARFSTAR's offerings  (Read 320815 times)

darwination

• VIP
message icon
Re: NARFSTAR's offerings
« Reply #300 on: November 20, 2008, 03:07:15 AM »

Thanks for your continued work on such a wide variety of titles, Narf.  I noticed the cover image was a bit small on this one, so I grabbed an image from Heritage and cropped it and the like and stuck it in my folder on the ftp if you want to upgrade it.  It's through one of those cursed plastic jobbers but is still decent enough.  ;)
ip icon Logged

narfstar

• Administrator
message icon
All Top
« Reply #301 on: November 22, 2008, 12:33:10 AM »

Cover to cover you all have co-oped me into the cover to cover clique. 
Here is an unusual book containing reprints of Argentina's most popular character.
"Patoruz
ip icon Logged

narfstar

• Administrator
message icon
Western Fighters v2#12 and Little Max 33
« Reply #302 on: November 26, 2008, 04:33:08 AM »

Two new no ad books up. I also created categories for them Western Fighters is Hillman and Little Max is Harvey
ip icon Logged

narfstar

• Administrator
message icon
« Reply #303 on: November 26, 2008, 02:32:15 PM »

Thanks to Twobyfour for First Romance Magazine 31 and Even Steven for the Rex Allen coming up.
ip icon Logged

narfstar

• Administrator
message icon
« Reply #304 on: December 01, 2008, 03:37:46 AM »

Thanks to Jim we now have the centerfolds to Red Band 3/4 and Hi-Lite Comics. Red Band 3 and 4 have the same contents as do 1 and 2 (forthcoming). Thanks to Jim we now have the long awaited Yellowjacket #9 from cover to cover. All scanned and edited by me so you would not have to wait. Scanning to tiff does seem to produce a better result. I think almost everyone will be pleased. Not Cimm quality but I think YJ look pretty darn good.
ip icon Logged

krankyboy

• VIP
message icon
« Reply #305 on: December 01, 2008, 04:15:55 AM »

Thanks to Jim we now have the long awaited Yellowjacket #9 from cover to cover. All scanned and edited by me so you would not have to wait.

Beautiful scans, Narf! Thanks so much for this one!  ;D
ip icon Logged

Yoc

• Past Member
message icon
« Reply #306 on: December 01, 2008, 04:17:47 AM »

Excellent work Narf - another one off my 'must read' list!  :D
ip icon Logged

JVJ

• VIP & JVJ Project Member
message icon
« Reply #307 on: December 01, 2008, 04:48:43 AM »

Looks GREAT, narf,
especially considering what my comic looks like - as anyone can see from the inside covers. I'd only comment that some of the pages could have been straightened more. Some of the page turns were pretty jumpy - if that's the right word. What software are you using? (and if I should know the answer to that, just humor me and tell me again, okay? Thanks.)

And, most importantly, is it possible to include the index card art IDs with the scans? My hope is that someone out there is going to know something new about these comics and we'll be able to find out. Plus, the info can be then transferred to the GCD by someone with the inclination. I'm going through the trouble of reviewing most of these cards before sending you the comics and you'd make me very happy by adding a scan of the cards at the beginning or the end of the issue. Thanks.
ip icon Logged

narfstar

• Administrator
message icon
« Reply #308 on: December 01, 2008, 11:12:24 AM »

Not putting the cards was an oversite in my rush to get this one up. I have the cards together to do all at once and they are not done yet. I will be adding all the info to the GCD and already did Mad Hatter.

I used Lexmark photo editor. I still have the tiff files that I will pass on tonight to Rez if he wants to take a stab at straightening and improving them. Most came out pretty straight and those that did not a click of another degree looked too much the other direction to me. The Hi-Lite and Red Band are mixed new and old scans. I did brighten some of the old scans up with paint.net
ip icon Logged

Yoc

• Past Member
message icon
« Reply #309 on: December 01, 2008, 06:04:13 PM »

Hi Narf,
Any chance of you including the artist info cards in each scan as well?  Not everyone getting these will know about the GCD.

Thanks again for getting these new book to us so fast!
-Yoc
ip icon Logged

narfstar

• Administrator
message icon
A Merry Zoom
« Reply #310 on: December 02, 2008, 05:08:21 AM »

Continued from Red Band we have Merry Comics and Zoom Comics now available for download.
These are raw scans that you can get now without waiting. After the Tiff files are edited I will replace these with the better copies. Cover to cover thanks to JVJ's contributions.
ip icon Logged

narfstar

• Administrator
message icon
yellowjacket 9
« Reply #311 on: December 02, 2008, 05:10:13 AM »

I send a card scan with the tiffs of Yellowjacket so Rez can include it with the edited version.
ip icon Logged
Comic Book Plus In-House Image

Yoc

• Past Member
message icon
« Reply #312 on: December 02, 2008, 08:07:08 AM »

Thanks Narf!  :)
ip icon Logged

narfstar

• Administrator
message icon
Action Adventure Comics 02
« Reply #313 on: December 03, 2008, 12:01:26 AM »

When I got JVJ's box of comics I got a few of my own that day. Here is one of them c2c from Gillmor.
ip icon Logged

rez

• Past Member
message icon
Re: Action Adventure Comics 02
« Reply #314 on: December 03, 2008, 12:25:54 AM »

BREAKER BREAKER 19. You got yer ears on narf? What c2c?

Whhhheeeerrrres the Beef?

by the way will you send me the inside back cover of zoom without the index card on it? Thanks

When I got JVJ's box of comics I got a few of my own that day. Here is one of them c2c from Gillmor.
« Last Edit: December 03, 2008, 12:48:32 AM by rez »
ip icon Logged

rez

• Past Member
message icon
Re: Action Adventure Comics 02
« Reply #315 on: December 03, 2008, 12:49:25 AM »

bump
ip icon Logged

narfstar

• Administrator
message icon
« Reply #316 on: December 03, 2008, 12:52:14 AM »

Sent you a PM rez
ip icon Logged

narfstar

• Administrator
message icon
War Battles 1
« Reply #317 on: December 03, 2008, 11:33:07 PM »

Harvey from coverless so no ifc, ibc or bc.
ip icon Logged

narfstar

• Administrator
message icon
Blazing Comics #1c2c and US Paratoops 5
« Reply #318 on: December 05, 2008, 04:05:55 AM »

It is now HERE. Unedited scans until the edited ones are ready. Also the IW reprint of Avon's U.S. Paratroops 5 without the ads. Enjoy them as they are now available onsite to be downloaded. Blazing is a JVJ book with my raw scans to tied everyone over until the edited ones are ready.
« Last Edit: December 05, 2008, 10:27:53 PM by narfstar »
ip icon Logged

rez

• Past Member
message icon
Re: Blazing Comics #1c2c and US Paratoops 5
« Reply #319 on: December 06, 2008, 11:17:02 PM »

Zooms up.

be up, up, and away
ip icon Logged

narfstar

• Administrator
message icon
« Reply #320 on: December 07, 2008, 01:01:26 AM »

Thanks Rez looks good and now available. Picked the toughest one to start with. This one was the lowest page quality. Yoc just couldn't wait to get his hands on it and has started the edits on Blazing. Blazing has a waterstain that will present some problems.
ip icon Logged

narfstar

• Administrator
message icon
Mad Hatter 2 c2c raw
« Reply #321 on: December 07, 2008, 06:52:37 AM »

These raw scans look pretty good in my opinion. Mad Hatter may have had a split spine barely holding on by one staple but it has pretty nice page quality as you can see. Jim's books are much better than he gives them credit for compared to some of the stuff that I have. It was the first book I just had to read when I got the JVJ box. Now you can read it to nice stuff. Tiffs have been passed on to rez for future editing. His nice looking Zoom is available also. ;D
ip icon Logged

Yoc

• Past Member
message icon
« Reply #322 on: December 07, 2008, 09:39:30 AM »

Thanks guys!
So Rez, don't worry about Blazing 1, I'll take care of it Ok?

-Yoc
ip icon Logged

narfstar

• Administrator
message icon
« Reply #323 on: December 07, 2008, 01:59:09 PM »

I remembered to send rez a pm
ip icon Logged

rez

• Past Member
message icon
« Reply #324 on: December 08, 2008, 02:02:40 AM »

Looks to be plenty of books to keep one busy for a goodly spell. Go YOC! Set them Blazing ;D

The Yellowjacket 9 edit is now loaded to the FTP.

Folks, I'm not too content with my scanning operations and seeing the arrival of the Photoshop disk from JV I believe it may be a while before any active scanning projects as I get my feet wet with an introduction to the new processes.

Also, I think it only right to work with 300 minimum instead of 150 as after the amount of time delegated to a book I feel it should be of greater detail for better use in future technologies as hinted at in other earlier conversations.

Cheers

ip icon Logged
Pages: 1 ... 11 12 [13] 14 15 ... 46

Comic Book Plus In-House Image
Mission: Our mission is to present free of charge, and to the widest audience, popular cultural works of the past. These are offered as a contribution to education and lifelong learning. They reflect the attitudes, perspectives, and beliefs of different times. We do not endorse these views, which may contain content offensive to modern users.

Disclaimer: We aim to house only Public Domain content. If you suspect that any of our material may be infringing copyright, please use our contact page to let us know. So we can investigate further. Utilizing our downloadable content, is strictly at your own risk. In no event will we be liable for any loss or damage including without limitation, indirect or consequential loss or damage, or any loss or damage whatsoever arising from loss of data or profits arising out of, or in connection with, the use of this website.