in house dollar bill thumbnail
 Total: 42,782 books
 New: 187 books

small login logo

Please enter your details to login and enjoy all the fun of the fair!

Not a member? Join us here. Everything is FREE and ALWAYS will be.

Forgotten your login details? No problem, you can get your password back here.

Can't Read Downloaded Comics with Android Apps

Pages: [1]

topic icon Author Topic: Can't Read Downloaded Comics with Android Apps  (Read 2570 times)

• Past Member
  • avatar for old site member: 1775
message icon
Can't Read Downloaded Comics with Android Apps
« on: August 16, 2013, 10:13:17 PM »

I have tried two different Android apps to read comics that i have downloaded from this site - 3 different downloaded comics - and neither app will open the files. Comic Rack does not even see the files in the directory. ACV (A Comic View) sees the files but fails to open them. I have a downloaded comic from another site (cbr file) that opens with both of these apps. Is there something special about the downloads here that prevents them from opening in Android?  (I have not seen any discussion here about using an Android tablet other than reading with a browser online.)
Thanks for any help!
ip icon Logged

• Past Member
  • avatar for old site member: 1775
message icon
Re: Can't Read Downloaded Comics with Android Apps
« Reply #1 on: August 16, 2013, 10:39:25 PM »

I resolved the problem myself but I am not sure why this happened. I had originally downloaded the comic files from this site with the tablet. Those files did not open. After posting this I downloaded the same three to my pc and then moved those to the tablet and those opened. There should be no reason why these files downloaded directly to the tablet should not work. ???
ip icon Logged

MarkWarner

• Administrator
message icon
Re: Can't Read Downloaded Comics with Android Apps
« Reply #2 on: August 17, 2013, 07:47:19 AM »

I'd think that it is due to the connection and the files that downloaded to the tablet timedout or somehow got corrupted whereas the files that the PC downloaded worked fine.
ip icon Logged
Pages: [1]

Comic Book Plus In-House Image
Mission and Disclaimer: The mission of Comic Book Plus is to present completely free of charge, and to the widest possible audience, popular cultural works of the past. These records are offered as a contribution to education and lifelong learning. They are historical documents reflecting the attitudes, perspectives, and beliefs of different times. We at Comic Book Plus do not endorse the views expressed in these, which may contain content offensive to modern users.

We aim to house only content in the Public Domain. If you suspect that any of our material may be infringing copyright, then please use our contact page to let us know. So we can investigate further.