in house dollar bill thumbnail
 Total: 42,820 books
 New: 189 books

small login logo

Please enter your details to login and enjoy all the fun of the fair!

Not a member? Join us here. Everything is FREE and ALWAYS will be.

Forgotten your login details? No problem, you can get your password back here.

Hi, Welcome to the Site

Pages: [1] 2 3

topic icon Author Topic: Hi, Welcome to the Site  (Read 18576 times)

Serj

• VIP
message icon
Hi, Welcome to the Site
« on: November 04, 2006, 03:28:04 PM »

My names Serj and i'm admin of Golden Age Comics and also Z-Cult FM.
I'm 21 years old and live in Wales, UK.

Welcome to the site and hope you enjoy using this site.

Thanks, Serj
ip icon Logged

Aratak

• VIP
message icon
Re: Hi, Welcome to the Site
« Reply #1 on: November 04, 2006, 08:10:50 PM »

Aratak here, Serj. I'm 49 years old and live in Central Florida, USA.

Thanks for all your efforts with the wonderful site and this new forum. It is neat, easy to use, and very much a labor of love.

I am impressed and awed by all the scans you have gathered that I have never run into on Newsgroups or DC++ hubs. Really some wonderful stuff - I'm thrilled to see all that Fiction House material.
ip icon Logged

Serj

• VIP
message icon
« Reply #2 on: November 04, 2006, 08:14:22 PM »

Thanks for joining and enjoying the site Aratak.

Well the site was an idea that was made true with the help of Aussie500 and Zog plus all the people who have uploaded the scans here. I'm mainly the person who puts a site in place for the users to make use of and i'm glad that 1000+ people have found a use for the site and sharing their comics with others.

Hopefully one day we can get alot more comics and get more users involved.
ip icon Logged

stopper75

• Past Member
  • avatar for old site member: stopper75
message icon
« Reply #3 on: November 05, 2006, 04:53:05 AM »

stopper75 here.  Like Aratak, I'm older (48) and live in the United States.

I uploaded some Centaur comics I had the privilege of borrowing and scanning from my local comics shop.  Unfortunately, my first attempt at uploading them was an unmitigated disaster.  Thanks for cleaning up that section after I reloaded all of the books!
ip icon Logged

Aratak

• VIP
message icon
« Reply #4 on: November 05, 2006, 05:02:24 AM »

Heya, Stopper! I appreciate anyone that is actually obtaining older comics and scanning.

I've got a very solid Silver Age collection, but no real access to 40's and 50's stuff these days.

I goofed up on the first couple of comic files that I uploaded here, too. With these crazy gizmos, whaddayagonna do?
ip icon Logged

Aussie500

• Past Member
  • avatar for old site member: Aussie500
message icon
« Reply #5 on: November 05, 2006, 05:10:30 AM »

Aussie500 here 44 years old and live in Tasmania, Australia, currently a moderator over on Z-Cult, do not know a real lot about Golden Age comics but have always loved the coverart of many of them and do enjoy reading them when l get a chance. Unfortunately stopper75 uploaded his Centaurs correctly but there was a bug in that section that prevented people downloading them, even when they were moved elsewhere, bug has now been caught and caged
« Last Edit: November 05, 2006, 05:17:19 AM by aussie500 »
ip icon Logged

jonahhex

• Past Member
  • avatar for old site member: jonahhex
message icon
« Reply #6 on: November 05, 2006, 08:28:37 AM »

Hi---I'm Jonahhex, I love all comics. hence the bronze age nickname.  --- I'm 40 living in western Massachusetts, USA.  --- love this site.  Great work, Serj. 
ip icon Logged

Yoc

• Past Member
message icon
« Reply #7 on: November 05, 2006, 05:05:35 PM »

Yoc here,
I'm a Canadian living in Toronto, Ont.

Aratak, is this Mr Aratak from the Freedom Fighters game boards?
Mr A, if that's you, GREAT to see you again!
;D

-Yoc
ip icon Logged

John C

message icon
« Reply #8 on: November 05, 2006, 09:45:37 PM »

I was concerned I was going to be the official fogey here, but at 32, I pretty much blend!

And, obviously, probably like a number of you, I was first introduced to the Golden Age through Roy Thomas's work.  Much as I loved that, it's a rare treat to see "live" Golden Agers rather than reinterpretations.

Hailing from New York, since everyone else is giving a location, I want to thank everyone involved (acquiring comics, scanning them, posting them, keeping the site running, and probably a dozen other things I've overlooked) for giving the rest of us the chance to see some great old material.  Great stuff, that's very much appreciated.
ip icon Logged

Serj

• VIP
message icon
« Reply #9 on: November 05, 2006, 09:51:10 PM »

Welcome to the site jcolag. Glad to see you here.
ip icon Logged

Tigger

• Past Member
  • avatar for old site member: Tigger
message icon
« Reply #10 on: November 05, 2006, 10:12:04 PM »

Tigger here
I'm 45 and an Englishman living in Denmark ???.
I have more that I wish to upload, which I will be doing over the next couple of weeks (I have a very slow upload at home, so I use my works connection hence the reason I only upload 10 at a time and none at weekends) ::).

ip icon Logged

Aratak

• VIP
message icon
« Reply #11 on: November 06, 2006, 12:39:37 AM »

Aratak, is this Mr Aratak from the Freedom Fighters game boards?
Mr A, if that's you, GREAT to see you again!
;D
-Yoc

:) Hiya, Yoc! Yeah, 'tis me. I saw your handle on some o' the uploaded files and wondered if that was you! Really wonderful to see you again.
I certainly miss the old gang at the Freedom Force boards - I have moved on into Heroscape and Panzer General fandom, and heavily into collecting and reading comic book scans.

Glad to see that we're both still into four-color fun.
ip icon Logged
Comic Book Plus In-House Image

Yoc

• Past Member
message icon
« Reply #12 on: November 06, 2006, 05:13:18 AM »

;D
This is great to hear from you again MrA!  What a small world!   :D

I've gotta admit I've never enjoyed a game as strongly before or since as much as I enjoyed the Freedom Force game.  Especially the great fun we had on the 'Copper Kettle' thread with Copper and the gang.  I recently tried my hand  at the new 'X-Men Legends' game but it's just a fight game Xbox or whatever port  and was a big let down after the fun and humour that Freedom Force provided.

You might not know but Copper is still around.  His focus is still on his Micro's and his Kettle is part of the PR Publications site here:
http://p216.ezboard.com/fprpublicationsfrm28

I just scanned an old EC Romance book last week!  'A Moon, A Girl, Romance #9'
I'll try and include my joke NFO Cover here if I can.  Ah it works!  Just click the thumb to see the full size scan.  I do one of these for each of my scans.  9 books and counting so far.

Take care!
-Yoc

ip icon Logged

Aratak

• VIP
message icon
« Reply #13 on: November 06, 2006, 09:16:04 PM »

I just scanned an old EC Romance book last week!  'A Moon, A Girl, Romance #9'
I'll try and include my joke NFO Cover here if I can.  Ah it works!  Just click the thumb to see the full size scan.  I do one of these for each of my scans.  9 books and counting so far.
Take care!
-Yoc

Just a swell cover parody, Yoc. How are you distributing your work? I tend to use XNews on the Newsgroups or DC++ hubs.
I really need to quit being lazy scum and start scanning some of my more obscure pieces. I just haven't the time!
ip icon Logged

Eggie

• Past Member
  • avatar for old site member: Eggie
message icon
« Reply #14 on: November 06, 2006, 11:33:19 PM »

My names Eggie. Just thought I'd pop in and say hi. Similar to jcolag I thought I'd be one of the older guys here but its not so....  :o (I'm 34). I'm one of the mods over on Z-Cult and have recently been getting into some of the older comics...  ;D
ip icon Logged

cimmerian32

• VIP
message icon
« Reply #15 on: November 07, 2006, 02:29:01 AM »

Hello, Joshua here  ;D  Glad to see my uploaded scans are acceptable...  I have many more to come  ;D  Up next Out of This World Adventures 01 [1950-07.Avon]...  then 02 [1950-12.Avon]...  then ...  well, who knows...  whatever leaves the editing room first I guess  ;D

Thanks for the great site, Serj!  It's really cool to have a place to share the comics I know and love with others who appreciate them!
ip icon Logged

Aussie500

• Past Member
message icon
« Reply #16 on: November 07, 2006, 06:30:58 AM »

The scans were great Joshua, although l have not found homes for them all yet, there is a bug loose on the site that seems to think l should not change anything.
Great work on the cover there Yoc, l never noticed it when l saw the imageshacked Moon Girl 9, on one of the Yahoo groups, l have not downloaded a copy yet, but will get it eventually, l have it queued....somewhere
ip icon Logged

Yoc

• Past Member
message icon
« Reply #17 on: November 07, 2006, 07:29:29 AM »

Hi Eggie, you're never too young or old to enjoy GA scans!
You should try and smell one though.  That can go either way.  Some enjoy the musky smell, and others....

Hi again Mr. A.  I always share my stuff on usenet first.  I just recently gotten back into the DC++ hubs last month.  Mainly I can always be found on the GA Yahoo groups.  I help run a Fiction-House group you might like:
http://groups.yahoo.com/group/Fiction_House_Factory/

We share a new book there each month via ImageShack which is Very dial-up friendly.  That's the same site I shared my parody cover with.  I've done a Parody cover with each of my scanned books.  I'll try and rustle them up for you here.  Romance was only scan #9.  I've got a late Jumbo on the queue next.

Take care,
-Yoc
ip icon Logged

Aratak

• VIP
message icon
« Reply #18 on: November 08, 2006, 01:09:21 AM »

Hi again Mr. A.  I always share my stuff on usenet first.  I just recently gotten back into the DC++ hubs last month.  Mainly I can always be found on the GA Yahoo groups.  I help run a Fiction-House group you might like:
http://groups.yahoo.com/group/Fiction_House_Factory/
Take care,
-Yoc

And here I've been trying to reduce the number of Yahoo Groups I'm a member of (I'm in, like, 200 of the furshlugginner things, mostly thanks to that harsh old Freedom Force mistress! Well, one more won't hurt.
ip icon Logged

willyggd

• Past Member
  • avatar for old site member: willyggd
message icon
« Reply #19 on: November 08, 2006, 01:02:11 PM »

Hola, soy WillyG, espa
ip icon Logged

Serj

• VIP
message icon
« Reply #20 on: November 08, 2006, 02:07:22 PM »

Welcome to the site guys.
ip icon Logged

dbillmanql

• VIP
message icon
« Reply #21 on: November 09, 2006, 01:21:57 AM »

HI,  My name is David Billman.  I live in central US (OHIO).  I used to collect comics books and got away from it.  I got back into it starting with the EC Reprints (all the variations).

I like the following TV (mostly cancelled shows now): West Wing, Quantum Leap, the pretender, Twilght Zone (original), Night Gallery, Addams Family  Some of the current shows are Heroes, Studio 60. Law & Order:SVU, Jericho.

In the movie arena I like Science Fiction and Horror movies, James Bond movies (really a large variety).

As I stated in another post, I found this site via a link on File Catchers (www.filecatchers.com).

Regards,

Dave
ip icon Logged

miscatonic

message icon
« Reply #22 on: November 09, 2006, 04:14:54 PM »

Howdy everyone my names is Ed. I've been collecting for the last 25+ years. I'm going through my e-collection to see what I can offer, hopefully some Blackhawk coming up first.
ip icon Logged

Aussie500

• Past Member
message icon
« Reply #23 on: November 10, 2006, 03:44:15 AM »

Welcome to the forum Dave and miscatonic. Any Golden Age Blackhawk's we do not already have would be greatly appreciated miscatonic :)
ip icon Logged

Michael Barnes

• VIP
message icon
« Reply #24 on: November 16, 2006, 04:40:43 AM »

My name is Michael and I have collected comics for about 30 years.  I have degrees in history and education.  In my spare time, I run a website devoted to the use of popular culture for the teaching of United States history called The Authentic History Center (www.authentichistory.com). It started out as more of a digital archive, but I am now writing analytical essays using the pop culture.  I have been working on an extensive multimedia essay about WWII in American comic books before Pearl Harbor for quite a few months now, but have a way to go before it's finished.  I hope to have it finished by Christmas.  My time is also filled with teaching, raising two kids as a single parent, playing competitive tennis, making homemade wine, fretting over American foreign policy,  :)and more recently, the occasional dating experience (which really puts a crimp in my work time, for sure).  I have found many comics here that will help in my work, and I have just uploaded my first contribution. After I see if I have done it correctly, I will be sending more as time permits.  Thanks for all of your hard work. :)
ip icon Logged
Pages: [1] 2 3

Comic Book Plus In-House Image
Mission: Our mission is to present free of charge, and to the widest audience, popular cultural works of the past. These are offered as a contribution to education and lifelong learning. They reflect the attitudes, perspectives, and beliefs of different times. We do not endorse these views, which may contain content offensive to modern users.

Disclaimer: We aim to house only Public Domain content. If you suspect that any of our material may be infringing copyright, please use our contact page to let us know. So we can investigate further. Utilizing our downloadable content, is strictly at your own risk. In no event will we be liable for any loss or damage including without limitation, indirect or consequential loss or damage, or any loss or damage whatsoever arising from loss of data or profits arising out of, or in connection with, the use of this website.