in house dollar bill thumbnail
 Total: 42,820 books
 New: 189 books

small login logo

Please enter your details to login and enjoy all the fun of the fair!

Not a member? Join us here. Everything is FREE and ALWAYS will be.

Forgotten your login details? No problem, you can get your password back here.

Hi, Welcome to the Site

Pages: 1 [2] 3

topic icon Author Topic: Hi, Welcome to the Site  (Read 18577 times)

Yoc

• Past Member
message icon
Re: Hi, Welcome to the Site
« Reply #25 on: November 16, 2006, 05:45:24 AM »

Welcome to the board Mike!

-Yoc
ip icon Logged

Aussie500

• Past Member
  • avatar for old site member: Aussie500
message icon
« Reply #26 on: November 16, 2006, 04:44:59 PM »

Welcome to the forum Michael and thanks for the Smash Comics 003, which is now available for downloading  :)
ip icon Logged

therealtony

• Past Member
  • avatar for old site member: therealtony
message icon
« Reply #27 on: November 26, 2006, 07:50:30 PM »

Hiya everybody,

My name is Tony and I am a 40 year old who lives in Vancouver, BC, Canada. I have been a fan of the golden age of comics ever since I signed out "The Steranko History of Comics Vol. 1 and 2." from the library. While I do not own any comics from the golden age in my collection, I buy reprints when ever possible. This is a great website and thanks to all that run/manage and upload these classic comics.

I discovered this website when I was searching for a nice image of
ip icon Logged

Aussie500

• Past Member
message icon
« Reply #28 on: November 28, 2006, 12:15:36 PM »

Welcome to the forum therealtony, l am sure you will find lots of interest in our Quality Comics section, it seems to be growing all the time  ;)
ip icon Logged

Aratak

• VIP
message icon
« Reply #29 on: November 28, 2006, 10:58:29 PM »

My name is Tony and I am a 40 year old who lives in Vancouver, BC, Canada. I have been a fan of the golden age of comics ever since I signed out "The Steranko History of Comics Vol. 1 and 2." from the library. While I do not own any comics from the golden age in my collection, I buy reprints when ever possible. This is a great website and thanks to all that run/manage and upload these classic comics.

I discovered this website when I was searching for a nice image of
ip icon Logged

ProPatriaSemper

• Past Member
  • avatar for old site member: ProPatriaSemper
message icon
« Reply #30 on: November 29, 2006, 07:54:06 PM »

Hi!
I'm 21 years old and live in Lisboa, Portugal.
I'm glad to be part of this community!
ip icon Logged

therealtony

• Past Member
  • avatar for old site member: therealtony
message icon
« Reply #31 on: November 30, 2006, 08:44:05 AM »

Thanks for the warm welcome aussie500 and Aratak!

Hey Aratak! I love the Bill Everett illo in the Steranko book, the one with the Golden Age Human Torch fighting Namor!!
Man!!! did that render my 12 year old brain agog!! and those wonderful covers... that was good stuff!!!
ip icon Logged

Aussie500

• Past Member
message icon
« Reply #32 on: November 30, 2006, 11:08:57 AM »

Glad you could join us ProPatriaSemper  :)
ip icon Logged

Aratak

• VIP
message icon
« Reply #33 on: December 01, 2006, 12:25:44 AM »

Thanks for the warm welcome aussie500 and Aratak!

Hey Aratak! I love the Bill Everett illo in the Steranko book, the one with the Golden Age Human Torch fighting Namor!!
Man!!! did that render my 12 year old brain agog!! and those wonderful covers... that was good stuff!!!

Yeah, those Steranko covers are awesome. It's funny, because if you study 'em - as I have so often over the years - you can find some very odd anatomy. But the overall dynamic, the impact of those swirling color illustrations, is just incredible.

Y'know, I've really undervalued Bill Everitt, I believe. My initial exposure to him was his run on the Hulk in Tales to Astonish, I think, and I found his work strange and unpleasing for some reason. Only lately (lo, these 40 years later!) have I come to appreciate the beauty of the man's work, and it came through Golden Age scans, ironically enough.
Then I saw his run on some of the later Silver Age Sub-Mariners (I own the first thirty-two issues of his run, but I guess I dropped it from disinterest;again, I saw these later issues as scans) and I was absolutely floored by the strange etherial beauty of his art.
ip icon Logged

buymearing

• Past Member
  • avatar for old site member: buymearing
message icon
« Reply #34 on: December 04, 2006, 04:16:06 PM »

buymearing, i'm 38, and love my comics, especially the older ones. am very much appreciative that this forum has been created for this site. :)
ip icon Logged

Serj

• VIP
message icon
« Reply #35 on: December 04, 2006, 05:19:20 PM »

Welcome to the site everyone
ip icon Logged

Kashmir

• Past Member
  • avatar for old site member: Kashmir
message icon
« Reply #36 on: December 06, 2006, 11:21:11 AM »

Hi all! I'm Kashmir and I'm only 48 years young. I live in Phoenix Arizona and yes, it's a dry heat!

Wanna thank all scanners and uploaders for the time and trouble, so...

THANKS!
ip icon Logged
Comic Book Plus In-House Image

cimmerian32

• VIP
message icon
« Reply #37 on: December 06, 2006, 12:51:19 PM »

Welcome, Kashmir!
ip icon Logged

Aussie500

• Past Member
message icon
« Reply #38 on: December 10, 2006, 07:35:23 PM »

Welcome to the forum Kashmir, hope you enjoy your stay :)
ip icon Logged

redblood

• Past Member
  • avatar for old site member: redblood
message icon
« Reply #39 on: December 19, 2006, 08:36:19 AM »

Hi everybody I'm from the US and really like horror and supernatural comics.
ip icon Logged

Serj

• VIP
message icon
« Reply #40 on: December 19, 2006, 04:57:14 PM »

Hi everybody I'm from the US and really like horror and supernatural comics.

Welcome to the site Redblood
ip icon Logged

agentuup

message icon
« Reply #41 on: January 29, 2007, 06:34:24 AM »

Hi Serj,
I was led over to Golden Age from the Z-Cult site - both great places!  Thanks for making this kind of group available.  I have a keen interest in the REALLY old four color comics, having grown up reading them (that might give you a clue as to how old I am...).  Would love to see more of an interest in that kind of stuff - you know Dell, Gold Key and the like.  Nice meeting you, and nice being here!
ip icon Logged

yelir3

• Past Member
  • avatar for old site member: yelir3
message icon
« Reply #42 on: January 30, 2007, 08:28:10 PM »

hi
  i will be 73 years old on sept 5th so i may be the oldest comic book lover here.i read many of these comics when they came out in the 40s and still love the old comics much netter than the new.they had more pages and more stories not like now just a few pages and 1 continued story.at my age i like to see the end dont know if i will be here next month to see the next installment of a story.this is a great site i wish i was rich and could contribute to the site as i would love vip so i can get every comic on cd so i can read them at my lesiure.thanks for a great site i wish you grest success with it
ernest riley conway NH usa
yelir3
ip icon Logged

boox909

• VIP
message icon
« Reply #43 on: January 30, 2007, 11:02:40 PM »

You don't know me, but I am really glad to see you here. I love the scans of yours (at least I think I have seen scans with your name attached) that I have seen before. I look forward to the goodies you might be able to share and hearing your first hand accounts of some of the books encountered on the site.  ;D ;D ;D

Welcome!!!

B.

hi
  i will be 73 years old on sept 5th so i may be the oldest comic book lover here.i read many of these comics when they came out in the 40s and still love the old comics much netter than the new.they had more pages and more stories not like now just a few pages and 1 continued story.at my age i like to see the end dont know if i will be here next month to see the next installment of a story.this is a great site i wish i was rich and could contribute to the site as i would love vip so i can get every comic on cd so i can read them at my lesiure.thanks for a great site i wish you grest success with it
ernest riley conway NH usa
yelir3
« Last Edit: January 30, 2007, 11:06:03 PM by boox909 »
ip icon Logged

Aussie500

• Past Member
message icon
« Reply #44 on: February 03, 2007, 11:12:17 PM »

Big welcome to our new members  ;D
l was thinking l should know the name yelir3 as well, although perhaps it was from the start of the site when l was moving all those one page sparky watts and joe palooka's. l am still wondering if l missed something there  :-\  Perhaps l know Yelir3 from ipcomics or one of the yahoo groups, my memory is shocking  :'(
« Last Edit: February 03, 2007, 11:20:07 PM by aussie500 »
ip icon Logged

Yoc

• Past Member
message icon
« Reply #45 on: February 04, 2007, 07:56:40 AM »

Yelir3 is also known as NH Ernie on the Yahoo groups Aussie.
He was the first person I met when I discovered the groups.

Welcome Ernie!
:D
ip icon Logged

Brain_Dead

• Past Member
  • avatar for old site member: Brain_Dead
message icon
« Reply #46 on: February 23, 2007, 04:01:57 AM »

hey Ser my name is Doug and I live in Panama City Florida,USA. Heard about your site on DC++ and am enjoying dl some of the issues I haven't found anywhere else yet.
  Have spoken with Aussie500 and he sent me your info on getting FTP set up to upload to you. Uploaded 5 Fiction House issues just about an hour ago (messed up and uploaded them as individual issues and not in folder with my name on them) am in process of uploading 106 more issues as I send this (1 Fiction House and 105 Fawcett comics) I will be sending more as I can go thru my collection and see what you don't have yet.As I told Aussie500 I will concetrate on sending companies you have listed now so the copywrites shouldn't be an issue on the files. If you have any listing of the companies you know don't have copywrites on their comics please let me know as I have close to 600 gb of comics I can dig thru and provide.
Again enjoy the site and if you get a chance let me know when you upgrade me to VIP as there are a few issues you have I can use
thanks
Doug
ip icon Logged

Aratak

• VIP
message icon
« Reply #47 on: February 23, 2007, 08:59:15 PM »

hey Ser my name is Doug and I live in Panama City Florida,USA. Heard about your site on DC++ and am enjoying dl some of the issues I haven't found anywhere else yet.

Hiya, Doug. I'm down in Central Florida myself, in Eustis. I spent a week up in your town at a workshop last summer. Nice place, with some great restaurants. Welcome aboard! Can't wait to see your Fawcett stuff.
ip icon Logged

pimpernel

• VIP
message icon
« Reply #48 on: March 04, 2007, 10:31:39 PM »

Hi -

I'm from Scotland and you can call me Pimpernel, or just Pimp for short.

I came here looking for Captain Marvel/Marvel Family scans, but i'm actually more excited by the Quality Comics stuff.  I had no idea i could get that stuff and i'm really looking forward to downloading and reading it.  I'm a huge fan of the recent Uncle Sam And The Freedom Fighters, plus i own the 1970s Freedom Fighters series, so i'm glad i finally have the chance to check out some of the original adventures of these characters from back in the day.

Anyways there isn't much to tell about me so i guess i'll just talk to you guys on the boards.

Take care.
ip icon Logged

boox909

• VIP
message icon
Welcome 300th board member!
« Reply #49 on: March 22, 2007, 04:03:35 PM »

I want to congratulate Serj, Aussie, and Zog on the 300th member to the message board! 

Nertrender has the honor! Welcome!

B.  ;D ;D ;D
ip icon Logged
Pages: 1 [2] 3

Comic Book Plus In-House Image
Mission: Our mission is to present free of charge, and to the widest audience, popular cultural works of the past. These are offered as a contribution to education and lifelong learning. They reflect the attitudes, perspectives, and beliefs of different times. We do not endorse these views, which may contain content offensive to modern users.

Disclaimer: We aim to house only Public Domain content. If you suspect that any of our material may be infringing copyright, please use our contact page to let us know. So we can investigate further. Utilizing our downloadable content, is strictly at your own risk. In no event will we be liable for any loss or damage including without limitation, indirect or consequential loss or damage, or any loss or damage whatsoever arising from loss of data or profits arising out of, or in connection with, the use of this website.