in house dollar bill thumbnail
 Total: 42,816 books
 New: 194 books

small login logo

Please enter your details to login and enjoy all the fun of the fair!

Not a member? Join us here. Everything is FREE and ALWAYS will be.

Forgotten your login details? No problem, you can get your password back here.

JVJ has a Kickstarter for ImageS #13

Pages: [1]

topic icon Author Topic: JVJ has a Kickstarter for ImageS #13  (Read 2551 times)

JVJ

• VIP & JVJ Project Member
message icon
JVJ has a Kickstarter for ImageS #13
« on: April 30, 2014, 05:22:59 AM »

Yesterday I launched the Kickstarter campaign to help fund the magazine I've been working on for three years. If you enjoy classic, turn-of-the-century art as much as you enjoy Golden Age comic books, I hope you'll take a look at the project and perhaps make a donation. Here's the link: https://www.kickstarter.com/projects/1694106638/images-magazine-13-the-golden-glory-of-the-art-i-l?ref=email. Thanks for your attention. JVJ (|:{>
ip icon Logged

MarkWarner

• Administrator
message icon
Re: JVJ has a Kickstarter for ImageS #13
« Reply #1 on: April 30, 2014, 07:05:40 AM »

Come on Jim, this is the Shameless Self-promotion section & you are allowed to do a lot more hard sell than that :)

Anyway, here is a LOW RESOLUTION I stole from the Kickstarter page of what the cover will look like.

WOW!!!! It is going to be glorious!

ip icon Logged

MarkWarner

• Administrator
message icon
« Reply #2 on: May 23, 2014, 09:00:59 AM »

An update from me as Jim is VERY busy. There will be more in the next few days as it reaches a climax  BUT here is a summary:

1) Jim SMASHED through his $8,800 target! The mag is funded! No turning back now!

2) Jim SMASHED through his second $10,000 target! Eight extra pages for FREE! Blimey what a result!

3) Any minute now Jim will have SMASHED through his third $12,500 target! Extra added sparkle more - amazing complex golds and colors. Printing of the highest order!

4) Five days remaining for his LAST target $15,000 "I'll print a Louis Chalon portfolio AND I'll make ImageS #13 56 pages and Squarebound." Wow!

This is how I guess he is feeling at the moment!

Maybe Jim wouldn't mind a helping hand, especially as it won't lose him a gold medal.

He has JUST 5 days to go to get $2,500 of pledges to achieve the $15,000. Is this a bridge too far? It'll be close, but if he achieves it BOY what a magazine we will all hold and have been a little part of. And for an extra cost of NOTHING!!!! Judging by his track record so far, he'll do it!

So if you haven't already visited Jim's Kickstarter Page do so NOW! If you are not already a backer, see the great stuff you'll get and if like me, you already are then hassle around and get other people to pledge and we'll all get the ultimate magazine for NO EXTRA cost.

Personal opinion the $60 deal looks the best (the mag and something stunning for the wall) followed by the bargain basement $25 just the mag.

Very exciting times!!
ip icon Logged

Drusilla lives!

• VIP
message icon
« Reply #3 on: May 23, 2014, 04:07:55 PM »

Just happened upon this interesting article on the whole Kickstarter thing.  I must confess I knew little about it until I heard of JVJ's campaign... interesting stuff.

And of course, my continued best wish's to Jim... glad to learn that ImageS #13 will become a reality.  :)
ip icon Logged

MarkWarner

• Administrator
message icon
« Reply #4 on: May 23, 2014, 07:29:12 PM »

I was the same, I knew of it and the rough idea. I had also seen a couple of projects, but that was it. Needs some BIG Cojones to do it.

Oh and just had a look Jim has broken the 12.5k barrier he is now at $12,569 GO JVJ!
ip icon Logged

MarkWarner

• Administrator
message icon
« Reply #5 on: May 24, 2014, 07:58:05 PM »

AT LAST Jim has managed to get his final video up. I know he was having problems with it. He explains the final push and what can be achieved! Wow there is some awesome printing about to take place!

https://www.kickstarter.com/projects/1694106638/images-magazine-13-the-golden-glory-of-the-art-i-l/posts/854438?ref=email

Four days to go and just a few more backers needed!
ip icon Logged

MarkWarner

• Administrator
message icon
« Reply #6 on: May 28, 2014, 07:17:23 AM »

Wow! Jim has done it! And then some! All his goals achieved!

You have just 24 hours to jump on the bandwagon and grab a slice of history.

kickstarter.com/projects/1694106638/images-magazine-13-the-golden-glory-of-the-art-i-l

Do it! Or forever live a life of sadness and regret! I suggest either the $25 or $60 deal. This is going to be a real feat of printing!

ip icon Logged
Pages: [1]

Comic Book Plus In-House Image
Mission: Our mission is to present free of charge, and to the widest audience, popular cultural works of the past. These are offered as a contribution to education and lifelong learning. They reflect the attitudes, perspectives, and beliefs of different times. We do not endorse these views, which may contain content offensive to modern users.

Disclaimer: We aim to house only Public Domain content. If you suspect that any of our material may be infringing copyright, please use our contact page to let us know. So we can investigate further. Utilizing our downloadable content, is strictly at your own risk. In no event will we be liable for any loss or damage including without limitation, indirect or consequential loss or damage, or any loss or damage whatsoever arising from loss of data or profits arising out of, or in connection with, the use of this website.