in house dollar bill thumbnail
 Total: 42,819 books
 New: 188 books

small login logo

Please enter your details to login and enjoy all the fun of the fair!

Not a member? Join us here. Everything is FREE and ALWAYS will be.

Forgotten your login details? No problem, you can get your password back here.

New categories added

Pages: 1 [2]

topic icon Author Topic: New categories added  (Read 14009 times)

Astaldo711

• VIP & JVJ Project Member
message icon
Re: New categories added
« Reply #25 on: March 13, 2010, 02:31:03 AM »

Congrats, that's great. ;D
ip icon Logged

narfstar

• Administrator
message icon
« Reply #26 on: March 13, 2010, 02:45:45 AM »

I was raised in poverty and resented it. I had not empathy. Felt others owed me. Would have lead to a pretty hard hearted man. I was foruntate not to have any transportation out of my rural area so I could not get into trouble. Had I not been changed when I got older I would have raised hell
ip icon Logged

Astaldo711

message icon
« Reply #27 on: March 13, 2010, 02:49:55 AM »

I think that's part of the problem. People feel they're owed. When we changed our dress code at work from casual to business casual this one girl wanted to know who was going to buy her new clothes. I told her she will. We gave them several months to prepare. She actually asked the company to cut her a check for new clothes. We didn't of course and she somehow managed to buy her clothes on her own.
Sounds like a tough childhood Narf. I'm glad things worked out for you.
ip icon Logged

Jedifish

• VIP
message icon
« Reply #28 on: March 14, 2010, 03:32:16 PM »

I was raised in poverty and resented it. I had not empathy. Felt others owed me. Would have lead to a pretty hard hearted man. I was foruntate not to have any transportation out of my rural area so I could not get into trouble. Had I not been changed when I got older I would have raised hell

Hard to imagine. You seem pretty laid back.
ip icon Logged

narfstar

• Administrator
message icon
« Reply #29 on: March 14, 2010, 05:13:03 PM »

I am laid back about things that do not matter. I am a radical educational reformist.
ip icon Logged

slingsla

• Past Member
  • avatar for old site member: slingsla
message icon
« Reply #30 on: March 15, 2010, 10:52:02 PM »

Speaking of educational reformation:

http://news.yahoo.com/s/ynews/ynews_ts1253

I won't comment on the other stuff in there but I just don't see how you can take off Jefferson as an influencer of the country's intellectual origins.

ip icon Logged

narfstar

• Administrator
message icon
« Reply #31 on: March 15, 2010, 11:35:17 PM »

Not being left out but not as included. Like the news it is often what they leave out that shows their leanings more than what they put in
ip icon Logged
Comic Book Plus In-House Image

BobS

• Past Member
  • avatar for old site member: BobS
message icon
« Reply #32 on: March 17, 2010, 10:30:01 PM »

I am laid back about things that do not matter. I am a radical educational reformist.

I had New Math back in the mid-1960s.
New Math worked for me but didn't seem to catch on.

Bob the former math teacher
ip icon Logged

narfstar

• Administrator
message icon
« Reply #33 on: March 17, 2010, 10:53:09 PM »

I just missed it. Most math teachers at the time did not understand it themselves
ip icon Logged

skybandit

• Past Member
  • avatar for old site member: skybandit
message icon
« Reply #34 on: March 18, 2010, 04:53:07 AM »

Why does this happen?

I just don't see how you can take off Jefferson as an influencer of the country's intellectual origins.

Because Jefferson says things like:

Educate and inform the whole mass of the people... They are the only sure reliance for the preservation of our liberty.

He who knows nothing is closer to the truth than he whose mind is filled with falsehoods and errors.

I am mortified to be told that, in the United States of America, the sale of a book can become a subject of inquiry, and of criminal inquiry too.

If a nation expects to be ignorant and free, in a state of civilization, it expects what never was and never will be.

To compel a man to furnish funds for the propagation of ideas he disbelieves and abhors is sinful and tyrannical.

And that SCARES our government!
ip icon Logged

JVJ

message icon
« Reply #35 on: March 18, 2010, 05:15:35 AM »

And that SCARES our government!

No, I think if you read the article carefully, you'll find that it scares a majority of a panel of Texas "educators". It has NOTHING to do with our government.

(|:{>
ip icon Logged

narfstar

• Administrator
message icon
« Reply #36 on: March 18, 2010, 10:33:11 AM »

As a very conservative I have to refrain as this could get very political.
ip icon Logged

Astaldo711

message icon
« Reply #37 on: March 18, 2010, 10:34:46 AM »

Now now Narf, you have your thread for that!
;)
ip icon Logged

narfstar

• Administrator
message icon
« Reply #38 on: March 18, 2010, 10:40:31 AM »

I deleted that category. It is usually better to keep friends by keeping away from politics. Even though I am one of those who enjoys heated discussion with those who disagree agreeablely. Unfortunately most people are unable
ip icon Logged

Astaldo711

message icon
« Reply #39 on: March 18, 2010, 12:37:43 PM »

Right. It's best to keep such talk away from this site. It can get heated as people are very passionate about their views.
So how's the weather?
ip icon Logged
Pages: 1 [2]

Comic Book Plus In-House Image
Mission: Our mission is to present free of charge, and to the widest audience, popular cultural works of the past. These are offered as a contribution to education and lifelong learning. They reflect the attitudes, perspectives, and beliefs of different times. We do not endorse these views, which may contain content offensive to modern users.

Disclaimer: We aim to house only Public Domain content. If you suspect that any of our material may be infringing copyright, please use our contact page to let us know. So we can investigate further. Utilizing our downloadable content, is strictly at your own risk. In no event will we be liable for any loss or damage including without limitation, indirect or consequential loss or damage, or any loss or damage whatsoever arising from loss of data or profits arising out of, or in connection with, the use of this website.