in house dollar bill thumbnail
In-House Image
 Total: 42,782 books
 New: 213 books

small login logo

Please enter your details to login and enjoy all the fun of the fair!

Not a member? Join us here. Everything is FREE and ALWAYS will be.

Forgotten your login details? No problem, you can get your password back here.

Some uploads from Hoover/Bogof39

Pages: 1 ... 5 6 [7]

topic icon Author Topic: Some uploads from Hoover/Bogof39  (Read 46915 times)

hoover

message icon
Re: Some uploads from Hoover/Bogof39
« Reply #150 on: November 17, 2016, 10:35:43 PM »

I mentioned elsewhere on this site that I was collecting some Dixon Hawke stories from The Adventure.  The series of short stories ran from 10th August 1929 to 12th July 1930.  Out of the 49 issues I've only got  43 of the stories.  Many were from scans of photocopies and although they are often easier to read than my fairly old scans they sometimes have excess ink on them.  A few of these are reprinted in Dixon Hawke's Casebook numbers 4 and 7 which are on site.  The last story in DH Casebook #7 is one of the stories missing from this compilation with a different title.

When I got to the last story I noticed that it advertised a new series/serial starting next week so as I had them all I compiled Dixon Hawke's Rival.

When I got to the end of that I saw that another serial started the following week but I have several missing including the final episode so I can't do that one.

hoover
ip icon Logged

hoover

message icon
« Reply #151 on: March 24, 2017, 02:24:31 PM »

I've been working on a bound volume of the UK boys' paper The Captain, which won't interest many here, and decided the issue number as given on the papers is of less use than the year/month to identify them.  They were bound in half-year batches so I expected volume 21 to start with issue 121.  It started with 120 followed by 122, 123, 123, 124, 125.  At least they had 126 to start volume 22 which would also be incorrect.  In the end I numbered them as I expected them to be and stand ready to be corrected if anyone ever fills in the gaps in this paper.
hoover
ip icon Logged

hoover

message icon
« Reply #152 on: April 06, 2017, 09:04:02 AM »

Please remove description from Boys' Magazine 446 which I've just uploaded.  I forgot to delete it after the previous item.
hoover
ip icon Logged

hoover

message icon
« Reply #153 on: June 11, 2017, 05:43:58 PM »

I'm pleased to see another Sexton Blake fan adding scans to the site.

I've just uploaded all I had from series 1.  They are not pristine copies but as they were cheap paper novels/comics and the oldest of my uploads has just started its 99th year they are not too bad.  As I'm no good at editing colour scans I had to convert one issue to grayscale to make a couple of pages more readable.
hoover
ip icon Logged

paulSB8787

message icon
« Reply #154 on: June 13, 2017, 03:53:22 AM »

Thanks Hover for the uploads, all good stuff.

I've got 5 series 1 left to scan. (167,225,283,323,336)

Paul.
ip icon Logged

hoover

message icon
« Reply #155 on: June 13, 2017, 04:16:58 PM »

I just tried to upload two compilations of Dixon Hawke strips from the Adventure but by error sent up the same file twice.  I have re-uploaded the missing file so please sort it out.

hoover
ip icon Logged

hoover

message icon
« Reply #156 on: March 13, 2018, 09:19:50 PM »

I've uploaded some copies of the Union Jack featuring Sexton Blake but managed to put them in the wrong section of Union Jack.
The reason many are in grayscale is that they were so badly stained it spoilt the colour versions.

hoover

ip icon Logged
Pages: 1 ... 5 6 [7]

Comic Book Plus In-House Image
Mission and Disclaimer: The mission of Comic Book Plus is to present completely free of charge, and to the widest possible audience, popular cultural works of the past. These records are offered as a contribution to education and lifelong learning. They are historical documents reflecting the attitudes, perspectives, and beliefs of different times. We at Comic Book Plus do not endorse the views expressed in these, which may contain content offensive to modern users.

We aim to house only content in the Public Domain. If you suspect that any of our material may be infringing copyright, then please use our contact page to let us know. So we can investigate further.