in house dollar bill thumbnail
 Total: 43,470 books
 New: 236 books

small login logo

Please enter your details to login and enjoy all the fun of the fair!

Not a member? Join us here. Everything is FREE and ALWAYS will be.

Forgotten your login details? No problem, you can get your password back here.

Re: Thriller 165 1932-04-02 Bogof39

Pages: [1]

topic icon Author Topic: Re: Thriller 165 1932-04-02 Bogof39  (Read 1309 times)

bambos

message icon
« on: June 14, 2016, 07:30:01 AM »

Sorry but page 12 is totally unreadable as with all of these issues. Can nothing be done about this? I zoom in but the resolution is so poor that the middle page spreads are completely indecipherable. Shame for the reader who can't read the story and the scanner who hasn't scanned a complete issue.

Link to the book: Thriller 165 1932-04-02 Bogof39
ip icon Logged

narfstar

• Administrator
message icon
« Reply #1 on: June 15, 2016, 01:21:01 AM »

Shame on you for condemning someone for freely giving of their time and their efforts to provide any scans of their rare items.
ip icon Logged

Kracalactaka

• Past Member
  • avatar for old site member: Kracalactaka
message icon
« Reply #2 on: June 15, 2016, 02:33:44 AM »

indeed, also you'll note that this is only 23 pages, yet is over 41MB, indicating a pretty high scan resolution.

2 page spreads always appear small (especially text) in the online reader, the solution is to download the file to your computer or tablet and use a Comic reading program like Cdisplay (or any number of other FREE downloadable programs) to read the comic.

OR you  can change the file extension from .cbz to .zip and unzip the image files and read them individually.
ip icon Logged

paw broon

• Administrator
message icon
« Reply #3 on: June 15, 2016, 11:42:27 AM »

bambos,  I've just noticed your comments on this paper and apart from echoing what narfstar writes, I'd like to add to Krac's notes.  I downloaded the file and went to the centre spread using CDisplayex and on my pc screen I found it readable.  Then I used the zoom and the quality of the scan became more apparent.  No problem reading it
So try what Krac suggests and take what narfstar has written to heart.  We do this for free, for a love of comics and story papers, and give our time and efforts because we want these treasures to survive.
Perhaps an apology to Bogoff would be appropriate as he is one of the most prolific scanners hereabouts and his work is greatly appreciated. 
I look forward to hearing from you on the forum.
ip icon Logged

hoover

message icon
« Reply #4 on: June 15, 2016, 05:04:49 PM »

I don't need an apology Paw.  The fact is that when I make scans they are not intended to be read online but are for people to download for their collections.  When this is done there is no particular difficulty in reading them as has been pointed out.  The remainder of the Thriller scans will be the same when I finish editing them.  I have another 26 to do.  They display well on CB+ and give members an idea what is there and whether to download or not.  If bambos doesn't wish to do this there are lots of other items on the site to read.
hoover 
ip icon Logged
Pages: [1]

Comic Book Plus In-House Image
Mission: Our mission is to present free of charge, and to the widest audience, popular cultural works of the past. These are offered as a contribution to education and lifelong learning. They reflect the attitudes, perspectives, and beliefs of different times. We do not endorse these views, which may contain content offensive to modern users.

Disclaimer: We aim to house only Public Domain content. If you suspect that any of our material may be infringing copyright, please use our contact page to let us know. So we can investigate further. Utilizing our downloadable content, is strictly at your own risk. In no event will we be liable for any loss or damage including without limitation, indirect or consequential loss or damage, or any loss or damage whatsoever arising from loss of data or profits arising out of, or in connection with, the use of this website.