in house dollar bill thumbnail
Comic Book Plus In-House Image
 Total: 43,177 books
 New: 244 books

small login logo

Please enter your details to login and enjoy all the fun of the fair!

Not a member? Join us here. Everything is FREE and ALWAYS will be.

Forgotten your login details? No problem, you can get your password back here.

Re: Brave and Bold 109 - In the Depths of the Dark Continent

Pages: [1]

topic icon Author Topic: Re: Brave and Bold 109 - In the Depths of the Dark Continent  (Read 210 times)

jrasicmark

message icon
« on: September 28, 2019, 12:30:04 AM »

Giant crabs?! I remember the pilot for the Brady Kids cartoon spin-off of the Brady Bunch had them on a runaway balloon that landed them on a deserted island where giant crabs marched to attack them! It seemed to bizarre and silly to me, even as a kid, that I'm actually surprised they weren't the first to be attacked by giant crabs in fiction!

Link to the book: Brave and Bold 109 - In the Depths of the Dark Continent
ip icon Logged

crashryan

• VIP & JVJ Project Member
message icon
« Reply #1 on: September 29, 2019, 12:22:46 AM »

I've felt uncomfortable around giant crabs ever since, as a kid, I saw a horror movie about giant telepathic crabs which absorbed their victim's personalities, then lured others to their doom. I'm happy to leave them to the Brady Kids.
ip icon Logged

SuperScrounge

• VIP
message icon
« Reply #2 on: September 29, 2019, 12:46:26 AM »

Well, in 1969 Emil Petaja had giant, alien crabs as the villains in the book The Nets of Space.

In 1961 Ray Harryhousen animated a giant crab fighting the heroes. (Not sure if this scene was in Verne's book.)

In 1957 Roger Corman made Attack of the Crab Monsters, which featured giant, radioactive crabs.
ip icon Logged

crashryan

• VIP & JVJ Project Member
message icon
« Reply #3 on: September 29, 2019, 02:59:36 AM »

Attack of the Crab Monsters. That would be the film that spoiled me on giant crabs. A Roger Corman production, it turns out.
ip icon Logged
Pages: [1]

Comic Book Plus In-House Image
Mission: Our mission is to present free of charge, and to the widest audience, popular cultural works of the past. These are offered as a contribution to education and lifelong learning. They reflect the attitudes, perspectives, and beliefs of different times. We do not endorse these views, which may contain content offensive to modern users.

Disclaimer: We aim to house only Public Domain content. If you suspect that any of our material may be infringing copyright, please use our contact page to let us know. So we can investigate further. Utilizing our downloadable content, is strictly at your own risk. In no event will we be liable for any loss or damage including without limitation, indirect or consequential loss or damage, or any loss or damage whatsoever arising from loss of data or profits arising out of, or in connection with, the use of this website.