in house dollar bill thumbnail
 Total: 42,782 books
 New: 213 books

small login logo

Please enter your details to login and enjoy all the fun of the fair!

Not a member? Join us here. Everything is FREE and ALWAYS will be.

Forgotten your login details? No problem, you can get your password back here.

Military Comics

Pages: [1]

topic icon Author Topic: Military Comics  (Read 6158 times)

Golden Superman Prime

• Past Member
  • avatar for old site member: Golden Superman Prime
message icon
Military Comics
« on: November 21, 2008, 01:42:13 AM »

I downloaded the first, and read it, but at LEAST #2 and 3 are defunct.

Any way of fixing this?
ip icon Logged

Yoc

• Past Member
message icon
Re: Military Comics
« Reply #1 on: November 21, 2008, 01:54:27 AM »

I've no idea what's going on GSP.  I've just downloaded #2 and it works fine for me.
The files themselves appear to be fine as far as I can tell.

Have you read the FAQ on the subject here?
http://goldenagecomics.co.uk/forum/index.php/topic,10.0.html

Note especially:
These are free software image viewing programs designed specifically for reading digital comic book files, particularly those in .cbr and .cbz formats (and .rar and .zip formats, if they haven't had their file extensions changed to .cbr and .cbz yet).
If you rename your '.CBR' file to '.RAR' you can OPEN the folder with WinRar (a pay program) or perhaps a freeware application that can handle RAR files (TUGZip has been suggested).  You can extract the files into a new folder and then recreate the file again to read them in CDisplay or just read them with the freeware app Irfranview found here:
http://www.irfanview.com/main_download_engl.htm

-Yoc
ip icon Logged

Golden Superman Prime

• Past Member
  • avatar for old site member: Golden Superman Prime
message icon
« Reply #2 on: November 21, 2008, 02:39:30 AM »

Working fine for me too. I went and tried again.  :-\  ??? Although the first time, I tried several times without success.

Thanks Yoc. I'll keep the advice in mind for future problems and check out TUGZip, because my WinRar trial appears to be almost over.

I apologize profusely for the false alarm.
ip icon Logged

bminor

• VIP
message icon
« Reply #3 on: January 07, 2009, 12:55:04 PM »

Any idea what us Mac users can use to read these files (books) without unpacking them???
ip icon Logged

Yoc

• Past Member
message icon
« Reply #4 on: January 07, 2009, 07:17:02 PM »

Mac readers are covered in 'How to make digital comics? (FAQ)"

Try this link for a recommended Mac reader:
http://www.feedface.com/projects/ffview.html
ip icon Logged

Geo (R.I.P.)

• VIP & JVJ Project Member
message icon
« Reply #5 on: January 08, 2009, 06:47:19 AM »

These are the ones I know work with the Mac's: Comic Book Lover, FFview, Simple Comic, Comic Reader Pro, Comical, Cooviewer, Comic Book Viewer. That's all the ones I know of, nothing new has come out for awhile now. That should help you out some.

Geo
ip icon Logged
Pages: [1]

Comic Book Plus In-House Image
Mission and Disclaimer: The mission of Comic Book Plus is to present completely free of charge, and to the widest possible audience, popular cultural works of the past. These records are offered as a contribution to education and lifelong learning. They are historical documents reflecting the attitudes, perspectives, and beliefs of different times. We at Comic Book Plus do not endorse the views expressed in these, which may contain content offensive to modern users.

We aim to house only content in the Public Domain. If you suspect that any of our material may be infringing copyright, then please use our contact page to let us know. So we can investigate further.