in house dollar bill thumbnail
 Total: 42,782 books
 New: 213 books

small login logo

Please enter your details to login and enjoy all the fun of the fair!

Not a member? Join us here. Everything is FREE and ALWAYS will be.

Forgotten your login details? No problem, you can get your password back here.

Life Magazine, 29 Jun 1899

Pages: [1]

topic icon Author Topic: Life Magazine, 29 Jun 1899  (Read 546 times)

crashryan

• VIP & JVJ Project Member
message icon
Life Magazine, 29 Jun 1899
« on: January 09, 2021, 05:37:47 AM »

I've just uploaded a scan of the first of my copies of Life Magazine (the humor mag, not the photo news weekly). It's issue 866 from the 29th of June, 1899. I have about a dozen of these from the period 1899-1902 which I will be uploading sporadically over the next few weeks. Find it in the Newspapers and Magazines section.
ip icon Logged

The Australian Panther

• VIP
message icon
Re: Life Magazine, 29 Jun 1899
« Reply #1 on: January 09, 2021, 10:21:02 AM »

Crash, You are my Hero! Back in the early 1960s I was at boarding school. The school had only a small library made up of donated books as it was only new and didn't have a big budget.
What they did have tho - were several bound yearly volumes of the early Life Magazine [Which, as the rest of you will see, was more like the British 'Punch' than the later Life photo mag.]  covering the Early WW1 years. They were among the best History books I have ever read. The cartoons taught me all about how propaganda about 'the rape of Belgium' and then the sinking of the Lusitania whipped up the US public to overcome their reluctance to enter the war! Wonderful stuff!
On this page you will find cover scans from 1883 to 1946.
https://2neat.com/product-category/life-magazine-1883-1936/   
Can't wait!
ip icon Logged
Pages: [1]

Comic Book Plus In-House Image
Mission and Disclaimer: The mission of Comic Book Plus is to present completely free of charge, and to the widest possible audience, popular cultural works of the past. These records are offered as a contribution to education and lifelong learning. They are historical documents reflecting the attitudes, perspectives, and beliefs of different times. We at Comic Book Plus do not endorse the views expressed in these, which may contain content offensive to modern users.

We aim to house only content in the Public Domain. If you suspect that any of our material may be infringing copyright, then please use our contact page to let us know. So we can investigate further.