in house dollar bill thumbnail
 Total: 42,782 books
 New: 213 books

small login logo

Please enter your details to login and enjoy all the fun of the fair!

Not a member? Join us here. Everything is FREE and ALWAYS will be.

Forgotten your login details? No problem, you can get your password back here.

How can I make new .cbz files for uploading?

Pages: [1]

topic icon Author Topic: How can I make new .cbz files for uploading?  (Read 749 times)

Robb_K

• VIP
message icon
How can I make new .cbz files for uploading?
« on: April 11, 2020, 03:29:57 AM »

I'm in my mid 70s, and learning the new tecnologies has come very hard to me.  Can someone walk me through  solving my problem?

I have scanned comic books to contribute to this website and one other.  The other site requires that all donated comic book scans must be .cbr or .cbz files.  My files are just individual .jpg files, which I placed into zip files on my MAC desktop.

I know that WinZip will make .cbz files.  But is there a version of WinZip that works on a Mac?

I found an archive converting tool at this website:   https://www.online-convert.com/   that converts zip files to .TAR files, but I need to go from zip files to .cbz files for the other website that I want to upload.  Will Comic Book Plus accept upload of .TAR files?
« Last Edit: April 11, 2020, 08:34:14 PM by Robb_K »
ip icon Logged

Drahken

message icon
Re: How can I make new .cbz files for uploading?
« Reply #1 on: April 16, 2020, 06:56:31 AM »

You say you already have them in zip files, which means you already have them in cbz format. Cbz files are just zip files with the file extension changed (cbr files are rar files with the extension changed).
ip icon Logged

Robb_K

• VIP
message icon
Re: How can I make new .cbz files for uploading?
« Reply #2 on: April 16, 2020, 08:32:40 AM »

You say you already have them in zip files, which means you already have them in cbz format. Cbz files are just zip files with the file extension changed (cbr files are rar files with the extension changed).

Thanks for that information.  Then I will submit them as is.
ip icon Logged
Pages: [1]

Comic Book Plus In-House Image
Mission and Disclaimer: The mission of Comic Book Plus is to present completely free of charge, and to the widest possible audience, popular cultural works of the past. These records are offered as a contribution to education and lifelong learning. They are historical documents reflecting the attitudes, perspectives, and beliefs of different times. We at Comic Book Plus do not endorse the views expressed in these, which may contain content offensive to modern users.

We aim to house only content in the Public Domain. If you suspect that any of our material may be infringing copyright, then please use our contact page to let us know. So we can investigate further.