in house dollar bill thumbnail
 Total: 43,470 books
 New: 224 books

small login logo

Please enter your details to login and enjoy all the fun of the fair!

Not a member? Join us here. Everything is FREE and ALWAYS will be.

Forgotten your login details? No problem, you can get your password back here.

Can't Download - Resetting Download Limits

Pages: 1 ... 7 8 [9] 10 11 ... 21

topic icon Author Topic: Can't Download - Resetting Download Limits  (Read 111604 times)

boox909

• VIP
message icon
Re: ANYONE WITH THEIR PASSWORD NOT WORKING PLEASE READ THIS TOPIC, THANKS
« Reply #200 on: March 17, 2010, 02:47:57 AM »

There is one person ME who has to set up everyones downloads. If you took the time to read the threads you would see that. The new way of doing is 200mg or 20 files a month whichever comes first.
newcollector and orzel-w you are now set for the month

I implore our newbies (many of whom have been members for a while, but oddly choose to not support the site with posts or donations) to exercise extreme patience and understanding during this time.

Narf is the only admin around right now to keep this site going. Once Janus returns (sending out psychic vibes in his general direction) there will be a few additional admins around to help out.

However, for now, tread carefully with your complaining, even a kind soul such as Narf has to be nearing the edge of civility.

B.
ip icon Logged

superduperbooks

• Past Member
  • avatar for old site member: superduperbooks
message icon
Re: Bandwidth troubles
« Reply #201 on: March 17, 2010, 04:02:57 AM »

I understand there are new limits, but I am unable to download ANYTHING since coming back to the site. I haven't been around since the problems you guys were having with signing in last year, but I have posted scans to the site before, and don't consider myself a "newbie". Can you tell me what I need to do to get my downloads working again?
ip icon Logged

boox909

• VIP
message icon
« Reply #202 on: March 17, 2010, 04:08:33 AM »

I understand there are new limits, but I am unable to download ANYTHING since coming back to the site. I haven't been around since the problems you guys were having with signing in last year, but I have posted scans to the site before, and don't consider myself a "newbie". Can you tell me what I need to do to get my downloads working again?

Let Narf know what your posted scans were so he can make a note of it and see about upgrading you to VIP status, and getting you some downloads between now and then.

B.
ip icon Logged

Janus Wolf

• VIP & JVJ Project Member
message icon
« Reply #203 on: March 17, 2010, 05:36:20 AM »

I just upgraded 5 members today. I am working on getting two new content features here, and am in the process of working with a coder.
Right now instead of donations, if you have uploaded any books I can grant you VIP status. My apologies to newbies, I am working on a content feature that will enable newbies to get VIP status without donating or uploading books as well. I do not want to take the site down, so while the site is functioning best for VIP's I will correct the newbie status asap, and advise you all in the next few days when the content project officially begins....

ip icon Logged

Janus Wolf

message icon
« Reply #204 on: March 17, 2010, 06:36:33 AM »

Thanks Boox909 - just upgraded some members, moderators, and upgraded newbies to 200 megs every week. i hope this helps ease some of admin load here. I have to work on other site issues, but the site is working well - in terms of bandwidth and storage,. Just wanted to ease any concerns as I will be working on the features and may take a couple of weeks.
ip icon Logged

boox909

• VIP
message icon
« Reply #205 on: March 17, 2010, 06:38:51 AM »

Thanks Boox909 - just upgraded some members, moderators, and upgraded newbies to 200 megs every week. i hope this helps ease some of admin load here. I have to work on other site issues, but the site is working well - in terms of bandwidth and storage,. Just wanted to ease any concerns as I will be working on the features and may take a couple of weeks.

Janus I just used paypal to donate $20.00USD toward your efforts and to support the site.  ;D 

I encourage many to follow my example. ::hint hint shove kick::   ;)

B.
ip icon Logged

Janus Wolf

message icon
« Reply #206 on: March 17, 2010, 06:45:41 AM »

Thanks Boox909! I did get this donation!

I know many users can not afford anything or much because of these hard economic times. I understand, and have increased the newbie limits.

This is much appreciated and will go directly to the development of the site, I am working with a coder on this as well.

thanks

Janus
ip icon Logged

narfstar

• Administrator
message icon
« Reply #207 on: March 17, 2010, 09:45:55 AM »

YEAH it is working. Now can you remove the please do not donate button? It will help get more cash it. Remember after a donation to upgrade the individual Janus you are the only one who can.
ip icon Logged

h0w31rd

message icon
« Reply #208 on: March 17, 2010, 02:34:26 PM »

Well thank you admin. for opening my account. I seem to have a problem with downloading it says my bandwidth is: 976.56 KB remaining. I haven't downloaded anything yet. So that's the total I have. Now I could be wrong but that's less than a Mb of files. Files range from 30 Mb down to about 5 Mb for incompletes. So how am I supposed to download with this limitation. Thanks for the help. I understand it's a new system, and I don't envy you the headache. Any help is appreciated. (p.s. Does anyone need help with fixing scans? I think I might be able to do some digital restoration for good scans.)
ip icon Logged

narfstar

• Administrator
message icon
« Reply #209 on: March 17, 2010, 02:40:44 PM »

Looks like some numbers got messedup. you had lots of files but no bandwidth to get them with you are now at the right leverl
ip icon Logged

narfstar

• Administrator
message icon
« Reply #210 on: March 17, 2010, 03:12:15 PM »

I think he is still trying to find his way out of that black hole
ip icon Logged

Astaldo711

message icon
« Reply #211 on: March 17, 2010, 03:15:52 PM »

"oh where oh where can my little Yoc be, oh where oh where can he be?"
ip icon Logged
Comic Book Plus In-House Image

youngonce

• Past Member
  • avatar for old site member: youngonce
message icon
« Reply #212 on: March 17, 2010, 06:26:28 PM »

Hi there,
I registered here on March 8, tried to download something, and got the error message. I have returned twice to try again, without success.

I've read through the old posts about this issue, trying to see what if anything I can do to get to the next step.

If I've missed something, please remind me.

Thanks!
ip icon Logged

JVJ

message icon
« Reply #213 on: March 17, 2010, 06:29:40 PM »

I sincerely hope that all the people that narfstar helped during his stint as lone hero have gone back and sent him a karma boost. I just did. Thanks narf, ya did good - way above and beyond...

Peace, Jim (|:{>
ip icon Logged

Astaldo711

message icon
« Reply #214 on: March 17, 2010, 06:38:36 PM »

Yes, a hearty chorus of "For He's a Jolly Good Fellow" for Narf!  ;D
ip icon Logged

narfstar

• Administrator
message icon
« Reply #215 on: March 17, 2010, 06:50:42 PM »

Thanks guys this site is too valuable to let down. With Astaldo living here he can take up a lot of the slack  ;D
ip icon Logged

DennyWilson

• VIP
message icon
« Reply #216 on: March 17, 2010, 07:18:41 PM »

I'd just like to see some stability and regularity with the bandwith/downlaod alotments and resets.

ip icon Logged

narfstar

• Administrator
message icon
« Reply #217 on: March 17, 2010, 07:21:17 PM »

Nobody more so than me. I have had to do all the work you just had to post and download.
ip icon Logged

boox909

• VIP
message icon
« Reply #218 on: March 17, 2010, 07:31:52 PM »

Nobody more so than me. I have had to do all the work you just had to post and download.

...and complain -- he had to do that too!  ;D ;D ;D

However, things are immediately improving and since newbies get 200mb WEEKLY there should be a bit less...although I do expect to see "I missed using my 200mb last week, can I get it added to my allotment this week?"  ::) ::) ::)
ip icon Logged

narfstar

• Administrator
message icon
« Reply #219 on: March 17, 2010, 08:18:04 PM »

We need to subtract complaints form total posts and see if anyone reverts to newbie  :P
ip icon Logged

Aqualad1

• Past Member
  • avatar for old site member: Aqualad1
message icon
« Reply #220 on: March 18, 2010, 03:53:55 AM »

ip icon Logged

narfstar

• Administrator
message icon
« Reply #221 on: March 18, 2010, 04:00:16 AM »

You may have missed janus post to let him know what you uploaded. He is the only one who can upgrade to vip
ip icon Logged

boox909

• VIP
message icon
« Reply #222 on: March 18, 2010, 04:07:54 AM »

AL, send Janus a PM so he knows of your contributions worthy of VIP-dom.  ;D
ip icon Logged

razormac

• Past Member
  • avatar for old site member: razormac
message icon
« Reply #223 on: March 19, 2010, 12:39:37 AM »

I'm having the same problem.  Last downloaded several days ago, but bandwidth hasn't reset. 
ip icon Logged

Janus Wolf

message icon
« Reply #224 on: March 19, 2010, 12:58:27 AM »

Thanks everyone for your help. If there is someone who requires VIP status, let me know. I think I got everyone.
ip icon Logged
Pages: 1 ... 7 8 [9] 10 11 ... 21

Comic Book Plus In-House Image
Mission: Our mission is to present free of charge, and to the widest audience, popular cultural works of the past. These are offered as a contribution to education and lifelong learning. They reflect the attitudes, perspectives, and beliefs of different times. We do not endorse these views, which may contain content offensive to modern users.

Disclaimer: We aim to house only Public Domain content. If you suspect that any of our material may be infringing copyright, please use our contact page to let us know. So we can investigate further. Utilizing our downloadable content, is strictly at your own risk. In no event will we be liable for any loss or damage including without limitation, indirect or consequential loss or damage, or any loss or damage whatsoever arising from loss of data or profits arising out of, or in connection with, the use of this website.