in house dollar bill thumbnail
 Total: 43,470 books
 New: 224 books

small login logo

Please enter your details to login and enjoy all the fun of the fair!

Not a member? Join us here. Everything is FREE and ALWAYS will be.

Forgotten your login details? No problem, you can get your password back here.

Can't Download - Resetting Download Limits

Pages: 1 ... 6 7 [8] 9 10 ... 21

topic icon Author Topic: Can't Download - Resetting Download Limits  (Read 111605 times)

whitcomb23

• Past Member
  • avatar for old site member: whitcomb23
message icon
Re: Bandwidth troubles
« Reply #175 on: March 15, 2010, 05:18:41 PM »

Well, this will teach me to be a little more visible.  I've been around here for a few years, but I don't really have anything to scan, so I haven't posted much (read: almost nothing).  Oh, well.

Looking forward to donations getting re-organized.  I'd owe you folks a lot even if I never managed to download anything again.
ip icon Logged

narfstar

• Administrator
message icon
« Reply #176 on: March 15, 2010, 05:21:22 PM »

thanks Whit
ip icon Logged

DennyWilson

• VIP
message icon
« Reply #177 on: March 16, 2010, 12:11:54 AM »

Still waiting for today's reset :)

...why isn't the site on auto reset?
ip icon Logged

narfstar

• Administrator
message icon
« Reply #178 on: March 16, 2010, 12:23:27 AM »

Reset is monthly not daily
ip icon Logged

Bemore

• Past Member
  • avatar for old site member: Bemore
message icon
« Reply #179 on: March 16, 2010, 12:42:18 AM »

48 hours I have been a member and still I have 0 bandwidth and 0 files available. So obviously no downloads. I s this going to be fixed? Or am I missing something?
ip icon Logged

whamcomics

• VIP
message icon
« Reply #180 on: March 16, 2010, 12:44:16 AM »

Agh!  Can't download!  I've only ever contributed one book (Captain Marvel Adventures 150) but have Whiz 85, 148 and Plastic Man 23 to offer if I'm ever allowed back in...

Thanks!
Sandy

PS: My User CP says:
Remaining bandwidth:   156.24 MB remaining
Bandwidth time remaining:   19 Days, 13 Hours, 0 Minutes
Files remaining:   18 files remaining
Files time remaining:   19 Days, 13 Hours, 0 Minutes

But when I try to DL:
Error: Your session ID does not match the session ID for this download link. If you are following this link from our site, please report it to the admin.. If you believe this to be in error, please quote the above error and report this to the admin
« Last Edit: March 16, 2010, 12:54:44 AM by whamcomics »
ip icon Logged

DennyWilson

• VIP
message icon
« Reply #181 on: March 16, 2010, 01:28:40 AM »

I'm confoozdicated.

Mr. A said on March 10:

ip icon Logged

JVJ

• VIP & JVJ Project Member
message icon
« Reply #182 on: March 16, 2010, 01:49:16 AM »

I think that everyone just has to realize that "the way things are" right now is not the way they used to be or the way they might be in the future. The site is in a state of flux and a little patience is necessary. Everyone wishes that things were a little different, but they are the way they are. We know that there problems and the folks (read Narfstar) that can help are few and far between. C'est la vie (and thanks to narf for his unstinting efforts...)
Peace (and patience), Jim (|:{>

ip icon Logged

narfstar

• Administrator
message icon
« Reply #183 on: March 16, 2010, 01:55:21 AM »

wham you may need to whipout your cookies to reset. I do not know if you are showing that you have enough. I also do not have a clue what Janus has as limits for any other level than newbie. I can not set anything to be automatic!!!! I do not know if everyone but newbies get unlimited I think that is what it means but not sure until Janus says something. I will set Denny up for higher. I can not give unlimited or reset everyday I am doing all I can now.
ip icon Logged

bchat

• Past Member
  • avatar for old site member: bchat
message icon
« Reply #184 on: March 16, 2010, 02:07:04 AM »

But when I try to DL:
Error: Your session ID does not match the session ID for this download link. If you are following this link from our site, please report it to the admin.. If you believe this to be in error, please quote the above error and report this to the admin

I still run into that same Error from time to time, so my assumption is that it's a glitch in the system with nothing to do with anyone's status or remaining bandwidth.  The simple fix, if you still have enough bandwidth available, is to go back & refresh the page with the file you're trying to download.

And I don't think anyone can say enough about the time & effort Narfstar has been putting into this site to keep things moving along.  I can see that a lot of people are frustrated by the current situation, but just imagine how bad it would be without him here.
ip icon Logged

Poztron

• VIP
message icon
« Reply #185 on: March 16, 2010, 02:17:59 AM »

And I don't think anyone can say enough about the time & effort Narfstar has been putting into this site to keep things moving along.  I can see that a lot of people are frustrated by the current situation, but just imagine how bad it would be without him here.

I'll second that. I'll admit to having had issues in the past with the quality of some of Narfstar's scans (and some weren't scans but photos), but I salute the work and effort he's put in overall and especially during this transitional period. A tip o' the Poztron hat to Narfstar.
ip icon Logged

DennyWilson

• VIP
message icon
« Reply #186 on: March 16, 2010, 02:20:01 AM »

I'll third that!
ip icon Logged
Comic Book Plus In-House Image

whamcomics

• VIP
message icon
« Reply #187 on: March 16, 2010, 02:21:42 AM »

Bingo!  I'd tried refreshing before, but apparently second time's the charm.  Thanks all!
ip icon Logged

DennyWilson

• VIP
message icon
« Reply #188 on: March 16, 2010, 02:31:25 AM »

wham you may need to whipout your cookies to reset. I do not know if you are showing that you have enough. I also do not have a clue what Janus has as limits for any other level than newbie. I can not set anything to be automatic!!!! I do not know if everyone but newbies get unlimited I think that is what it means but not sure until Janus says something. I will set Denny up for higher. I can not give unlimited or reset everyday I am doing all I can now.

Thanks. :)
ip icon Logged

Mandrake9

• Past Member
  • avatar for old site member: Mandrake9
message icon
« Reply #189 on: March 16, 2010, 09:54:31 AM »

Thank you, Narfstar, I appreciate it. When donations can be made again, I'll make another. Keep 'em flying.
ip icon Logged

Jedifish

• VIP
message icon
« Reply #190 on: March 16, 2010, 12:28:53 PM »

But when I try to DL:

I still run into that same Error from time to time, so my assumption is that it's a glitch in the system with nothing to do with anyone's status or remaining bandwidth.  The simple fix, if you still have enough bandwidth available, is to go back & refresh the page with the file you're trying to download.

Yeah, I've had the error a few times too. I usually just go back a couple pages and then click my way through to the file I want to download, and it usually works the second time.
ip icon Logged

Astaldo711

• VIP & JVJ Project Member
message icon
« Reply #191 on: March 16, 2010, 02:36:57 PM »

I Janus ever comes back, I will be able to help Narf and he can have a much needed rest!
ip icon Logged

h0w31rd

message icon
« Reply #192 on: March 16, 2010, 04:55:50 PM »

I've been member for about year and a half. Still considered newbie. But I still can't download anything. Been about 4 days ago when checked back. Today still can't download anything. Any help? Please? Thanks for your help.
ip icon Logged

newcollector

• Past Member
  • avatar for old site member: newcollector
message icon
Re: ANYONE WITH THEIR PASSWORD NOT WORKING PLEASE READ THIS TOPIC, THANKS
« Reply #193 on: March 16, 2010, 05:34:55 PM »

I gave it over the weekend, and now I can log in but I can't dl  :-\

So, I've got to contact "Janus"?

J
ip icon Logged

orzel-w

• Past Member
  • avatar for old site member: orzel-w
message icon
« Reply #194 on: March 16, 2010, 09:23:27 PM »

I confirmed my registration three days ago (13 March), but my User CP still shows zero on all the bandwidth/remaining downloads counters. ???
« Last Edit: March 16, 2010, 09:26:35 PM by orzel-w »
ip icon Logged

DennyWilson

• VIP
message icon
« Reply #195 on: March 16, 2010, 11:30:51 PM »

The download limits with the new restrictions are 200 MB PER MONTH up to a maximum of 20 books.
With the average size of 30 MB, that means nobody can download more than two books per week.

Wait - I thought this was just for newbies? What happened to the different limits for different levels of status?
ip icon Logged

boox909

• VIP
message icon
« Reply #196 on: March 16, 2010, 11:35:44 PM »

The download limits with the new restrictions are 200 MB PER MONTH up to a maximum of 20 books.
With the average size of 30 MB, that means nobody can download more than two books per week.

Wait - I thought this was just for newbies? What happened to the different limits for different levels of status?

Citalras is talking to the newbie about the restrictions concerning newbies, offering suggestions regarding how everyone (newbies included) can still obtain access (in many cases, unrestricted access) to the books outside of GAC.

Don't you go off and start a new 'newbie' thread Denny!  ;D ;D ;D
ip icon Logged

DennyWilson

• VIP
message icon
« Reply #197 on: March 17, 2010, 12:02:18 AM »

Citalras is talking to the newbie about the restrictions concerning newbies, offering suggestions regarding how everyone (newbies included) can still obtain access (in many cases, unrestricted access) to the books outside of GAC.

Don't you go off and start a new 'newbie' thread Denny!  ;D ;D ;D

Ok :)
ip icon Logged

bowers

• Global Moderator
message icon
« Reply #198 on: March 17, 2010, 12:40:03 AM »

Well, I sure miss the unlimited downloads of the past but the situation is what it is. Thanks to all who have spent their time and treasure to share these comics with all of us! Cheers, Jeff
ip icon Logged

narfstar

• Administrator
message icon
« Reply #199 on: March 17, 2010, 01:44:49 AM »

There is one person ME who has to set up everyones downloads. If you took the time to read the threads you would see that. The new way of doing is 200mg or 20 files a month whichever comes first.
newcollector and orzel-w you are now set for the month
ip icon Logged
Pages: 1 ... 6 7 [8] 9 10 ... 21

Comic Book Plus In-House Image
Mission: Our mission is to present free of charge, and to the widest audience, popular cultural works of the past. These are offered as a contribution to education and lifelong learning. They reflect the attitudes, perspectives, and beliefs of different times. We do not endorse these views, which may contain content offensive to modern users.

Disclaimer: We aim to house only Public Domain content. If you suspect that any of our material may be infringing copyright, please use our contact page to let us know. So we can investigate further. Utilizing our downloadable content, is strictly at your own risk. In no event will we be liable for any loss or damage including without limitation, indirect or consequential loss or damage, or any loss or damage whatsoever arising from loss of data or profits arising out of, or in connection with, the use of this website.