in house dollar bill thumbnail
 Total: 42,782 books
 New: 213 books

small login logo

Please enter your details to login and enjoy all the fun of the fair!

Not a member? Join us here. Everything is FREE and ALWAYS will be.

Forgotten your login details? No problem, you can get your password back here.

The Phantom Circle

Pages: [1]

topic icon Author Topic: The Phantom Circle  (Read 469 times)

paw broon

• Administrator
message icon
The Phantom Circle
« on: May 03, 2023, 03:54:35 PM »

I finally got round to collecting the pages for a second Phantom Circle story.  This is an improved and extended compilation with a cover, 2 stories and an info page.  For those who enjoy masked, robed, hooded groups in schools, you'll find it here:-
https://comicbookplus.com/?dlid=85238
ip icon Logged

The Australian Panther

• VIP
message icon
Re: The Phantom Circle
« Reply #1 on: May 04, 2023, 08:20:25 AM »

For those who enjoy masked, robed, hooded groups in schools, you'll find it here 

Paw, do yu have any idea what kind of image that conjures up in 2023? :o
ip icon Logged

The Australian Panther

• VIP
message icon
« Reply #2 on: May 04, 2023, 08:25:30 AM »

Trying to find, open and download this I get this message.

Now, let us just see what the problem is here.

Ok, it's just that the page was not found.

ip icon Logged

paw broon

• Administrator
message icon
« Reply #3 on: May 04, 2023, 09:59:10 AM »

Apologies. Problem withe file so I've taken it down.  I'll fix it.
ip icon Logged

paw broon

• Administrator
message icon
« Reply #4 on: May 04, 2023, 01:12:42 PM »

Hopefully it's all ok now.
https://comicbookplus.com/?dlid=85239
ip icon Logged

SuperScrounge

• VIP
message icon
« Reply #5 on: May 04, 2023, 08:37:57 PM »

For those who enjoy masked, robed, hooded groups in schools, you'll find it here 

Paw, do yu have any idea what kind of image that conjures up in 2023? :o

Yeah, when I read his comment I thought, "Were there any white hooded groups?"

Then I thought maybe someone should make a parody of those groups, perhaps called something like the Knitting Knights of Knockwurst, and they fought a villain called Black Tom?"  ;)

These days of course people would ignore the intended parody and pretend to take offense at it.
ip icon Logged

crashryan

• VIP & JVJ Project Member
message icon
« Reply #6 on: May 05, 2023, 01:34:58 AM »

As you know, I too am a fan of school secret society comics. Thanks for collecting these stories for us. The artwork changes radically between stories. The first uses the somewhat stodgy heavily-crosshatched style I associate with this sort of comic (stodgy, but I like it), while the second takes a much more open approach, as if drawn for color.

The secret society concept must have struck a chord with readers back in the day. There seem to have been lots of them--and you say they date back to the 1930s! Do you know if The Green Feather was the first?
ip icon Logged

paw broon

• Administrator
message icon
« Reply #7 on: May 05, 2023, 07:06:37 PM »

I think so but there were similar characters and groups in the predecessor prose pocket libraries. An interesting wee project
ip icon Logged
Pages: [1]

Comic Book Plus In-House Image
Mission and Disclaimer: The mission of Comic Book Plus is to present completely free of charge, and to the widest possible audience, popular cultural works of the past. These records are offered as a contribution to education and lifelong learning. They are historical documents reflecting the attitudes, perspectives, and beliefs of different times. We at Comic Book Plus do not endorse the views expressed in these, which may contain content offensive to modern users.

We aim to house only content in the Public Domain. If you suspect that any of our material may be infringing copyright, then please use our contact page to let us know. So we can investigate further.