in house dollar bill thumbnail
 Total: 42,782 books
 New: 213 books

small login logo

Please enter your details to login and enjoy all the fun of the fair!

Not a member? Join us here. Everything is FREE and ALWAYS will be.

Forgotten your login details? No problem, you can get your password back here.

Facsimile copies of old comics

Pages: [1]

topic icon Author Topic: Facsimile copies of old comics  (Read 1894 times)

Quirky Quokka

• VIP
message icon
Facsimile copies of old comics
« on: September 02, 2022, 06:53:14 AM »

Hi everyone

I'm fairly new to this site, so I'm sorry if this has already been covered. In the last few years (and probably way before that), DC and Marvel have been releasing facsimile copies of the occasional retro comic. A lot of these comics have already been collected in volumes, but those collections usually just include the actual stories. The facsimile editions reproduce the whole comic as it would have appeared at the time, including ads, special features etc, like the ones on this site, but as print versions. Just this week, I picked up a facsimile copy of Detective Comics 27 from 1939, in which Batman made his first appearance. A full 64 pages with lots of other comics and a short story. Two weeks ago, I picked up a facsimile copy of the first Spiderman annual from the early 1960s, with a 40-page Spiderman story, and lots of special features. The owner of my local comic book store said that DC is planning to release some early issues of Superman and Wonder Woman later this year, so keep an eye out. I love these, as I'm just interested in reading the old comics rather than buying them as an investment.
ip icon Logged

Quirky Quokka

• VIP
message icon
Re: Facsimile copies of old comics
« Reply #1 on: September 02, 2022, 07:24:40 AM »

Sorry I posted this in the wrong forum. I have since re-posted in the Comic Talk forum. Admin please feel free to delete this post.
ip icon Logged

The Australian Panther

• VIP
message icon
« Reply #2 on: September 02, 2022, 11:27:49 AM »

You can delete your own posts! Just navigate to the post, go to 'Show the most recent forum posts' and search.
Open the  post and look at the top right. Click 'Remove' Done.
A tip for new players.
Cheers!
« Last Edit: September 02, 2022, 11:30:33 AM by The Australian Panther »
ip icon Logged

Quirky Quokka

• VIP
message icon
« Reply #3 on: September 02, 2022, 10:49:43 PM »

You can delete your own posts! Just navigate to the post, go to 'Show the most recent forum posts' and search.
Open the  post and look at the top right. Click 'Remove' Done.
A tip for new players.
Cheers!

When I clicked on 'remove', I got the following message:

An Error Has Occurred!

You cannot delete your own topics in this board. Check to make sure this topic wasn't just moved to another board.
ip icon Logged

The Australian Panther

• VIP
message icon
« Reply #4 on: September 02, 2022, 11:36:07 PM »

Not sure what happened there. You created your own topic and then posted to it.
The post and the topic aren't the same thing. The post should have been removed, I think.
Maybe when you are the poster of both the topic and the post, it won't let you remove it.
In any case, storm in a teacup, it's happened before and it will happen again.
cheers!
ip icon Logged
Pages: [1]

Comic Book Plus In-House Image
Mission and Disclaimer: The mission of Comic Book Plus is to present completely free of charge, and to the widest possible audience, popular cultural works of the past. These records are offered as a contribution to education and lifelong learning. They are historical documents reflecting the attitudes, perspectives, and beliefs of different times. We at Comic Book Plus do not endorse the views expressed in these, which may contain content offensive to modern users.

We aim to house only content in the Public Domain. If you suspect that any of our material may be infringing copyright, then please use our contact page to let us know. So we can investigate further.