in house dollar bill thumbnail
 Total: 42,782 books
 New: 213 books

small login logo

Please enter your details to login and enjoy all the fun of the fair!

Not a member? Join us here. Everything is FREE and ALWAYS will be.

Forgotten your login details? No problem, you can get your password back here.

Greetings from The Netherlands

Pages: [1]

topic icon Author Topic: Greetings from The Netherlands  (Read 115 times)

Tanja

message icon
Greetings from The Netherlands
« on: April 09, 2024, 03:14:24 PM »

Hello all you fellow Comic Lovers!
I am so happy I found you guys. I am in love with old comics ever since I found a bunch of EC Comics reissues. I had no idea there where THAT many cool comics to find. My little heart jumps :-)

Thank you for uploading and mainaining this awesome looking site!

Love, Tanja
ip icon Logged

The Australian Panther

• VIP
message icon
Re: Greetings from The Netherlands
« Reply #1 on: April 09, 2024, 10:14:18 PM »

And Greetings to you, Tanja! From NSW downunder. In my head, the Netherlands is a place rich in comics and comic creators. 
I had no idea there where THAT many cool comics to find.

and more being added all the time.
Here is the Netherlands section. As you can see it's quite small at present.
https://comicbookplus.com/?cid=2371
We would love to increase the non-English comic book collection.
Anyway, it's good to have you, jump in and enjoy and please contribute to the posts and comments.
Cheers!
ip icon Logged

paw broon

• Administrator
message icon
« Reply #2 on: April 10, 2024, 08:05:08 AM »

Hello Tanja. And we're glad you found your way here. I'm not as far away from  you as Panther as I'm in Scotland and have often spent holidays in the Netherlands, always with list of addresses of comic shops.
There're lots of comics and stuff to discover and enjoy on cb+, so get stuck in.
Please join in the conversations.
ip icon Logged

Tanja

message icon
« Reply #3 on: April 10, 2024, 04:16:13 PM »

I have never been Down Under (hehe 8) ) but I have been to Scotland once, in Edinburgh.

I have tons of Dutch comics myself which I would looove to share, but I don't own a scanner. If someone else want to scan them I'd be happy to donate them. Do we know the rules about which Dutch comics can be uploaded here?
ip icon Logged

Robb_K

• VIP
message icon
« Reply #4 on: April 12, 2024, 01:38:22 AM »

Hello all you fellow Comic Lovers!
I am so happy I found you guys. I am in love with old comics ever since I found a bunch of EC Comics reissues. I had no idea there where THAT many cool comics to find. My little heart jumps :-)

Thank you for uploading and maintaining this awesome looking site!

Love, Tanja

Hoi Tanja,
Welkom in onze forum!  Op deze website we hebben veel interessante stripboeken en strips uit de Comics Gouden Eeuw. Duizenden uren van genoten! Je zult het geweldig vinden!
ip icon Logged

Robb_K

• VIP
message icon
« Reply #5 on: April 12, 2024, 02:09:20 AM »

I have never been Down Under (hehe 8) ) but I have been to Scotland once, in Edinburgh.

I have tons of Dutch comics myself which I would looove to share, but I don't own a scanner. If someone else want to scan them I'd be happy to donate them. Do we know the rules about which Dutch comics can be uploaded here?

I have thousands of Dutch comics, but almost all of them are NOT in The Public Domain (meaning their copyrights are still in force in some or all countries).  No Disney, DC, EC, Marvel/Timely, Warner Brothers, MGM, Walter Lantz, Paul Terry Productions, Martin Toonder, enz. is allowed.  Also, we upload only a few very special publishers' books that were published after 1959 (that we know, for sure, are in The Public Domain).  I'm a big fan of Funny Animal and comedy books in general, but know very little about non-comedy comics.  So, other members here will need to explain which series of other genres(adventure, Science Fiction, Western, Romance, Crime/Detective/ War/Combat/Horror, enz.)  can be uploaded here.  Best for you to tell us which 1940s and 1950s Dutch comic book series you have issues from, and someone here can check on their copyright status.  If we feel safe that their copyrights are no longer in force, I'm sure that someone here will offer to scan them for you.  Unfortunately, I am not in Nederland right now, but hope to return there in Summer IF my health improves enough.  Otherwise, I would be able to scan them for you.

P.S.  Heb jij als kind Donald Duck Weekblad gelezen? Sinds 1984 teken en schrijf ik verhalen voor hen.   :D
« Last Edit: April 12, 2024, 08:03:32 PM by Robb_K »
ip icon Logged

Tanja

message icon
« Reply #6 on: April 12, 2024, 10:45:35 AM »

I had a subscription of Donald Duck Weekblad for years! Probably around the time you got started, since I was born in 1977. Later I got a subscription for my daughter, but unfortunatly she doesnt share my love for comics :-)

I dont have a lot of comics older than the 60's/70's/80's, so I 'm afraid I can't tribute (except financially ofcourse) If you are in Holland we might be able to set something up, to see what I've got. I hope your health improves!!
ip icon Logged

Robb_K

• VIP
message icon
« Reply #7 on: April 12, 2024, 05:51:08 PM »

I had a subscription of Donald Duck Weekblad for years! Probably around the time you got started, since I was born in 1977. Later I got a subscription for my daughter, but unfortunatly she doesnt share my love for comics :-)

I dont have a lot of comics older than the 60's/70's/80's, so I 'm afraid I can't tribute (except financially ofcourse) If you are in Holland we might be able to set something up, to see what I've got. I hope your health improves!!

Then you must have read my stories from the 1980s and early 1990s. And perhaps your daughter, read my stories from the 2010s.  Maybe that's why she doesn't like comics!!!  Ha! Ha!   :P

I will contact you when I return.  Thanks for your well wishes.
« Last Edit: April 12, 2024, 07:58:42 PM by Robb_K »
ip icon Logged

Tanja

message icon
« Reply #8 on: April 24, 2024, 07:56:51 PM »

I am sure it isn't your fault she doesnt like comics :-)
Please do keep in touch!
ip icon Logged

Robb_K

• VIP
message icon
« Reply #9 on: April 24, 2024, 10:08:22 PM »

I am sure it isn't your fault she doesnt like comics :-)
Please do keep in touch!

Dat doe ik wel!
ip icon Logged
Pages: [1]

Comic Book Plus In-House Image
Mission and Disclaimer: The mission of Comic Book Plus is to present completely free of charge, and to the widest possible audience, popular cultural works of the past. These records are offered as a contribution to education and lifelong learning. They are historical documents reflecting the attitudes, perspectives, and beliefs of different times. We at Comic Book Plus do not endorse the views expressed in these, which may contain content offensive to modern users.

We aim to house only content in the Public Domain. If you suspect that any of our material may be infringing copyright, then please use our contact page to let us know. So we can investigate further.