in house dollar bill thumbnail
 Total: 42,782 books
 New: 213 books

small login logo

Please enter your details to login and enjoy all the fun of the fair!

Not a member? Join us here. Everything is FREE and ALWAYS will be.

Forgotten your login details? No problem, you can get your password back here.

Re: En Patufet 0025

Pages: [1]

topic icon Author Topic: Re: En Patufet 0025  (Read 490 times)

MarkWarner

• Administrator
message icon
« on: August 20, 2014, 08:55:43 AM »

An interesting typo on the date. It should be the 19 June 1904 but appears as the 91 June 1904.

Think it is funny that 110 years later it is still floating around for all to see. Whoever was responsible probably took a great deal of ribbing and flak at the time and is probably turning in his grave as I type this. Whoops!

Link to the book: En Patufet 0025
ip icon Logged

Mazzucchelli

message icon
« Reply #1 on: August 20, 2014, 05:49:17 PM »

Wow, well spotted mate!  :)

I was nearly going to say that there was another typo on the month's name, written "Juny" (since June in spanish is written "Junio") but a quick search on the internet showed me that this is the archaic form of the month's name in spanish. I am glad I searched before making the fool of myself!  ;D

Anyway, I agree it's wonderful that we can look into these details and comment nowadays, and I wonder if anyone actually noticed that when it was first published.
ip icon Logged
Pages: [1]

Comic Book Plus In-House Image
Mission and Disclaimer: The mission of Comic Book Plus is to present completely free of charge, and to the widest possible audience, popular cultural works of the past. These records are offered as a contribution to education and lifelong learning. They are historical documents reflecting the attitudes, perspectives, and beliefs of different times. We at Comic Book Plus do not endorse the views expressed in these, which may contain content offensive to modern users.

We aim to house only content in the Public Domain. If you suspect that any of our material may be infringing copyright, then please use our contact page to let us know. So we can investigate further.