in house dollar bill thumbnail
 Total: 42,816 books
 New: 194 books

small login logo

Please enter your details to login and enjoy all the fun of the fair!

Not a member? Join us here. Everything is FREE and ALWAYS will be.

Forgotten your login details? No problem, you can get your password back here.

How did you find us?

Pages: 1 ... 19 20 [21] 22 23 ... 44

topic icon Author Topic: How did you find us?  (Read 256404 times)

josemas

• VIP & JVJ Project Member
message icon
Re: How did you find us?
« Reply #500 on: March 31, 2011, 09:50:03 AM »

You are all reset.

Enjoy

Joe
ip icon Logged

waltonding

message icon
« Reply #501 on: April 01, 2011, 06:05:16 PM »

Thank you!!!!! ;D ;D
ip icon Logged

vixbabe2001

message icon
« Reply #502 on: April 03, 2011, 02:05:31 AM »

Just scanning ebooks for new 'color' reader i bought. Thanks! Excited about the comics to add
ip icon Logged

narfstar

• Administrator
message icon
« Reply #503 on: April 03, 2011, 02:16:50 AM »

I have found that on my Arnova my comic reader does better reading the files as individual jpgs than as cbz. So you may want to try that.
ip icon Logged

vixbabe2001

message icon
« Reply #504 on: April 03, 2011, 02:17:01 AM »

Error: Sorry but you are not allowed to download this file as you have exceeded the number of files you are allowed to download during this period. Please check your user control panel for more information on the limits currently available to you.. If you believe this to be in error, please quote the above error and report this to the admin

funny, i haven't downloaded anything yet.
ip icon Logged

boox909

• VIP
message icon
« Reply #505 on: April 03, 2011, 03:33:41 AM »

Error: Sorry but you are not allowed to download this file as you have exceeded the number of files you are allowed to download during this period. Please check your user control panel for more information on the limits currently available to you.. If you believe this to be in error, please quote the above error and report this to the admin

funny, i haven't downloaded anything yet.

Not to nag you, but you really do have to read the "HERE'S WHAT YOU HAVE TO DO TO START DOWNLOADING!" area...its good for you.

Setting you up to download...and please download one file at a time.

B.
ip icon Logged

alfje

• VIP
message icon
« Reply #506 on: April 03, 2011, 08:23:13 AM »

Found the Golden Age Comics while browsing Blogs about Comics.
Just started clicking on links and ended up here, but I don't remember what I clicked. ;D
ip icon Logged

narfstar

• Administrator
message icon
« Reply #507 on: April 03, 2011, 11:40:53 AM »

Just so you bookmark us so you can find us again
ip icon Logged

alfje

• VIP
message icon
« Reply #508 on: April 09, 2011, 01:37:11 PM »

Just so you bookmark us so you can find us again

I did after I registered. ;D
I also copied the url and all other info (password etc) needed into a text page and put that on an External Hard drive so I can find it again......... I didn't want to take the risk of a computer crash without being prepared.  ;)
ip icon Logged

wildthing423

• VIP
message icon
« Reply #509 on: April 09, 2011, 02:08:38 PM »

Basically, I knew of this site for a while but never searched it out.  I am an avid supporter of the use of PD material and I have written or weighed in on amicus briefs against the mpaa riaa and others.  I have a dual degree MFA/JD and as an artist I find the availability  of these comics  of high value what with the different script writers , inking and coloring etc. quite unique...I love this place.

Mark Bellamy JD
ip icon Logged

ckwan99

• VIP
message icon
« Reply #510 on: April 29, 2011, 06:32:27 AM »

Found you thru a link from marvelmasterworks.com
ip icon Logged

neutronbomb

message icon
« Reply #511 on: April 29, 2011, 03:42:34 PM »

I think I found the forum while searching for public domain kung fu movies on google.
I had no idea there was an entire page dedicated to GA public domain books! 
How exciting ;D
ip icon Logged
Comic Book Plus In-House Image

boox909

• VIP
message icon
« Reply #512 on: April 29, 2011, 04:21:24 PM »

I think I found the forum while searching for public domain kung fu movies on google.
I had no idea there was an entire page dedicated to GA public domain books! 
How exciting ;D

When I heard about this site I instantly transported into Nirvana.  ;D  Enjoy your downloads!

B.
ip icon Logged

bubwitmaingay

message icon
« Reply #513 on: May 15, 2011, 05:29:35 PM »

Hi... I was browsing the net for a Palm OS .cbr or .cbz reader. I found one through torrent and this guy wrote the address of the site. I am fond of old stuffs such as pictures, music, furniture, books, and of course comics. I teach history too, that why. Thanks, this site is a very good one.
ip icon Logged

narfstar

• Administrator
message icon
« Reply #514 on: May 15, 2011, 10:09:11 PM »

I am a math teacher and welcome a fellow educator
ip icon Logged

DeviantJester

• Past Member
  • avatar for old site member: DeviantJester
message icon
« Reply #515 on: July 04, 2011, 11:59:58 PM »

Purely accidentally & very luckily, I might add, during some internet research. I'm big into Americana nostolgia so this was a real treat. I've already found old comic books I used to have as a kid that started me on my path of reading & loving literature & books. My name is Deviant Jester & I am quite happy to be here. My real first name is simply KES.
ip icon Logged

boox909

• VIP
message icon
« Reply #516 on: July 05, 2011, 12:30:12 AM »

Purely accidentally & very luckily, I might add, during some internet research. I'm big into Americana nostolgia so this was a real treat. I've already found old comic books I used to have as a kid that started me on my path of reading & loving literature & books. My name is Deviant Jester & I am quite happy to be here. My real first name is simply KES.

Welcome aboard!

Enjoy your downloads!

B.
ip icon Logged

narfstar

• Administrator
message icon
« Reply #517 on: July 05, 2011, 03:53:02 AM »

Welcome Kes enjoy
ip icon Logged

alfhild

• Past Member
  • avatar for old site member: alfhild
message icon
« Reply #518 on: July 06, 2011, 01:36:32 AM »

Just wondering how everyone came to find Golden Age Comic download website or support forum?

Tell us how you found us, give us your story...

Thanks, Serv

well, first I'm OLD 72--2nd, I've been looking for a cpt mrvl story--he goes into the future, lands on a street with futuristic cars parked on the curb--the comic was ~ 1950--I have wondered for years how well the artist did--basically thats how I got here--yes, I had many of the great gldn age comics--mad 1 and 2 lots of ec comics--all gone
ip icon Logged

boox909

• VIP
message icon
« Reply #519 on: July 06, 2011, 01:42:46 AM »

Just wondering how everyone came to find Golden Age Comic download website or support forum?

Tell us how you found us, give us your story...

Thanks, Serv

well, first I'm OLD 72--2nd, I've been looking for a cpt mrvl story--he goes into the future, lands on a street with futuristic cars parked on the curb--the comic was ~ 1950--I have wondered for years how well the artist did--basically thats how I got here--yes, I had many of the great gldn age comics--mad 1 and 2 lots of ec comics--all gone

Welcome to the site! I have you set up for downloading. Let us know if you need help navigating.

B.
ip icon Logged

jayfromqns

message icon
« Reply #520 on: July 19, 2011, 02:07:36 AM »

I found this site searching for Captain Science comic scans. Great site, I can spend hours on here.
ip icon Logged

narfstar

• Administrator
message icon
« Reply #521 on: July 19, 2011, 10:36:48 AM »

Be our guest Jay and join in any converstations
ip icon Logged

RyeOwl

• Past Member
  • avatar for old site member: RyeOwl
message icon
« Reply #522 on: July 30, 2011, 06:09:16 PM »

I have actually been following your rss feed in my google reader for a year or so. A friend had originally linked to your site so I had followed the link.
ip icon Logged

narfstar

• Administrator
message icon
« Reply #523 on: July 31, 2011, 01:59:45 PM »

Welcome Owl enjoy
ip icon Logged

philfrommancs

message icon
« Reply #524 on: September 07, 2011, 08:46:17 PM »

I was amazed to be able to read some old comics on my android phone and decided to try and find some more by trawling the net...  I found the Digital Comic Museum 1st and downloaded a few titles. I was then searching around and fell over this magnificent site. Even though most of the titles are older than myself, I was an avid collector in the 70's & early 80's and recognize many of the titles posted in here.
Great memories and a huge nostalgia ride...

Many thanks Guy's & Gal's...
ip icon Logged
Pages: 1 ... 19 20 [21] 22 23 ... 44

Comic Book Plus In-House Image
Mission: Our mission is to present free of charge, and to the widest audience, popular cultural works of the past. These are offered as a contribution to education and lifelong learning. They reflect the attitudes, perspectives, and beliefs of different times. We do not endorse these views, which may contain content offensive to modern users.

Disclaimer: We aim to house only Public Domain content. If you suspect that any of our material may be infringing copyright, please use our contact page to let us know. So we can investigate further. Utilizing our downloadable content, is strictly at your own risk. In no event will we be liable for any loss or damage including without limitation, indirect or consequential loss or damage, or any loss or damage whatsoever arising from loss of data or profits arising out of, or in connection with, the use of this website.