in house dollar bill thumbnail
In-House Image
 Total: 42,816 books
 New: 194 books

small login logo

Please enter your details to login and enjoy all the fun of the fair!

Not a member? Join us here. Everything is FREE and ALWAYS will be.

Forgotten your login details? No problem, you can get your password back here.

How did you find us?

Pages: 1 ... 26 27 [28] 29 30 ... 44

topic icon Author Topic: How did you find us?  (Read 256412 times)

Fortitudine

• Past Member
  • avatar for old site member: Fortitudine
message icon
Re: How did you find us?
« Reply #675 on: December 15, 2013, 05:42:36 PM »

Just wondering how everyone came to find Golden Age Comic download website or support forum?

Tell us how you found us, give us your story...

Thanks, Serj

Through a nostalgia/writing board and darn it!  now I can't remember which one.  I'm glad I came, I'm looking forward to reading all the early 20th century magazines for girls.
ip icon Logged

narfstar

• Administrator
message icon
« Reply #676 on: December 16, 2013, 12:36:24 AM »

Welcome lots of good stuff for you in the UK section as well as some comics you might like from Parents Magazine

ip icon Logged

senlac

message icon
« Reply #677 on: December 18, 2013, 08:43:29 AM »

I was looking for "Tit-Bits Science Fiction Library" - the entry on Google mentioned  '...comics', so I came on in. No chance of the SF Library, I suppose? They were not comics, just cheap (9d) pb's with gaudy covers - fun reading back in the 50's.. :)

ip icon Logged

paw broon

• Administrator
message icon
« Reply #678 on: December 18, 2013, 09:13:23 AM »

Hello senlac. Glad you found your way here.  Those s.f. ninepennies are seriously difficult to find.  I don't have any of them. Some of the other British members might have them, or scans of them, tucked away somewhere, but I think it is unlikely.  Up toa few years ago there was a shop in Glasgow with a pile of old paperbacks and Tit Bit style "novels" but no longer.  I wouldn't hold my breath if I were you. :-\
However, there are lots of interesting and highly entertaining British, French Canadian and American "pulps" to explore.  Enjoy yourself.
ip icon Logged

jimmm kelly

• VIP
message icon
« Reply #679 on: December 18, 2013, 03:51:35 PM »

However, there are lots of interesting and highly entertaining British, French Canadian and American "pulps" to explore.  Enjoy yourself.

French Canadian pulps? On CB+? Where? Which ones?
ip icon Logged

paw broon

• Administrator
message icon
« Reply #680 on: December 18, 2013, 04:42:21 PM »

Piles of them - well quite a few, anyway, here:-
https://comicbookplus.com/?cid=1733
ip icon Logged

jimmm kelly

• VIP
message icon
« Reply #681 on: December 18, 2013, 05:57:38 PM »

Piles of them - well quite a few, anyway, here:-
https://comicbookplus.com/?cid=1733

Oh thanks. I went looking for some on here before and never found them. I guess the flag of FRANCE threw me off the trail.
ip icon Logged

adoshna

• Past Member
  • avatar for old site member: adoshna
message icon
« Reply #682 on: December 18, 2013, 07:48:05 PM »

Hello everyone,

I have been doing volunteer research for Joe Sinnott and his son Mark in trying to locate Joe's Charlton work in order to complete his collection.  While searching I happened to come upon the CBP site and was very impressed, as were Joe and Mark.  Will be posting more stuff including the extended version of the  interview I did with Joe for Filmfax Magazine a few years back plus, hopefully, a new version of the splash page from "The Day Manhattan Died"(Gorgo # 5) and other graphics.
ip icon Logged

narfstar

• Administrator
message icon
« Reply #683 on: December 19, 2013, 12:51:17 AM »

Welcome to the site Glad we can be of help. We are volunteers that put a lot of our time and money and happy when it pays off. BTW does Joe do commissions?
ip icon Logged

giggle-ite

message icon
« Reply #684 on: December 25, 2013, 09:41:56 PM »

Hi! Am a newbie here. Cool site. I have my own comic strip called 'Walnutz', which can be seen at www.giggletoonz.com. Would appreciate any encouragement! Thanks.

the giggle-ite.
ip icon Logged

narfstar

• Administrator
message icon
« Reply #685 on: December 26, 2013, 01:59:17 AM »

Welcome Giggle enjoy the many comics.
ip icon Logged

paw broon

• Administrator
message icon
« Reply #686 on: December 26, 2013, 04:48:40 PM »

the giggle-ite. ?  I like that.  Welcome to CB+.
ip icon Logged
Comic Book Plus In-House Image

giggle-ite

message icon
« Reply #687 on: December 26, 2013, 11:27:37 PM »

Thank you.   :)  Love this site. I am a lover of 'pen technique', and old comics and comic strips are the best way to enjoy it. I use an old quill type pen of my Grandmothers', an old PesterBrook&Co. inflexible 322, for most of my ink work. Lettering is another story. Don't care for lettering but one does need to do it. My current strips on my website (www.giggletoonz.com) are a different pen, an old Scripto fountain pen of my Maamaws that I inherited. It just doesn't produce what I now desire, in technique.
ip icon Logged

spikey

message icon
« Reply #688 on: December 26, 2013, 11:46:00 PM »

Hello! I came across a link to this site on another site (I think it was called Weird Universe) and I'm glad I did, there's  a lot of wonderful stuff here.
ip icon Logged

crashryan

• VIP & JVJ Project Member
message icon
« Reply #689 on: December 27, 2013, 12:09:37 AM »

To Giggle-ite, re lettering: Back in the day I lettered some strips with a Scripto fountain pen and was happy with the results, BUT I never found a truly waterproof ink and my sweaty hand smeared the lettering while I inked. My preferred tool is an ancient Esterbrook Probate Stub dip nib. Back when I first started drawing comics I sought out this nib because in an interview my hero Milton Caniff said he (or rather, Frank Engli) used it to letter "Terry and the Pirates." I only found a couple of them so I've guarded them carefully over the years. Luckily they last forever. Unluckily my lettering hand ain't as steady as it used to be.
ip icon Logged

giggle-ite

message icon
« Reply #690 on: December 27, 2013, 12:44:35 AM »

I used a B6 pen nib for my lettering back in 1986 maybe 1985. It does the job pretty good.
  Pen and ink are just cool, when you get used to it. At first I got weirded out over the 'scratch' of the pen on paper, but it soon went away after learning the amount of pressure needed to do the job, combined with the proper paper/board. I like coldpress, it produces much better results when inking my cartoons.
  My PesterBrook nib for the art, with a B6 for lettering work comic strips well.
ip icon Logged

giggle-ite

message icon
« Reply #691 on: December 27, 2013, 01:44:54 AM »

I came across this site in another site called Pearltrees.com. Glad I did, would not have found it otherwise.
ip icon Logged

narfstar

• Administrator
message icon
« Reply #692 on: December 27, 2013, 06:08:55 AM »

I do not know anything about Pearltrees but glad they pointed you our way.
ip icon Logged

rofite

message icon
« Reply #693 on: January 06, 2014, 03:40:11 PM »

Google search while looking for detective story magazine.
ip icon Logged

Quian

message icon
« Reply #694 on: January 10, 2014, 05:24:11 AM »

Via search. Have actually been here before. But had a system crash and lost my fave-links. Had never joined, before.
Did most of my "obtaining" via P2P (eMule and such) before. But those site are mostly unavailable in the US now. So... here I is!
ip icon Logged

ajsimmo

message icon
« Reply #695 on: January 20, 2014, 09:05:20 PM »

Hi good people.
Found this site via Google while looking for Hornet & Wizard Comics.

I'm slowly building a collection of any comic or comic Annual that has a "William Wilson" story in it. My web site is not quite as enormous as yours as its dedicated to the Worlds Greatest Athlete; William Wilson. CB+ is an amazing site, well done to you guys.

Take a look at www.theamazingwilson.com (no ads).
ip icon Logged

narfstar

• Administrator
message icon
« Reply #696 on: January 21, 2014, 04:18:58 AM »

Thank you and we welcome you to the site aj
ip icon Logged

paw broon

• Administrator
message icon
« Reply #697 on: January 21, 2014, 03:09:11 PM »

Hello ajsimmo and welcome to CB+.  I've had a look and bookmarked the site, so I'm expecting updates   ;)
Although I'm familiar with Wilson, the link might entice other members to have a look and, hopefully, become fans.
Meanwhile enjoy the comics and let's hear from you on the forum.
ip icon Logged

ajsimmo

message icon
« Reply #698 on: January 22, 2014, 07:54:41 PM »

Cheers guys,
I hope there are a few fans out there.

Updates when I get new material.

See you in the forums.

AJ
ip icon Logged

klen7

• Past Member
  • avatar for old site member: klen7
message icon
« Reply #699 on: January 24, 2014, 03:49:47 AM »

I'm a big fan of giant monsters, so a friend pointed me to the site after a discussion about Reptisaurus. So once i get through the Charlton comics I already know about (Konga, Gorgo, Reptilicus/Reptisaurus) I will start trying to find other giant monster stories.
ip icon Logged
Pages: 1 ... 26 27 [28] 29 30 ... 44

Comic Book Plus In-House Image
Mission: Our mission is to present free of charge, and to the widest audience, popular cultural works of the past. These are offered as a contribution to education and lifelong learning. They reflect the attitudes, perspectives, and beliefs of different times. We do not endorse these views, which may contain content offensive to modern users.

Disclaimer: We aim to house only Public Domain content. If you suspect that any of our material may be infringing copyright, please use our contact page to let us know. So we can investigate further. Utilizing our downloadable content, is strictly at your own risk. In no event will we be liable for any loss or damage including without limitation, indirect or consequential loss or damage, or any loss or damage whatsoever arising from loss of data or profits arising out of, or in connection with, the use of this website.