in house dollar bill thumbnail
In-House Image
 Total: 42,817 books
 New: 193 books

small login logo

Please enter your details to login and enjoy all the fun of the fair!

Not a member? Join us here. Everything is FREE and ALWAYS will be.

Forgotten your login details? No problem, you can get your password back here.

Watcha Watchin'?

Pages: 1 ... 23 24 [25] 26 27 ... 137

topic icon Author Topic: Watcha Watchin'?  (Read 715912 times)

profh0011

• Global Moderator
message icon
Re: Watcha Watchin'?
« Reply #600 on: June 02, 2011, 08:41:00 PM »

If I'm not mistaken, Chris Hayward, one of the main writers for seasons 4-5, one of the story editors of season 4 and PRODUCER for season 5, was also one of the regular writers for ROCKY & BULLWINKLE!  (Which may explain some things about the change in writing style.)

I'd also highly reccomend GET SMART AGAIN, the 2nd (of 3) sequels.  Although Don Adams said he didn't like it, I rank it among the all-time best "reunion" films I've ever seen.  Nearly every main character from the show makes an appearance, and most of it strikes me as a loving tribute to the show. I especially enjoyed the way Max & 99 were shown, 20 years later, to be still married and still very much in love --a total contrast to MOST tv series of the late 80's (and a total contradiction of the earlier revival movie, which I tend to write off as "never happened"!).

The later revival series had a lot of potential, but was almost completely derailed from the word go by the casting of Andy Dick (AAAUGH!!). When I watched the episodes again a few years ago, I was surprised they weren't nearly as bad as I remember them being (left-handed compliment, huh?). I liked the lead girl a lot (very sexy, if a bit too cocky & confident). My favorite episode remains the one with Siegfried & his daughter. Best line in the entire short run:

"My whole life, my father lied to me.  He told me he was a doctor on a cruise ship!"
« Last Edit: June 02, 2011, 08:53:58 PM by profh0011 »
ip icon Logged

profh0011

• Global Moderator
message icon
« Reply #601 on: June 02, 2011, 08:42:14 PM »

SECRET AGENT:  "YESTERDAY'S ENEMIES"

"Why Did You Do It?"   ********

*** This review may contain spoilers ***

State secrets are being passed on in Beirut, and Drake is sent to nail the one who's doing it. He finds the "local office" terribly under-staffed but plows ahead anyway, getting some help (but very little) from the native locals. Thru a very complex, twisted series of investigations, he finds the man under suspicion is really innocent, all along believing he's been doing official favors for his own government. The real culprit turns out to be an EX-British agent, kicked out 20 years earlier for being "unreliable", who, incredibly, set up his own privately-run spy ring, as a way of proving his worth to the people who tossed him out years before.

A very intense story filled with fascinating characters, surprises, suspense, and possibly the most shocking, downbeat ending in the entire run of the series. I don't know why "PRISONER" fans never seem to mention this episode, anyone who watches this might suspect that the events in this story may have led to "Number Six" turning in his resignation in anger and disgust. (The duplicity and deviousness of Drake's boss and the man's general attitude at the end of the story is all too real and believable. My last employer was a lot like that.)

Among the familiar faces in the cast are Aubrey Morris, who I've seen in many things (and used to often confuse with Freddie Jones); Peter Copley (also many things, but in particular, the Tom Baker-Lis Sladen DOCTOR WHO story "PYRAMIDS OF MARS"); a very lively Joan Hickson (who will probably be forever known as MISS MARPLE); and top of the list, Howard Marion-Crawford (in between his runs as Dr. Watson in the Ronald Howard SHERLOCK HOLMES series and Dr. Petrie in the Chris Lee FU MANCHU films). Also worth noting is Maureen Connell, who plays Drake's contact in Beirut, a very likable and attractive lady, who looks to have dropped out of the acting biz right after doing this story.

Marion-Crawford plays a somewhat shady character, but in the long run he manages to be so likable despite himself. It's almost a shock to see Drake be so much more hard-nosed and almost cold-blooded for a change by comparison. Drake's hard-lined attitude is then contrasted by the story's conclusion, when he realizes the people he's so absolutely loyal to may not be worthy of that loyalty. Not to be missed!
ip icon Logged

profh0011

• Global Moderator
message icon
« Reply #602 on: June 04, 2011, 04:45:39 AM »

Strange but true: today's SAINT episode ("The Charitable Countess") inspired me to dig out tonight's movie-- NIGHTHAWKS (1981).  Why?  Nigel Davenport is in both of them!  (I'm staring at his face thru the whole Roger Moore story, wondering where the HECK do I know that face from??  Then I saw his name, and immediately remembered.)

Also strange but true:  for many years I connected in my head NIGHTHAWKS with THE FRENCH CONNECTION.  Similar style, both involve foreign baddies in NYC, tough cops, lots of scene-changes, and chases involving trains.  Then recently, I read that NIGHTHAWKS actually started life as "French Connection III"-- but Gene Hackman turned it down.  Whatta ya know?  I was right!

I actually went to see this film in a theatre purely on the basis that Keith Emerson wrote the score.  No kidding!  Didn't have any idea what it was about until the film started.
ip icon Logged

profh0011

• Global Moderator
message icon
« Reply #603 on: June 05, 2011, 04:06:40 AM »

This week:

VOYAGE INTO SPACE   (5 eps. of Johnny Sokko and his Flying Robot)
THE BLUES BROTHERS
NIGHTHAWKS
THE SAINT TAKES OVER
WISH UPON A STAR
ip icon Logged

narfstar

• Administrator
message icon
« Reply #604 on: June 05, 2011, 09:16:12 PM »

Veronica Mars was a great show. It is on Netflix. I only watched the last season after it had been recommended so much by others. I have just finished the first and started the second season. I think it was not successful because it did not appeal to the target audience of 17-25. I did however capture the over 40 crowd
ip icon Logged

profh0011

• Global Moderator
message icon
« Reply #605 on: June 06, 2011, 03:13:00 AM »

Today:

KING KONG  (I woke up too early, then wound up missing HALF the movie while stretched out in front of it.  Maybe I should rewind and watch again tomorrow?)

THE AVENGERS:  "The Removal Men"  (Venus Smith's 2nd story, of 6.)

...and...

THE DEVIL'S DISCIPLE

Guy Hamilton directs a historical comedy based on a George Bernard Shaw play.  Stars Burt Lancaster, Kirk Douglas, and, stealing every scene he's in, Laurence Olivier.  In supporting roles as a couple of real A**H***s, Harry Andrews and Alan Cuthbertson!

"Forgive me, sir, we're only doing this..."
"Because you're PAID to."
"I'm sorry you take that view, sir.  If you knew what my commission cost me, and what my pay is, you'd think better of me."
ip icon Logged

josemas

• VIP & JVJ Project Member
message icon
« Reply #606 on: June 06, 2011, 02:02:25 PM »

Memorial Day weekend-4 military movies-

To the Shores of Tripoli-1942-  Smart ass John Payne is trained by DI Randolph Scott with subplot of Payne trying to romance GI nurse Maureen O'Hara.  He comes in line just in time to join the fighting after the Pearl Harbor bombing.  Beautifully filmed in technicolor and shot at the Marine training base at San Diego.

Bataan-1942-  Small group of GIs hold the Japanese at bay until the bitter end.  Surprising effective (and gritty too) considering the vast majority of the movie was shot on studio interior sets subbing for the Bataan jungles.  Good cast includes Robert Taylor, Lloyd Nolan, Desi Arnez and George Montgmery.

Back to Bataan-1945-  John Wayne and Anthony Quinn help lead Philippino guerrillas against the Japanese in harassing battles until the day when the Americans can return in force to retake it from them.  Worthy followup to the first film with less reliance on studio sets.

The Hurt Locker-2008-  Excellent movie about a small group of GIS who have the job of taking care of the many explosive devises being used by the enemy over in the Iraq War.  Nice use of middle east location shooting adds an authenticity to the film.  DVD has commentary track by the film's author and writer that gives good background info on the film

Seeing Marvels-

Thor-2011-  I got out to the theaters again and really enjoyed this one.  Recommended.

Punisher: War Zone-2008-  Very violent (well it is the Punisher) and given an "R" rating for such.  I did feel that Ray Stevenson was the best cast Punisher of the three movie versions to date.  Not bad but I'm not really a huge Punisher fan.

On TCM-off to Europe-

J'Accuse-1919-  Not based on the Dreyfus case but a love triangle story with WWI and its horrors taking place between the personal drama.  French director Abel Gance was one of the best directors around at this time.

Kameradschaft-1931-  Fairly early German talkie about miners trapped underground and efforts to rescue them.  Handsome looking and engaging. 

And the rest-

The United States Steel Hour-"Bang the Drum Slowly"-1956-  Actually part of my continuing Paul Newman fest.  Newman is quite good as a baseball player (pitcher) who's roommate (Albert Salmi-catcher) is diagnosed with a terminal illness.  A young George Peppard is also in the cast.  Remade years later as a theatrical movie with Michael Moriarty and Robert DeNiro in the Newman/Salmi roles.  I picked this up on a collection at the Library called The Golden Age of Television.  I remember watching this series on PBS back in the 1980s.  It represented many GA television live dramas along with new intros that often featured interviews with the people involved in the original production.  The DVD collection also has commentary tracks on some of the episodes (including this one) by the directors.

The Three Stooges Collection Volume Three-1940-1942- Prime period for the stooges.  Curly is still in good health and they are still getting good mileage from their budgets.  They do their two spoofs of the European fascist dictators in this period.  It's also interesting to note the a gags lifted from previous comedies.  Onto Volume four!

Plus a couple of Tennessee Tuxedo cartoons on a recently acquired DVD Collection.  These were my first exposure to Don Adams.

Best

Joe

ip icon Logged

bowers

• Global Moderator
message icon
« Reply #607 on: June 06, 2011, 07:57:58 PM »

Excellent Memorial Day lineup! "Bataan" was always one of my favorites. It seems to be a remake of "The Lost Patrol", but can well stand on it's own merits. Gritty? Absolutely! I'm a bit surprised that some of the closeup violent death scenes made it past the censors. And read Robert Taylor's lips as he goes down fighting with his machine gun blazing. Pretty heavy stuff for 1942. Cheers, Bowers
ip icon Logged

paw broon

• Administrator
message icon
« Reply #608 on: June 07, 2011, 03:51:56 PM »

We missed the 2nd. episode of Primeval but managed to catch it on rerun and it is excellent.  Without spoiling it for anyone, I'll just say it is claustrophobic, taut, funny in places and the (supposed) bad guy wasn't even in this one. Linda loves this show but is almost behind the sofa during it. This has replaced Doctor Who as my must watch.  By the way, there is quite an interesting discussion re. Doctor Who currently on:-
http://www.comicsuk.co.uk/Forum/index.php
This week, a Campion story - Peter Davison as Campion -  with Ian Ogilvy as guest star.  Then, an episode of Gideon of the Yard with John Gregson as Gideon.  This was a good story of a bullion robbery from an airport.  George Baker was guest star.
ip icon Logged

profh0011

• Global Moderator
message icon
« Reply #609 on: June 07, 2011, 04:28:08 PM »

Ian Ogilvy is my favorite actor (since Peter Cushing passed away), and I enjoy him in almost everything I see him in (although I may never watch WITCHFINDER GENERAL again...  AAAAAUGH!)

About the only time I've ever seen him playing someone unpleasant (or at least, very unhappy) when he was in the MAIGRET tv-movie with Richard Harris.

One of my favorite bits with him was when KUNG FU: THE LEGEND CONTINUES did a sequel to the "Magnicifent Seven" story with Patrick Macnee and Robert Vaughn.  They brought both those guys back, and added Ogilvy to the mix (maybe Roger Moore wasn't available?).  When we first see him, he's kissing this woman... and when he stops, he looks at her, and asks, "What was your name again?"

:D
ip icon Logged

paw broon

• Administrator
message icon
« Reply #610 on: June 07, 2011, 05:01:02 PM »

Ogilvie is excellent in this episode.  It's a long time since I saw Witchfinder General.  Maigret is great and I've occasionally caught some of the French t.v. series when on holiday but I remember the original british series from many years ago, with Rupert Davies  and I thought itwas very good.  Ewen Solon, who was in the Doc. Who story, Moonbase, played Lucas.
ip icon Logged

bowers

• Global Moderator
message icon
« Reply #611 on: June 07, 2011, 05:57:49 PM »

I remember this "Campion" episode very well. I really enjoyed Ogilvie in this one- a very different sort of role for him. A few murders, Ogilvie as a song and dance man, exploding bicycles- what's not to like about this one? This one is my second favorite "Campion" episode- "Sweet Danger" is still my favorite. Cheers, Bowers
ip icon Logged
Comic Book Plus In-House Image

profh0011

• Global Moderator
message icon
« Reply #612 on: June 07, 2011, 09:57:06 PM »

THE SAINT:  THE MAN WHO WAS LUCKY

When "Protection" Leads To M U R D E R   ********

"Lucky Joe Luckner" runs a protection racket. When one of his intended victims refuses to pay, he decides to "make an example" of him. But when he accidentally beats the man TO DEATH, he realizes he also has to kill the man's partner, who SAW it. Complicating matters is Luckner's girlfriend-- who's really in love with his next intended victim!

Another GREAT episode adapted from a Leslie Charteris short story. Roger Moore is in top form here. As AWFUL as he was as Bond (AND HE WAS), that's how GREAT he is on this show, especially in the B&W episodes. In one scene, he overhears Luckner slapping around a woman. A henchman tries to stop him. "Where do you think you're going?" "I'm not-- YOU are!" Templar twists the guy's arm then kicks him in the rear. Stepping into Luckner's office... "Who the heck are you?" "Let me introduce myself." BACKHAND slap to the face, then RIGHT hook to the jaw, sending the guy FLYING across the room. YYYEAH! And he does it with a smile.

This also introduces Inspector Claude Eustace Teal to the TV series, here played by Campbell Singer. Singer was the first of no less than 4 DIFFERENT actors to play the part on the series, and as I recall, he was BY FAR the best! They must have had some trouble filling the slot as they went thru 3 different actors in quick succession, before finally "settling" on Ivor Dean, who appeared in MOST of the episodes. I never liked Ivor Dean's portrayal of the role, and wouldn't you know, the LEAST of the 4 actors is the one who got the steady job. (It's just like comic-books!) The only other thing I've seen him in was THE AVENGERS episode "Who's Who?", where he was one of Steed's superiors in the Ministry (and a thick-headed one at that). Apparently he also played Dr. Watson in a 1951 SHERLOCK HOLMES production-- I'd love to see that!

The villain of the piece, "Lucky Joe Luckner", is played by Eddie Byrne, who puts across a really contemptuous piece of human garbage. Half the time watching the story, I kept thinking he was a dead-ringer for Norman Osborn! I've also seen Byrne in Hammer's THE MUMMY, THE VENGEANCE OF FU MANCHU, and 3 more SAINT episodes.

The climax, where the audience is left in suspense, guessing, involves Simon pulling off an elaborate con-job in order to get a confession of the murder out of the Luckner. As he tells Teal, "I am going to hand him to you on a plate!" All Teal can say is, "If ANYTHING happens to him, I'm going to put you away FOR LIFE!" Still, at story's end, despite himself, Teal congratulates Templar for what he did.

Also in the fine cast are Harry Towb as the good-natured mild-mannered Marty O'Connor (the intended target), who I've seen in DOCTOR WHO ("Terror of the Autons"), THE AVENGERS ("Killer") and the 1954 SHERLOCK HOLMES ("The Split Ticket"). Teal's sidekick is played b John Forbes-Robertson, who I've seen in THE NEW AVENGERS ("Dirtier By The Dozen") and THE LEGEND OF THE SEVEN GOLDEN VAMPIRES (as Dracula!). "Cora", the girl loved by Marty & lusted after by Luckner, is played by Delphi Lawrence, who was the shady lady in the DANGER MAN episode "View From The Villa". The vivacious Jane (who decides to trust Simon, despite her fear that he might be "one of those talkers") is played by Vera Day, who doesn't seem to have done much film work, which is a shame. But oddly enough, I did see her in LOCK, STOCK AND TWO SMOKING BARRELS, made much, much later in 1998!

Any fan of Roger Moore NEEDS to see these early stories-- they're really him at his all-time BEST. All the same, I can't help but wondering, watching him here, how it might have been in Louis Hayward had done a SAINT TV series in the 50's, instead of THE LONE WOLF?
ip icon Logged

profh0011

• Global Moderator
message icon
« Reply #613 on: June 08, 2011, 09:14:01 PM »

THE AVENGERS:  
ip icon Logged

narfstar

• Administrator
message icon
« Reply #614 on: June 09, 2011, 12:09:37 PM »

How do you guys remember so many actors and details? It amazes me. BTW My wife and I watched the scifi mini-series THE LOST ROOM. From Netflix we anxiously awaited the second and final DVD. It had really good reviews but boy were we disappointed. The wrap up left us wondering why we bothered as very little was wrapped up. The conceptual use of "random" can be used very effectively in humor. I don't like it in scifi. It is not imaginative but just the opposite outside of humor. When things can just be manipulated at the writers whim, I have no interest in his whims, I want explainations.
ip icon Logged

profh0011

• Global Moderator
message icon
« Reply #615 on: June 09, 2011, 05:33:02 PM »

"How do you guys remember so many actors and details? It amazes me."

It amazes ME, too, sometimes.  I've just watched so much TV over the years (and have a particular liking for English TV shows & movies), stuff sticks. The IMDB, I admit, is a big help, as it helps me nail down INSTANTLY what someone appeared in.  Lots of cases of late where I've seen an actor in different things over decades, but never connected he was in this AND that.  

Like, Barry Jones, who played Claudius in "DEMETRIUS AND THE GLADIATORS"-- most intelligent, reasonable character in the whole damn story-- and it turns out, I never noticed, the 1st thing I ever saw him in was the very 1st OUTER LIMITS I ever saw as a kid, which scared the living hell out of me-- "THE BORDERLAND".  Then, just the other week, I saw him a SAINT episode playing a husband whose wife schemes to get incriminating photos so she can divorce him and take him to the cleaners... even though, SHE's the one who's actually cheating on HIM! She gets a reaction from her hubby she wasn't expecting...

"The wrap up left us wondering why we bothered as very little was wrapped up."

Now why do you suppose HALLOWEEN 6 comes to mind when you say that?  (What a MESS!!!)
« Last Edit: June 09, 2011, 05:36:28 PM by profh0011 »
ip icon Logged

profh0011

• Global Moderator
message icon
« Reply #616 on: June 10, 2011, 09:15:19 PM »

THE SAINT:  THE ROMANTIC MATRON

The Romantic "Revolutionary"

*** This review may contain spoilers ***

Two seemingly-unrelated plot threads dominate this episode set in Buenos Ares, a city said to be "recovering" from the corruption of the Per
ip icon Logged

josemas

message icon
« Reply #617 on: June 11, 2011, 02:22:05 PM »

At Movie Night this week-

The Dick Van Dyke Show-"Coast to Coast Big Mouth"-1965-DVD-   The first episode of the fifth (and final) season is one of the best as Laura (Mary Tyler Moore) drops the beans on national television about her husband Rob's (Dick Van Dyke) boss/television comedy-variety show star- Alan Brady (Carl Reiner) being bald and wearing toupees!  Hilarious!

The Son of Tarzan-Chapter 1-"The Call of the Jungle"-1920-National Film Corp-DVD-  Well we stated our new serial this week.  This is one I had been wanting to see for some time too.  For many years it was thought that only a battered feature cut down of the serial had survived then a complete (if also somewhat battered) version of the serial turned up about a decade or so back.  The DVD we watched looked like it was transferred from an "okay" VHS source.  Watchable but just so. 
It has been a bit more than four decades since I read the book but from my vague memories of it they seem to be staying fairly faithful to the source so far in this first chapter.  Of course I suspect that will change as they start having to come up with cliffhangers to accommodate the serial format.

The Winning Wash-1915-Kalem-1 rl-DVD-R-   A comedy starring the popular Mutt and Jeff team of Lloyd Hamilton and Bud Duncan (generally known as Ham and Bud).  These guys made well over a hundred wacky one reelers between 1914-1917.  This one has the boys getting a job in a Chinese laundry and making a shambles of things.  A few chuckles but not up to their better efforts.  To be fair the surviving print was missing some footage so there may have been some good bits among the lost sections.  Somewhat surprisingly most of the Chinese in the film were played by Asian-American actors and not whites in "yellowface."

Neptune's Naughty Daughter-1917-Century Film-1 (of 2) rls-DVD-R-  Another incomplete early comedy (only the first half) starring Alice Howell (who's hair looks like she combed it with an egg beater) mostly consists of slapstick bits on the beach (with some nice bathing beauties cavorting about).   

Oh! Those Bells-"Too Many Spooks"-1962-Screen Gems-16mm-   A very short-lived mid season replacement show starring the Wierre Brothers (Harry, Herbert and Sylvester).  After Columbia closed down its short film division in the late fifties some of the people involved in those moved into television comedy production.  This is one of the series they came up with.  Not terribly funny- this episode has the boys moving into a reputed "haunted house" after their landlady gives them the heave-ho. 

A Wrestler's Bride-1933-Sennett-Paramount-2 rls-16mm-   Toward the end of his career long time comedy producer Mack Sennett had more misses than hits.  This is one of those misses (starring Eddie Gribbon, Joyce Compton, Arthur Stone).

His Pest Friend-1938-RKO-2 rls-16mm-  A pretty funny Leon Errol comedy with Errol suspecting his wife of infidelity when she is actually being secretive in order to arrange a surprise for their wedding anniversary.

Wife to Spare-1947-Columbia-2 rls-16mm-  Fairly funny Andy Clyde comedy has Andy trying to straighten out his ner-do-well brother-in-law's indiscretions only to find himself the victim of the blackmailers.

Wedded Bliss-1944-Columbia-2 rls-16mm-   Funny remake of Charley Chase's Man Bites Lovebug (1937) starring rotund Billy Gilbert in the Chase role.  His best friend (Vernon Dent) coerces Billy into coming onto his wife (Christine McIntyre) so that Vernon can feign jealousy and somehow impress his wife.  She overhears their plans and decides to go overboard when Billy starts romancing.  Meanwhile menacing manservant (Frank Lackteen) doesn't know it's all an act and starts throwing knives, etc..- all making for a good number of comedic moments.

Best

Joe
ip icon Logged

narfstar

• Administrator
message icon
« Reply #618 on: June 12, 2011, 03:15:25 AM »

Just watched the latest episode of Doctor Who. A unique and cool episode with a slightly different look at the Doctor. I need to rewatch the last several years episodes to refresh my memory on characters, etc. I did figure out the big reveal shortly before the Doctor did.
« Last Edit: June 12, 2011, 03:31:50 AM by narfstar »
ip icon Logged

Menticide

message icon
« Reply #619 on: June 12, 2011, 03:50:42 PM »

Just watched the latest episode of Doctor Who. A unique and cool episode with a slightly different look at the Doctor. I need to rewatch the last several years episodes to refresh my memory on characters, etc. I did figure out the big reveal shortly before the Doctor did.

I figured out the big secret a couple of months ago when they showed the little girl in the alleyway regenerating. At first I was confused, then it all just came together in my mind, and I said to myself, 'I know what they're up to.'

Actually, I didn't say it to myself, I said it to my wife, and then I said it to boox.
ip icon Logged

boox909

• VIP
message icon
« Reply #620 on: June 12, 2011, 03:59:50 PM »

Yeah, Menticide nailed it. I blew up his cell phone last night after the show.  ;D ;D ;D
ip icon Logged

narfstar

• Administrator
message icon
« Reply #621 on: June 12, 2011, 06:16:47 PM »

Well you beat me to it then. SPOILER ALERT if you have not watched the latest episode do not go to the bottom of this post.

Seems strange to think of Amy as the Doctors mother-in-law doesn't it. They almost became romanticly involved. Rory the father-in-law started out as kinda a goof.
ip icon Logged

boox909

• VIP
message icon
« Reply #622 on: June 12, 2011, 08:35:08 PM »

Too true, Narf...this show is soooooo good!
ip icon Logged

narfstar

• Administrator
message icon
« Reply #623 on: June 12, 2011, 09:57:25 PM »

The Doctor giggling like a little school boy was so different. Very cool episode of a really cool series.
ip icon Logged

Menticide

message icon
« Reply #624 on: June 12, 2011, 10:33:48 PM »

I've been amazed with how much I've enjoyed the last season and the current one. Matt Smith is a thoroughly enjoyable Doctor and the writing is quite exceptional.
ip icon Logged
Pages: 1 ... 23 24 [25] 26 27 ... 137

Comic Book Plus In-House Image
Mission: Our mission is to present free of charge, and to the widest audience, popular cultural works of the past. These are offered as a contribution to education and lifelong learning. They reflect the attitudes, perspectives, and beliefs of different times. We do not endorse these views, which may contain content offensive to modern users.

Disclaimer: We aim to house only Public Domain content. If you suspect that any of our material may be infringing copyright, please use our contact page to let us know. So we can investigate further. Utilizing our downloadable content, is strictly at your own risk. In no event will we be liable for any loss or damage including without limitation, indirect or consequential loss or damage, or any loss or damage whatsoever arising from loss of data or profits arising out of, or in connection with, the use of this website.