in house dollar bill thumbnail
 Total: 42,817 books
 New: 193 books

small login logo

Please enter your details to login and enjoy all the fun of the fair!

Not a member? Join us here. Everything is FREE and ALWAYS will be.

Forgotten your login details? No problem, you can get your password back here.

Watcha Watchin'?

Pages: 1 ... 38 39 [40] 41 42 ... 137

topic icon Author Topic: Watcha Watchin'?  (Read 715836 times)

paw broon

• Administrator
message icon
Re: Watcha Watchin'?
« Reply #975 on: January 20, 2012, 09:59:39 AM »

Here we go again.
I noted a while ago that Catwoman, seemed to be regularly losing her kit in the new 52 and I did wonder how it would play with certain elements in N. American society.  Mind you the comparison to Betty and Veronica is molto strano, given the sex symbols they were to many young blokes.
Seems odd also that kids can easily get their hands on extremely violent computer games and yet Fox is having a go at DC.   
ip icon Logged

profh0011

• Global Moderator
message icon
« Reply #976 on: January 20, 2012, 06:11:58 PM »

It's always easier to tackle "the little guys".

What cracked me up right at the end of CONFIDENTIAL FILE (the 1950's show), was it was directed by Irvin Kirshner, who decades later, directed THE EMPIRE STRIKES BACK.
ip icon Logged

JVJ

• VIP & JVJ Project Member
message icon
« Reply #977 on: January 20, 2012, 10:46:19 PM »

Hey, it's my first post to this thread: I just watched A Day At The Races. Marx Bros. 1937. Timeless. Killin' time after a rough day.

(|:{>
ip icon Logged

narfstar

• Administrator
message icon
« Reply #978 on: January 21, 2012, 05:00:58 AM »

Been a long time since I watched a Marx Brothers
ip icon Logged

josemas

message icon
« Reply #979 on: January 21, 2012, 12:51:32 PM »

Love the Marx Bros- recently snagged a DVD double feature of their films The Big Store/Go West which I'm looking forward to revisiting.

I really got into comedians of that era (Marxes, W. C. Fields, Mae West, etc...) when I was a teen but I really wonder if teens today even know who they are.

Best

Joe
ip icon Logged

profh0011

• Global Moderator
message icon
« Reply #980 on: January 21, 2012, 03:56:15 PM »

Incredibly, my first exposure to The Marx Brothers was on a BIG screen!  Back in the 70's, there was a tiny theatre in this area that specialized in running old movies.  They sometimes had horror or science-fiction for weekend matinees.  That's where I got to see KING KONG ESCAPES for the first time, and THE BRIDES OF DRACULA for the 2nd time (after already having seen it on TV). 

One weekend, the weekend matinee movie had not arrived on time... and the manager ran the regular week-night film instead-- which happened to be A DAY AT THE RACES.  I didn't know what to make of it.

Many years later, I saw it again on TCM, and on reading up on it, found it was not considered one of their best-- but the most bizarre part of the film was the extended "musical" section with the mostly-black cast, which seemed to have walked in from some other movie!

I've seen several of their other films (THE COCOANUTS, ANIMAL CRACKERS, DUCK SOUP, and a couple others), and have liked most of them more than RACES.
ip icon Logged

paw broon

• Administrator
message icon
« Reply #981 on: January 21, 2012, 04:16:29 PM »

It's been a long time since I watched a Marx Bros. film - my wife isn't keen on them.  Mind, she can't stand Abbott and Costello and I fall off the couch laughing at them.  What tickles her funny bone are Will Hay and Arthur Askey films and I've brought her round to some modern t.v. shows, e.g. Big Bang Theory; I.T. Crowd; Not Going Out and she loves Black Books, sadly finished now but repeated regularly. The last 3 are British shows.
B.B.T. has some resonances of I.T. Crowd.
ip icon Logged

josemas

message icon
« Reply #982 on: January 21, 2012, 04:21:30 PM »

We had a theater just down the street from the house where my folks moved us to in the mid 1960s called the Sombrero Playhouse.  It had opened sometime in the 1950s as a live performance theater and among the actors who played there was Groucho Marx! 
The Sombrero had closed up by the time we moved into neighborhood and remained so until the mid 1970s when it reopened as a repertory theatre showing second run and even older movies.  It also became one of the first theaters in the country to do the Rocky Horror midnight shows.
I saw many movies there including animation festivals of Betty Boop and Superman, a number of classic silent comedies (Chaplin and Keaton) and all kind of themed double-bills including some of the Marx Bros films!
When I returned to Arizona from New Jersey in the mid 1980s the Sombrero was gone replaced by a generic looking office complex.  Video was even then slowly killing off rep theatres but more importantly the land had just become too valuable. Almost all of the valley drive-ins had also closed while I was gone for the same reason. 

Sigh

Joe
ip icon Logged

profh0011

• Global Moderator
message icon
« Reply #983 on: January 22, 2012, 03:44:37 AM »

BATMAN
BATMAN RETURNS
BATMAN FOREVER
BATMAN AND ROBIN

BROADWAY DANNY ROSE
 ("Vendetta!!!")   :D
ip icon Logged

josemas

message icon
« Reply #984 on: January 23, 2012, 02:32:05 PM »

BATMAN
BATMAN RETURNS
BATMAN FOREVER
BATMAN AND ROBIN

Those first two Batman movies were good but then they just kept throwing in more and more villains and heroes and that final one was just a mess!

Best

Joe
ip icon Logged

profh0011

• Global Moderator
message icon
« Reply #985 on: January 23, 2012, 04:56:52 PM »

THE UNTOUCHABLES (with Tom Amandes).  Haven't seen this since it was first-run.  AMAZINGLY well-done series, totally blows that lousy (YES IT IS) Brian De Palma movie out of the water.

It was a toss-up between watching this or my collection of the Robert Stack series first, and I decided to go with the remake first, since it's been longer since I've seen it.
ip icon Logged

profh0011

• Global Moderator
message icon
« Reply #986 on: January 23, 2012, 05:07:39 PM »

Josemas wrote:
"Those first two Batman movies were good but then they just kept throwing in more and more villains and heroes and that final one was just a mess!"

Despite its flaws (yes, it has them), I continue to find the 1989 film IMMENSELY watchable and enjoyable.

The 2nd film, however, almost made me feel ill... it is BAD... REALLY, REALLY bad on so many levels and in so many ways it would take all day to really describe in detail what bothers me about it. But "The Penguin" (NOT!!!) never, ever should have been in that film at all, especially not the way he was conceived and portrayed (which had absolutely nothing to do with any Bat-comics, ever).  Also, as much as Christopher Walken can be fascinating to watch, every single line of dialogue he had made me want to smash his face in. One of the single most annoying, conceited (and in some scenes, even STUPID) villains ever created.

That said, as horrifically, mind-numbingly bad as her character was envisioned (again, totally throwing away decades of comics in favor of something completely new and different apparently dreamed up over a drunken weekend), the ONLY scenes in the film that really stand out as good are the ones involving Michelle Feiffer (but ONLY after her "rebirth"), Michael Keaton (once again, THE best actor in the film), and Michael Gough.

I was amazed to find out that at one point, Keaton & Feiffer were dating (though I don't know if they still were by the time this movie was made). My single favorite scene is when the two first meet. It's been so AWFUL, every single element of every scene, awful to the point of unwatchable, and suddenly, this BRILLIANTLY-played scene intrudes, as if it stepped in from some other movie.

"Bruce Wayne, Selina Kyle."
"Oh, yeah, we've met."
"Umm-- no, we haven't."
"Ah! You now what? You're right. I mistook me for someone else."
"What?"

That's not ANY version of Bruce Wayne ever seen before 1989, but it sums up Michael Keaton's version to a "T".

Now, after all my criticisms of the 2nd film... it's a masterpiece compared to the 3rd... and the 4th.. I mean, there's not one scene anywhere in the 3rd film as inspired as the "good" ones in the 2nd movie. Not one.

About the ONLY thing I found interesting in the 4th film were a FEW of the scenes with Poison Ivy. But only a few. At least half her scenes were unbearably awful, too. She still looks good compared to Arnold.  What brain-damaged IDIOT decided to put Poison Ivy AND Mr. Freeze in the SAME story??? Not one thing about the film makes any sense at all.  NOT ONE!

And as for casting... if somebody wanted to make a film with Mr. Freeze... for God's sake, WHY didn't they just get MICHAEL ANSARA and be done with it???  ("SUB-ZERO" was advertised at the beginning of the B&R videotape. And it's at least 10 times better a movie. The ultimate irony?)
« Last Edit: January 23, 2012, 05:11:53 PM by profh0011 »
ip icon Logged
Comic Book Plus In-House Image

josemas

message icon
« Reply #987 on: January 24, 2012, 03:21:16 PM »

THE UNTOUCHABLES (with Tom Amandes).  Haven't seen this since it was first-run.  AMAZINGLY well-done series, totally blows that lousy (YES IT IS) Brian De Palma movie out of the water.

It was a toss-up between watching this or my collection of the Robert Stack series first, and I decided to go with the remake first, since it's been longer since I've seen it.

I didn't even know there had been a series remake of The Untouchables.  Must have slipped completely under my radar.

All I remember about the DePalma version was his blatant rip-off of the Odessa steps sequence from Eisenstein's Battleship Potemkin. I just remember thinking at the time what a ballsy thief he was for taking one of the most famous scenes in film history and copying it the way he did.  Probably wouldn't have bothered me if someone had done such a thing in some "B" movie but for such a big name director to do it in an "A" movie. 

About a year or so back I did watch the original 2-part pilot to the Robert Stack version which ran on Desilu Playhouse.   
Shortly after that I watched a similar series from that time called The Lawless Years (with James Gregory) which at first I thought was an attempt to cash in on the success of The Untouchables (Like Warner Bros' The Roaring Twenties) but which I subsequently learned had actually preceded The Untouchables.  It wasn't nearly as good as The Untouchables and probably only lasted as long as it did (two seasons, IIRC) because The Untouchables created an interest in the era.

Best

Joe
ip icon Logged

profh0011

• Global Moderator
message icon
« Reply #988 on: January 24, 2012, 03:48:14 PM »

Interesting. James Gregory had a prominent role as a newspaper reporter in the 1959 film, AL CAPONE, which starred Rod Steiger, one of the most authentic-looking Capones in film history (the other being Louis Giambalvo in 1981's THE GANGSTER CHRONICLES, a series Robert Stack personally criticized for its total lack of any "heroes").

I don't recall if I ever actually watched THE ROARING TWENTIES as a kid (I may have and just forgotten), but we had the soundtrack LP around here for as long as I can remember. Dorothy Provine was apparently a real hot number.

It's probably ironic (or something) that the one role I most remember James Gregory for is General Ursus in BENEATH THE PLANET OF THE APES.  ("The only GOOD human-- is a DEAD human!!") That film should either never have been made-- or, it should have been TEN TIMES better than it actually was. From what I read, it could have been... which makes it all the more tragic that it wasn't.  DAMN STUIDOS...
ip icon Logged

narfstar

• Administrator
message icon
« Reply #989 on: January 25, 2012, 01:01:54 AM »

I watched Ferris Beuler over the weekend. Still funny
ip icon Logged

profh0011

• Global Moderator
message icon
« Reply #990 on: January 27, 2012, 05:18:02 AM »

The last couple days...

JOHNNY DANGEROUSLY   (did you know your last name is an adverb?)
PLAY IT AGAIN, SAM   (one of my all-time favorites)
SILENT MOVIE   (only the 2nd time I've seen this)
ip icon Logged

paw broon

• Administrator
message icon
« Reply #991 on: January 27, 2012, 02:46:53 PM »

We've been watching series 2 of Body of Proof.  It's easy, light, not too gruesome entertainment.  Plus, falling of the couch at Big Bang Theory.
Tonight, 3rd. story in new series of Hustle, which is always a good bet.  The first 2 were good fun.  Blue Murder, a Manchester set police procedural runs at the same time on another channel, so we have to decide which one to watch live and try to catch the other on watch again.
We tried part one of Suits but have missed subsequent episodes.  Not sure if we'll try to catch up.
I'm on a G-Men theme right now and after Government Agents v. Phantom Legion, I'm now watching Flying G-Men with a masked hero, The Black Falcon.  It's a bad print but in some episodes the action just doesn't stop.
ip icon Logged

profh0011

• Global Moderator
message icon
Lex Barker's TARZAN
« Reply #992 on: January 29, 2012, 10:15:34 PM »

Recently:

TARZAN'S MAGIC FOUNTAIN
TARZAN AND THE SLAVE GIRL
TARZAN'S PERIL
TARZAN'S SAVAGE FURY
TARZAN AND THE SHE-DEVIL

What I'd like to know is, how come Lex Barker had 5 different Janes???

It was suggested by someone at the IMDB that producer Sol Lesser missed an opportunity to upgrade Lex Barker's vocabulary.  He looks intelligent and educated, but still talks "Weismuller" (well, maybe a bit better, but not much).

His 2nd film should have had ...SLAVE GIRLS in the title, since there was a whole harem of them.

TARZAN'S PERIL was Lesser's 1st attempt to really upgrade the series, as it was the first to be shot on location IN AFRICA (earlier films had used African footage shot for other films).  It was also planned to be shot IN COLOR, but somehow that didn't work out, apparently a lot of the color footage was lost or destroyed, and what remained was printed in B&W.  It's a more "authentic"-feeling film than Barker's other 4, as it's the only one with a noticeably BLACK supporting cast-- including a really beautiful Queen of the main tribe.  (All his other films have these strange "lost white tribes".)  It also feels more "adult" and intense.  George Macready, who I recognized from 2 episodes of THE OUTER LIMITS, plays one of the nastiest villains the series has seen to date!

...SAVAGE FURY introduced a new "boy" in the form of Joseph Martin (Tommy Carlton), an orphan (like Jai, much later on the TV series), who I liked quite a bit, and showed real "Boy"-like courage in a couple of scenes.  Inexplicably, he didn't return for the next one.

The highlight of ...SHE-DEVIL is Raymond Burr in full "villain" mode, and Tom Conway, looking quite a lot older than he did in his previous appearance.

I wish I had better copies of these.  All 5 of my Lex Barkers were taped off the local Philly station back in the early 80's, and were BUTCHERED. I have no idea how much I'm missing of the stories.

Next up:  "Muscle Beach Tarzan"!  (Gordon Scott)
ip icon Logged

josemas

message icon
« Reply #993 on: January 31, 2012, 02:36:54 PM »

I watched and re-watched many of those Tarzan movies on KPHO's Tarzan Theater on Saturdays when I was a kid but I don't believe I've seen of any of Barker's since then.  Awhile back I re-watched a few of the Scotts and Mahoneys when they ran in widescreen on TCM and a few Weissmullers there also but for some reason I've never yet revisited Lex (although I have seen him in a few non-Tarzan roles since then).

Best

Joe
ip icon Logged

profh0011

• Global Moderator
message icon
The Untouchables (1990's)
« Reply #994 on: February 02, 2012, 06:28:05 AM »

I just posted the following at the IMDB... I figured I'd share it here as well.

The list here has 42 episodes. That tallies with my own information. I taped the entire series when it was first-run, and there were 42 episodes, ending with the 2-parter where Al Capone got convicted for income tax evasion.

That last episaode was like a "Twilight of the Gods" thing-- unlike the Robert Stack or (shudder) Kevin Costner versions, in this one, after so many episodes, they went ALL-OUT to have one collosal epic violent "blast". Even so, the final scenes seemed a big let-down to me, it somehow didn't "feel" like it was "the end".

Now I look at the IMDB, and they have 44 episodes listed-- 2 of them AFTER the "last" one. WTF??? There's no information for most of the episodes of this show listed here at the IMDB, and these last 2 don't even have air dates. Again-- WTF???

Is somebody B***S***ing here, or were there 2 "final" episodes-- which NEVER got run??? It's a sad thing when Hollywood keeps screwing up the ENDINGS of too many shows. Half the time, it seems, you don't even know when a show's finale airs. Instead of going out on a high note, they somehow just fade away...

My own personal disappointment with the way the 42nd episode ended was, NO mention of Ness' wife. I mean-- is that it? After intending it to be just a separation, out of nowhere she sends him divorce papers, and you never hear about her again. He just left it like that? Didn't he even TRY to change her mind? What kind of a hero is that? (I wouldn't have ended this series like that.)

Then again, if there are 2 "final" episodes I've NEVER SEEN... I wonder what's in them?
ip icon Logged

josemas

message icon
« Reply #995 on: February 02, 2012, 09:22:10 AM »

Henry, 

I did a little crosschecking for you regarding this 1990s version of The Untouchables.  Epguides has 42 episodes listed for the series which matches what you had originally.  I then looked at those odd two episodes at IMDB and here is what I figured out.

Both episodes (Halstead Hollar and The Crusible) were dated 1993 which means they must have been either a first season episode or from the first part of season two (assuming they had the dates correct at IMDB).

Looking through the epguides first season and comparing it to IMDB's first season I see that epguides' season one episode 17 episode is Halstead Holler while IMDB's simply sez Episode #1.17 so it is pretty clear that IMDB has misspelled and counted that episode twice.
Going from there I soon found that epguide's and IMDB's third episode from season two is The Crucibles which makes it pretty clear that IMDB's other additional episode is another misspelled duplicate episode.

So the 42 episode total stands.

As to the lame ending.  Maybe they were hoping/planning for a third season to explore further the issues you raised and it just didn't happen.  Shows, unfortunately, get cancelled all the time without having plot-lines resolved.

Best

Joe

ip icon Logged

profh0011

• Global Moderator
message icon
« Reply #996 on: February 02, 2012, 08:41:40 PM »

Thanks.  2 different people figured this out for me. It's nice to know that, for once, I actually DO have EVERY SINGLE EPISODE.  I've put in much more time and effort on some shows and still come up short, due to erratic scheduling (is it any wonder I'm convinced many TV execs are hardcore drug addicts?).

One thing I remember comparing back when was how each version of "the Al Capone story" had a DIFFERENT explanation for how the Feds were able to put him away for Income Tax evasion.

In the Robert Stack version (the 2-hour DESILU PLAYHOUSE story, before THE UNTOUCHABLES ever became a weekly series), all of Ness' efforts came to nothing. Someone ELSE in the Treasury Department, some anonymous accountant, dug up the info, and brought up the case. Ness didn't care, as long as Capone was put away. At the end, the narrator made a point of saying that except for when they crossed paths at the courthouse, the day Capone was being hauled away to jail, the two of them had NEVER MET.

I forget what they did in the Rod Steiger AL CAPONE movie.  I need to see that again, and get myself a copy of it. However, in the early-70's film CAPONE, with Ben Gazarra, his right-hand man, Frank Nitti, turned over the tax records, saying, "Capone was an animal. He was always shooting at someone across the street.  What he never realized was, the guy he had to worry about was the one on the SAME side of the street as he was-- and one rung DOWN the ladder."  Nitti was played by Sylvester Stallone!

In 1981's THE GANGSTER CHRONICLES, Ness and his suad are never even mentioned. it's like, in that univere, they don't even exist.  In TGC version, Lucky Luciano (Michael Nouri) was the one who somehow got the tax records to the Feds, to not only get rid of his rival (Louis Giambalvo, my vote for the BEST Capone on screen, ever), but also for revenge for Capone beating the crap out of Charlie's ex-girlfriend, Chris Brennen (Markie Post!).

The 90's UNTOUCHABLES made a huge freaking EPIC out of it.  not only did they drag out the Capone story for 42 episodes, the tax case finale took 2 entire episodes.  In this one, Fed Paul Robbins has the idea, but Elliot keeps dismissing it... until one of the witnesses they hauled in commits suicide while in custodey, and he's put ON SUSPENSION.  Then, after a rival Capo tries to kill Capone (while Capone was showing interest in running for Governor), Elliot contacts Nitti with a deal-- the tax records, for Capone's safety.

Then, after ALL the Capos conspire together to betray Capone (each supplying records books to a pile of them-- except the one guy who refused, who the SHOT dead), the guy they ignored, Frankie Rio (Al's other right-hand), started his own little war to take back what the rest tried to grab.  Next thing, Nitti regrets betraying his best friend, goes to see Al, begos forgiveness, and almost commits suicide in front of him!  But instead, Al takes him back, and sends him out to murder the ONE loud-mouthed little rat of a Capo who wanted Capone dead in the first place.

Nitti had been baby-sitting the book-keeper for Elliot-- until he had his chage of heart. But when he plans to take the guy out and kill him, Nitti's GIRLFRIEND, who kept pushing HIM to be "the king of Chicago", calls ness herself, and his qaud rescues the accountant, and get him to the courthouse JUST as the judge was about to dismiss the entire case.  Talk about building up a mountan of suspense!!!

After that, I realized this morning WHY the ending bothered me so much. there was NO epilogue, other than when Ness & Capone exchanged words, and then Ness & the boys going out for dinner.  It felt very much like they fully intended to do at least a few more episodes. Especially when they had Nitti and his entire crew walk by Ness just before the end. They threw everything into that episode, the downfall of Capone, I feel, was MORE satisfying than the end of the Dominion War in DEEP SPACE NINE-- but-- no epilogue!

There was a real-life happy ending.  Tom Amandes, who played Ness, and Nancy Everheard, who played his wife, were married in real life, and are STILL together!  I like that...

Funny thing-- Paul Regina, who played Nitti for 42 episodes, 12 years earlier, had played the TEENAGED Charlie Luciano in the 1st episode of THE GANGSTER CHRONICES!  I haven't watched this show in over 25 years (not since before I ever watched my first NIGHT COURT episode with Markie Post). That 1st hour is like a dark, perverse version of the 1978 SUPERMAN movie, as Luciano (and his friends) are all played by 2 or 3 different actors from childhood to teen years to adults.

At the rate I'm going, in a couple days I'll be starting in on the Robert Stack series.  I put in an immense amount of work to get the 75 episodes I have... it's a shame that, due to erratic reruns in the 80's or 90's, I was never able to get all the ones I'm still missing. (It got SO aggravating, when I managed to make it to 75, I threw my hands up and said, "ENOUGH! To HELL with this.")   >:(
ip icon Logged

narfstar

• Administrator
message icon
Wonder Woman
« Reply #997 on: February 03, 2012, 03:20:30 AM »

I watched the unaired pilot of Wonder Woman. It was not like any incarnation of WW that I know of. But you know what I really liked the darn thing. It never went to post production as you could still see the ropes lifting things and in one place is an indication to "add cop cars here." If it had not been WW it could have used GA superheroin like Miss Victory and worked well. It never would have been a big hit but it could have done OK in syndication 
ip icon Logged

josemas

message icon
« Reply #998 on: February 03, 2012, 02:12:09 PM »

I've been watching a lot of classic animation this past week. 

Cartoon shorts dating from 1920 to 1940. 

Little animated wonders produced by the likes of Fleischer, Terry, Van Beuren, Lantz and Mintz. 

Some of the most interesting were a batch of the Oswald the Rabbit shorts done in the year after the character was taken away from his creator, Walt Disney, by Charles Mintz.  Of the 26 Oswalds made by Disney in 1927-1928 I had already seen the 13 that Disney released to DVD which were then the only ones known to be extant (since then 2 more have turned up) so was somewhat familar with the charcter as he existed at that time.  In 1928-1929 Mintz's brother-in-law George Winkler produced 26 more Oswalds but only 8 were known to be extant.  I tracked down  7 of those. 

For the most part they are indistinguishable from the Disney Oswalds of the previous year which is not particularly surprising because Mintz had surreptitiously hired away most of Disney's staff before forcing Walt out.  You can see animators like Rudy Ising and Hugh Harmon starting to work out bits of business that would be refined and elaborated on when they moved to Warner Bros. as producers of the Bosko shorts in 1930.  Likewise Friz Freling, who after being canned by Walt, was rehired by Mintz to work on his Oswalds is seen here doing his first cartoon directing which is pretty much in the mold of the earlier Disney toons.  The most important new face turning up directing Oswald is Walter Lantz who pretty much also works along in the already established style.   
The series converted to sound part way through this season and I was curious to see how that aspect compared to what Walt was doing with the Mickey Mouse cartoons but unfortunately all of the Winkler Oswalds I found were silent prints so no comparison could be made.

In 1929 Mintz found himself in the same boat he had put Disney when his distributor, Universal, took Oswald away from him and hired Walter Lantz to produce the Oswald from there on.  Mintz, like Disney, did fine as he soon began producing cartoons for release by Columbia which he did pretty much right up until his death in 1939.

Best

Joe
ip icon Logged

profh0011

• Global Moderator
message icon
« Reply #999 on: February 03, 2012, 03:06:25 PM »

I know very little about that period, but it sounds to me like the animation biz had some rotten personalities involved in it.
ip icon Logged
Pages: 1 ... 38 39 [40] 41 42 ... 137

Comic Book Plus In-House Image
Mission: Our mission is to present free of charge, and to the widest audience, popular cultural works of the past. These are offered as a contribution to education and lifelong learning. They reflect the attitudes, perspectives, and beliefs of different times. We do not endorse these views, which may contain content offensive to modern users.

Disclaimer: We aim to house only Public Domain content. If you suspect that any of our material may be infringing copyright, please use our contact page to let us know. So we can investigate further. Utilizing our downloadable content, is strictly at your own risk. In no event will we be liable for any loss or damage including without limitation, indirect or consequential loss or damage, or any loss or damage whatsoever arising from loss of data or profits arising out of, or in connection with, the use of this website.