in house dollar bill thumbnail
 Total: 42,782 books
 New: 213 books

small login logo

Please enter your details to login and enjoy all the fun of the fair!

Not a member? Join us here. Everything is FREE and ALWAYS will be.

Forgotten your login details? No problem, you can get your password back here.

Hi! :)

Pages: [1]

topic icon Author Topic: Hi! :)  (Read 543 times)

TorranceNicholson

message icon
Hi! :)
« on: January 20, 2023, 11:42:50 PM »

Hi everyone  :)
Thanks for my approval of application to become a new member!
I'm Klaus, originally from Germany, but living in England since 1989.
For a living, I play acoustic guitar; not involved in the music industry at all though, just getting by paying the bills and saving up a bit for trips abroad and such.
If I say I love reading that pretty much includes everything, from classical literature to comics. About comics, I don't really know much, but I enjoy them a lot, mainly the older ones, and this seems to be an amazing source to discover much more about them! I'm looking forward to that!

ip icon Logged

The Australian Panther

• VIP
message icon
Re: Hi! :)
« Reply #1 on: January 21, 2023, 03:57:06 AM »

Welcome Torrance Nicholson!
Love the Louise Brooks movie poster.
You are definitely at the right place!
There are a number of us here who have a serious interest in both Music and Movies as well as comic books.
Click on the FORUM icon, [ in blue, top left] right to the bottom and scroll down to the bottom of the WATCHA forums.
Watcha reading
Watcha watching
Watcha listening to

https://comicbookplus.com/forum/
There is as much interest in these areas of CB+ as there in the comics posts. 
I, for a start, would like to know
What kinds of musics are your preference and If you have ever recorded any music.
If so, can you provide a link?
Also, what is the story behind your icon?
Nosey aren't I?
Take your time, and get to know the nooks and crannies of the site. There are a lot!
Enjoy!
And please, don't be shy, join in and contribute!   

« Last Edit: January 23, 2023, 01:38:36 AM by The Australian Panther »
ip icon Logged

paw broon

• Administrator
message icon
« Reply #2 on: January 22, 2023, 08:30:26 PM »

Hello Klaus and welcome to CB+.
I hope you enjoy discovering great comics.  Please ask questions and join in the conversations.
ip icon Logged

TorranceNicholson

message icon
« Reply #3 on: January 24, 2023, 03:21:10 AM »

Welcome Torrance Nicholson!
Love the Louise Brooks movie poster.
You are definitely at the right place!
There are a number of us here who have a serious interest in both Music and Movies as well as comic books.
Click on the FORUM icon, [ in blue, top left] right to the bottom and scroll down to the bottom of the WATCHA forums.
Watcha reading
Watcha watching
Watcha listening to

https://comicbookplus.com/forum/
There is as much interest in these areas of CB+ as there in the comics posts. 
I, for a start, would like to know
What kinds of musics are your preference and If you have ever recorded any music.
If so, can you provide a link?
Also, what is the story behind your icon?
Nosey aren't I?
Take your time, and get to know the nooks and crannies of the site. There are a lot!
Enjoy!
And please, don't be shy, join in and contribute!   

Thanks for the warm welcome!  :) Yes, I looked at those parts here where people share things. That's a hard question about the music, as I really haven't got any preferences but love exploring every genre, it includes just everything. Sorry, I don't record though. I could perhaps share something though, just using the phone's voice recorder? That usually works quite well, better even than the little tape recorders used to.
Louise Brooks is only a bit of an obsession of mine, haha! I watch whichever of those movies I find on YouTube. When silent movies come with a contemporary soundtrack I usually turn the sound off  ;D Do you play music yourself? I suppose I'll see you somewhere in the other places around here?
ip icon Logged

TorranceNicholson

message icon
« Reply #4 on: January 24, 2023, 03:28:14 AM »

Hello Klaus and welcome to CB+.
I hope you enjoy discovering great comics.  Please ask questions and join in the conversations.

Thanks!  :) Yes, I'll try sticking around!
One question I do have for now - the 'karma', how do I give that to other people?
ip icon Logged

The Australian Panther

• VIP
message icon
« Reply #5 on: January 24, 2023, 06:46:43 AM »

the 'karma', how do I give that to other people?

Starting with a mystery?
I read and reread the posts on this thread and the word Karma isn't mentioned.
Not sure what reference you are referring to.
Music? Just post a link to something you like. That will give us the idea.
Cheers?     
ip icon Logged

paw broon

• Administrator
message icon
« Reply #6 on: January 24, 2023, 08:50:44 AM »

At your name and avatar there's a karma button where you can applaud or smite.  It doesn't get a lot of use.
ip icon Logged

The Australian Panther

• VIP
message icon
« Reply #7 on: January 24, 2023, 10:12:57 AM »

D'Oh! Should have known that!
ip icon Logged

TorranceNicholson

message icon
« Reply #8 on: January 24, 2023, 06:43:43 PM »

At your name and avatar there's a karma button where you can applaud or smite.  It doesn't get a lot of use.

OK, i won't worry about that for now then  ;D
ip icon Logged
Pages: [1]

Comic Book Plus In-House Image
Mission and Disclaimer: The mission of Comic Book Plus is to present completely free of charge, and to the widest possible audience, popular cultural works of the past. These records are offered as a contribution to education and lifelong learning. They are historical documents reflecting the attitudes, perspectives, and beliefs of different times. We at Comic Book Plus do not endorse the views expressed in these, which may contain content offensive to modern users.

We aim to house only content in the Public Domain. If you suspect that any of our material may be infringing copyright, then please use our contact page to let us know. So we can investigate further.