in house dollar bill thumbnail
 Total: 43,470 books
 New: 224 books

small login logo

Please enter your details to login and enjoy all the fun of the fair!

Not a member? Join us here. Everything is FREE and ALWAYS will be.

Forgotten your login details? No problem, you can get your password back here.

Reading Group # 328. 18 year Birthday celebration [10.5!]

Pages: [1] 2

topic icon Author Topic: Reading Group # 328. 18 year Birthday celebration [10.5!]  (Read 901 times)

The Australian Panther

• VIP
message icon
Reading Group # 328. 18 year Birthday celebration [10.5!]
« on: July 22, 2024, 03:03:46 AM »

Had something lined up for this go-round, but Mark's notes commemorating the 18th birthday, made me think we'd do something to celebrate.

July 04 2006 -18 years old.

Reading Group begins January 2014 - which makes us 10.5 years old.

Here are some posts from the beginning of the Reading Group

Started with a debate

The Big Debate
Mr Goldenage
[Let Chaos Reign! LoL. Really I don't care what we review or discuss as long as we agree to discuss, discect and debate an actual story. I say just draw an assigned # to a story and pick one from a hat or some such and go with whatever you pick out of it. Sound good? Good. I look forward to the 6th. Lets Go!]

Crash Ryan
[I am open to anything. I am looking forward to this...I've got a ice-cold six-pack of Kooba Kola in the fridge to drink while perusing the first story.]

Paw Broon
[ I fancy this.
We don't need no stinking rules!]

Mark Warner
[So we kick off our Reading Group adventure with https://comicbookplus.com/?dlid=15015
Not sure we'll match their 6,000,000 monthly readers ... but we'll be close]

So lets see what kind of prophet Mark was.
Comic Book Plus Forum - Statistics Center
https://comicbookplus.com/forum/?action=stats
12, 791 members
2010 page views > 347, 483
2024 page views (to date) 2,694,403 !
And 2024 is by no means the busiest year we have had. 
Reading group is 'Topic #4 after 'Comments made on content', 'Comic Talk' and 'Comics uploaded'

Mark started the ball rolling with one book at a time. Now we sometimes do 2 or 3 at a time over a fortnight.

So, here are the first three again. You can go to the original posts and comment  on the original comments if you like.   

Week 1 - Crime Does Not Pay #63
https://comicbookplus.com/?dlid=15015

Week 2  Rulah Jungle Goddess 24
https://comicbookplus.com/?dlid=36327

Week 3 - Amazing Mystery Funnies v02 07
https://comicbookplus.com/?dlid=16514

Enjoy!
ip icon Logged

Quirky Quokka

• VIP
message icon
Re: Reading Group # 328. 18 year Birthday celebration [10.5!]
« Reply #1 on: July 22, 2024, 07:14:55 AM »

Great idea, Panther. It's all new to me, as I've only been in the group for 2 years, so it will be good to go back and see how it all started.

Cheers

QQ
ip icon Logged

FraBig

message icon
« Reply #2 on: July 22, 2024, 05:13:04 PM »

This is a great achievement! And I really dig your idea of rereading the first three choices. I'll surely try to comment on them in the following fortnight.

18 years of this site is a huge milestone. I'm really glad I decided to make an account some 4 odd years ago. What a treasure trove.
ip icon Logged

SuperScrounge

• VIP
message icon
« Reply #3 on: July 23, 2024, 03:06:06 AM »

Crime Does Not Pay #63

A Word From
Interesting set of restrictions. Some common tropes just out right forbidden. (Outta here, you scantily-clad & good-looking dames! Those injuries are too graphic! Get to the hospital! Laughing during a crime? Go to DC, you joker!)

Felix Sloper
Any relation to Ally?  ;)

Oh, the days when a woman giving her husband a concussion was a laugh riot.  ;)

Hmmm, the editorial said that criminals weren't supposed to laugh at their crimes, but they got around it by having Mr. Crime do the laughing. Interesting.

Also Grace and Trixie never got punished for their parts in aiding and abetting Felix.

On The Level
Interesting factoids.

Wilbur Underhill
Technically the story was okay, but Wilbur was an unpleasant fellow to follow. Maybe it would have worked better if they had used Mr. Crime to add commentary?

Paul Chretien Father of Murderers
Once again the unpleasantness of the main characters sours the quality of the story.

A Lesson in Murder
Okay.

Benny Mickson
Not bad.

Oddly enough the story was also used for the story Meet the Split Benny Dickson! in True Crime Comics https://comicbookplus.com/?dlid=62961
A much wilder take on the story told in this issue.

Who Dunnit?
A nice change of pace from the other stories.
ip icon Logged

Quirky Quokka

• VIP
message icon
« Reply #4 on: July 23, 2024, 10:12:05 AM »

Crime Does Not Pay #63

A Word From
Interesting set of restrictions. Some common tropes just out right forbidden. (Outta here, you scantily-clad & good-looking dames! Those injuries are too graphic! Get to the hospital! Laughing during a crime? Go to DC, you joker!)

I thought it was an interesting list. The stories in this book are all true, but if the writers and artists abided by all of those rules, wouldn't that mean that some of the 'true' bits would have to be altered? Gorgeous dames swapped for plain ones. Mocking crims changed to serious ones. Though I guess their aims were noble.

Cheers

QQ
ip icon Logged

Quirky Quokka

• VIP
message icon
« Reply #5 on: July 25, 2024, 08:32:05 AM »

Crime Does Not Pay #63

Cover - Wow, more than 6 million readers. Interesting that they call it a magazine rather than a comic book. Does that give it more weight? Also interesting that they give a bit more dialogue than usual on the cover. Love Trixie's line: 'Why should I moth around a hot potato like him? I was a nitwit to get mixed up with a stumble-bum like him in the first place!' You go, girl!

Message - Look at those fine, upstanding citizens and their guidelines. I was thinking this must have been after the Comics Code came in, but it's 1948 (or 1947 by the copyright notice). So an example of self-regulation? I guess those guidelines would have assured parents and teachers who were concerned about negative content. Though in being so strict in their requirements, did that mean they had to leave out some of the 'true' things in their true stories? I guess if criminals can't be attractive in appearance or character, they never did a story on Pretty Boy Floyd  :D

I must admit, I didn't read the whole thing word for word. There was a lot of text. So I'll just make some general comments and say a bit more about the bits I did read.

Felix Sloper

Interesting to see more work by George Tuska, since he was in last fortnight's selections. And I guess they made the woman in the red dress look as sexy as they could without emphasising sex appeal (as in guidelines). Interesting that 'Crime' is narrating the story and he's allowed to laugh occasionally.

On The Level - Both of these one-pagers had some interesting trivia. Well done to Ruth McBride for chasing the purse snatcher into an alley and beating him up! I didn't understand the one about the man who hid behind the sneezeless soap powder and sneezed. Is it just ironic that that happened, or was the soap powder a trap? And poor Charles Little. If he had read 'Anne of Green Gables', he would have known that trying to change your hair colour can sometimes turn it green. And after reading the second one of these one-pagers later in the book, you have to wonder why they still don't allow ghosts to testify in court  ;)

What's on Your Mind?

I often enjoy reading the letters in old comic books, though these are all unanimously glowing about the book. I'm glad that L. P. D. has decided to go straight (and also the other criminal whose full-page letter is shown later under 'This is Our Testimony'). If some people were seeing the error of their ways as a result of reading this book, then the publishers, writers and artists are achieving their aim. Though there may also be some who read true crime books and get ideas of how to commit crimes and get away with them. Though that doesn't mean we shouldn't try to do something about it.

Who Dunnit?

[Spoiler ahead if you haven't read it] - I always like a whodunnit, so this was a nice inclusion. Though I didn't manage to work it out based on the clues. I realised the footprints in the powder were a clue, but I couldn't see how that came up again. After seeing the answer, I realised that the panel on the last page where Paul has his foot up on the seat is supposed to show the powder on the bottom of his shoe. But it just looks like a white sole to me. Powder wouldn't still be caked on like that. The clue re the lipstick and apple was better, but only if we realised that little tube on the floor next to the body was lipstick. Though I suppose we might have guessed, since she was putting on make-up. If you're going to have a whodunnit that relies on picture clues, you really need to make the pictures clear.

Overall, an interesting book. I'm not sure how many of these crimes may have been known to readers at the time. That may have given them more appeal too. I can see why Mark may have started the forum rolling with this selection. True crime is still popular, though maybe people are more likely to listen to true crime podcasts these days.

Cheers

QQ
ip icon Logged

gregjh

message icon
« Reply #6 on: July 25, 2024, 11:53:20 AM »

Congrats to the reading group!

I liked the True Crime and I found the code of conduct on page 2 interesting. Imagine telling comic book writers today that they can't push politics in their stories. They'd lose their minds.

Rulah was my favourite though I do wonder how she got from NY harbour back to the jungle so quickly.
ip icon Logged

SuperScrounge

• VIP
message icon
« Reply #7 on: July 26, 2024, 02:03:20 AM »

Message - Look at those fine, upstanding citizens and their guidelines. I was thinking this must have been after the Comics Code came in, but it's 1948 (or 1947 by the copyright notice). So an example of self-regulation?

Most publishers did have their own 'codes', but it was usually in-house. While the Comics Code Authority was the most famous (or infamous  ;)), before that there was the Association of Comics Magazine Publishers Comics Code https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Association_of_Comics_Magazine_Publishers and there was even a star shaped logo that can be seen on some comics adhering to it (for example https://comicbookplus.com/?dlid=30290).
ip icon Logged

crashryan

• VIP & JVJ Project Member
message icon
« Reply #8 on: July 26, 2024, 03:05:31 AM »

While the Comics Code Authority was the most famous (or infamous  ;)), before that there was the Association of Comics Magazine Publishers Comics Code

Yeah, the ACMP code was a joke. Hardly any publishers joined it and those who did seldom followed it. There are many things I like about Charles Biro's books, but the guy was a hypocrite. He filled his crime comics with letters and pious statements about how Crime Does Not Pay taught youngsters to hate crime while the stories themselves glorified gangsters and violence. Note that the story immediately following Biro's "guidelines" violates numbers 5, 8, and 9. It doesn't have blood and visible wounds but it does show bullet impacts (pg 14 panel 3). As for the rest of the guidelines...I invite everyone to take a peek at page 28.
ip icon Logged

SuperScrounge

• VIP
message icon
« Reply #9 on: July 27, 2024, 03:52:51 AM »

Rulah Jungle Goddess 24

Death Image!
How did Rulah prove her identity to the police? Apparently Rulah's birth name is/was Jane Dodge, so unless her other identity is publicly known she couldn't use ID.

I'm really impressed with how tough the soles of Elsie's feet are. I mean she goes from wearing protective shoes to running around the streets of New York to running around in the jungle and if she stepped on anything sharp we never saw evidence of it.  ;)

Otherwise a fun little story.

Satan's Shoes
Those are some light-skinned native women.  ;)

So was Mugooti actually killed? While it's certainly implied that this gave the shoes their power it is oddly vague. No off-panel death scream. No, "I'll avenge Mugooti!" Once she's dragged out of the story that's it.

The Valley of Ghosts
Eh, okay.

Labyrinth of Love!
So is this another lookalike of Rulah or is it Elsie again? If I'd been the editor I'd have made it Elsie just to tie it in with the earlier story.

The Concert of the Apes!
Overly simplistic.
ip icon Logged

paw broon

• Administrator
message icon
« Reply #10 on: July 27, 2024, 08:11:10 AM »

Despite 10 1/2 years having passed, I'll stick with the comments I made back then.
I'll also agree with what Crash noted at the time about Biro being a hypocrite. Those guidelines.  All well and good. Very upstanding and moral.  So, we'll just run a steamroller over them.
As for Rulah, I still, don't enjoy jungle comics, so not a lot there for me.   They always seem like a one trick pony. Weren't jungle girl comics simply a way to get scantily clad females in front of  young lads' eyes? 
I refer you to my preference for the "real" Batwoman costume. And those tales were silly, lovely, entertaining, nonsense.
I will re-read Amazing.  Early superhero excitement.  What's not to like?
ip icon Logged

SuperScrounge

• VIP
message icon
« Reply #11 on: July 27, 2024, 07:46:17 PM »

Weren't jungle girl comics simply a way to get scantily clad females in front of  young lads' eyes?

Not just young lads. It appeals to the Male Demographic 18 to dead*.   ;)

*A term used by Phil Farrand in one of his Nitpicker's Guides and used by us nitpickers at NitCentral.

Years ago George Perez once said that the Scarlet Witch didn't wear underwear, and if you look at the outfit he designed for her you'd see all these gaps and openings in the costume that if she was wearing a bra and panties they would be seen.

Looking at Rulah's giraffe-skin outfit bottom with the wide side openings and thongs to hold it in place, my first thought was, "Well, she's not wearing panties."  ;)
ip icon Logged
Comic Book Plus In-House Image

The Australian Panther

• VIP
message icon
« Reply #12 on: July 27, 2024, 11:39:44 PM »

Superscrounge said,

Not just young lads. It appeals to the Male Demographic 18 to dead*. 

Whatta mean,18 bub? I was in that demographic a good few years earlier. 

On a related subject, the story goes that when Samm Schwartz was drawing 'Tippy Teen' for Tower comics, he used to deliver the penciled pages to the inker with the females penciled only as nudes. With that in mind, look at Tippy Teen { we have some here on CB+) and think about the positions he sometimes draws Tippy  and her friends in.
Archie comics in the 70's through the 90's weren't bought to look at Archie.
Cheers!       

ip icon Logged

SuperScrounge

• VIP
message icon
« Reply #13 on: July 28, 2024, 06:52:24 AM »

Whatta mean,18 bub? I was in that demographic a good few years earlier.

I didn't invent the term. Just a running gag from another site.

Although that does remind me of when they had gotten the manga Cutey Honey a TV slot for, I think 12 to 14 year old boys, and some were worried that boys wouldn't want to watch a girl character so creator Go Nagai said, "Don't worry I'll draw her naked when she changes."

Man, what they allowed on Japanese TV.  :o I can't imagine an American network allowing that.
ip icon Logged

paw broon

• Administrator
message icon
« Reply #14 on: July 28, 2024, 03:19:51 PM »

Well, this is an education :o ;)  What a sheltered life I've led.  I thought this stuff started with the under-dressed heroines of the Flare universe. Although, thinking it through, there are lots of examples of scarcely hidden attributes.  But I wasn't aware of Phantom Lady, for instance, till I joined this site.
Some of the females in Crime Doesn't Pay are reminiscent of actresses from old movies, that strange, unnatural, engineered shape.
As for TV, here in the UK there was nudity and brevity of costume on show, mostly after the watershed. And of course we had Mrs. Gale and Mrs. Peel. Scantily clad ladies were on show in Benny Hill and other comedies. 
The comics I grew up with revealed good stories and art rather than flesh.
Tippy Teen???  Never read an issue.  Not sure if I want to.
ip icon Logged

Robb_K

• VIP
message icon
« Reply #15 on: July 28, 2024, 10:24:06 PM »

Well, this is an education :o ;)  What a sheltered life I've led.  I thought this stuff started with the under-dressed heroines of the Flare universe. Although, thinking it through, there are lots of examples of scarcely hidden attributes.  But I wasn't aware of Phantom Lady, for instance, till I joined this site.
Some of the females in Crime Doesn't Pay are reminiscent of actresses from old movies, that strange, unnatural, engineered shape.
As for TV, here in the UK there was nudity and brevity of costume on show, mostly after the watershed. And of course we had Mrs. Gale and Mrs. Peel. Scantily clad ladies were on show in Benny Hill and other comedies. 
The comics I grew up with revealed good stories and art rather than flesh.
Tippy Teen???  Never read an issue.  Not sure if I want to.

Good plan. From my quick look at a few issues, "Tippy Teen" is a poor man's attempt at copying the "Archie art style, with stories that are pure drivel (inane garbage).  They are so terrible that they make the "inane drivel" of MOST of the 1960s and '70s "Teen Comedy" comics seem almost "good" by comparison.
ip icon Logged

SuperScrounge

• VIP
message icon
« Reply #16 on: July 29, 2024, 02:58:02 AM »

Amazing Mystery Funnies v02 07

The Fantom of the Fair
I wonder if Gustavson knew the answers to the mysteries he set-up about the Fantom in this story? If I recall correctly later stories of the Fantom just gave him powers when he needed them rather than having a defined power set which indicates a 'make-it-up-as-you-go-along' storytelling.
Although as a first story it's okay and can get readers interested in what's coming next.

The Inner Circle
A secret organization dealing with things clandestinely, because that kind of thing never goes bad...  ;)

Could definitely used a better writer.

2039 A.D
That's only 15 years from now.  ;)

Bill says that "10 of their days is about 3 months of terrestrial time!"
No, 10 Jovian days would be about 100 Earth hours, or just over 4 Earth days.

The Conqueror Part 1
So they fly into space, hit a cosmic storm and are stopped, but since they are outside of Earth's gravity sphere they'll be stuck there forever?
Errrrrrrg... science don't work that way...

Haunted House
Cute.

The C-20 Mystery
In some respects this story proceeded like a row of dominoes toppling over with next to no actual mystery whatsoever.

Grizzly Dunn
How exactly were they cheating? Might have been nice had the writer explained that.

Jack Strand
Eh, kinda slow.

The Pardon
Funny how they jump to the conclusion that the gods are being cruel, but neither thinks it might be the gods telling them that the feud should end. Good thing they found the body  and a doctor could say what really happened.
ip icon Logged

SuperScrounge

• VIP
message icon
« Reply #17 on: July 29, 2024, 03:09:13 AM »

"Tippy Teen" is a poor man's attempt at copying the "Archie art style

Well, main writer and artist Samm Schwartz was a longtime Jughead writer and artist, and I believe there were a couple of other former, or moonlighting, Archie artists as well so the similarities would be hard to hide.

Oddly enough when Atlas/Seaboard started publishing in the 1970s, they bought the rights to Tippy Teen and republished them as Vicki. Go fig?
ip icon Logged

Morgus

• VIP
message icon
« Reply #18 on: July 30, 2024, 02:49:15 PM »

Happy birthday to us!
For me, this is an exercise in how fast time goes. Feb 2025 will be my tenth year here and it DOES NOT feel that long!!
Loved the pic of Charles (I’m laughing all the way to the bank) Biro. I made it to about the third or fourth rule of his code before I stopped from laughing so much. Doesn’t he know ONLY Dell comics are GOOD comics?? Now, go put that tight tight red dress on and get prepared to be shot dead.
The only thing missing from his crime comics was a dramatic soundtrack like they played in DRAGNET. And that big sweaty hand that came out at the end of the TV show and hammered home the production company logo. (Best part of the show...)
If I had RULAH when I was 10 or 12 it would have been stashed with great care Not just because mom would have probably torched it on sight, but the art was amazing in and of itself. I would have wanted it to last a long time. Nothing like Matt Baker. Surprised that with all the PLANET OF THE APES versions over the years, that nobody has seemed to do much with CONCERT OF THE APES in the memes department.
Until his last days, my gramp called comic strips ‘funnies’ so AMAZING MYSTERY FUNNIES was a sentimental title for me. Some reassuring and zen like about product being put out that uniformly. I swear you could overlay some of the panels and they’d match up perfectly from strip to strip. And you got Johnson & Smith on the back page and even the Hardy boys...and what looks like a special guest appearance by Joan Crawford in THE C-20 MYSTERY.
ip icon Logged

Quirky Quokka

• VIP
message icon
« Reply #19 on: July 31, 2024, 07:42:47 AM »

Message - Look at those fine, upstanding citizens and their guidelines. I was thinking this must have been after the Comics Code came in, but it's 1948 (or 1947 by the copyright notice). So an example of self-regulation?

Most publishers did have their own 'codes', but it was usually in-house. While the Comics Code Authority was the most famous (or infamous  ;)), before that there was the Association of Comics Magazine Publishers Comics Code https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Association_of_Comics_Magazine_Publishers and there was even a star shaped logo that can be seen on some comics adhering to it (for example https://comicbookplus.com/?dlid=30290).

Thanks for the extra info, SuperScrounge. I did like No. 6 in the ACMP code - 'Ridicule or attack on any religious or racial group is never permissible.' Too bad that one wasn't followed closely. And I think there was also a lot of subtle racism, perhaps by writers and artists who were just going along with the social mores of the time, but now seem so wrong. For example, depictions of many indigenous groups. Probably one reason I wasn't as keen on the Rulah comic (Beautiful white woman saves poor natives from themselves).

Cheers

QQ
ip icon Logged

Quirky Quokka

• VIP
message icon
« Reply #20 on: July 31, 2024, 07:49:48 AM »

Hi Paw - We have the DVD box sets of all of Emma Peel's episodes, though hubby had to tell me that her name really means 'M-appeal', as in 'appeals to men'. Who knew? At least she was usually covered up in her body-hugging jump suits. I remember watching 'The Benny Hill Show' as a kid and thinking it was hilarious. Now cringe-worthy. Though it did give a start to Jane Leeves (one of Hill's Angel's) who went on to become the highest paid British actress in America during her stint as Daphne Moon on 'Frasier'. So it was good for something?

And good to hear from you again.

Cheers

QQ
« Last Edit: July 31, 2024, 07:52:17 AM by Quirky Quokka »
ip icon Logged

Quirky Quokka

• VIP
message icon
« Reply #21 on: July 31, 2024, 08:22:46 AM »

Rulah #24

I've only read a couple of the stories, but thought I would leave it there so I can hopefully get at least some of the last book read. I didn't mind this one, though like some of you, jungle stories aren't my favourites.

Cover - Great art that would have the teenage boys lining up at the newsstands. Though probably not the best attire to actually keep you safe in the jungle  :D

I'm not familiar with Rulah at all, so looked her up and discovered that she was a young aviator who crashed her plane in Africa. After making herself a fetching bikini from giraffe skin, she saves a tribe from an evil woman and becomes their queen. She stays in the jungle as their protector. I have problems with a lot of these types of stories. Beautiful white woman saves poor natives who can't help themselves and is thereafter worshipped by them. And how come the white westerner knows more about surviving in the jungle than the indigenous people who've grown up there? It seems that Rulah is a benevolent goddess, but I'm still not crazy about these kinds of concepts.

Death Image

Interesting having the first page in red tones rather than black and white. I was thinking these stories were untitled, and then realised that the titles are in small print at the end of the narration in the first panel. Doesn't exactly stand out.

I didn't mind the evil doppelganger premise, though were were some plot problems (surprise surprise). I'm not quite sure how swimming in jungle waters (which I assume are mainly rivers) equipped Rulah for ocean swimming in a business suit and heels. Also, you'd think the lookalike scammer would at least try to treat the natives well until she gets her hands on all that lovely treasure. She gives the game away immediately by being so nasty. Lucky the real Rulah could save the day.

Satan's Shoes

If heavy metal bands had been around in 1949, I could have sworn the evil pygmy got those boots from Gene Simmons of Kiss fame. Too bad Rulah couldn't save Mugooti, but she did manage to recover from a serious head injury in time to dispatch the evildoer and his boots. I didn't like this story as much as the first one.

Overall - There is some good art and the stories show good triumphing over evil. Though I'm not a big fan of the premise. Interesting selection though. Maybe if I read more of the stories, I would appreciate it more.

Cheers

QQ
ip icon Logged

Morgus

• VIP
message icon
« Reply #22 on: August 01, 2024, 02:33:54 AM »

You know, Q.Q. I’m surprised nobody has done a book on all those folks who went into the jungle and got to be a local god or pretty much the same thing. You have Tarzan, The Phantom, and in westerns, who-knows-how many people who were raised by the local indigenous people and wind up running the show.
One to check out; THE LOST CITY (1935) a serial with Kane Richmond. On youtube everywhere for free.. you know things are going south in a hurry when Gabby Hayes is a slave trader. Kane goes to Africa to solve climate problems brought on by too much electricity or something. The villain, Dr. Zolok is turning black tribesmen into white giant zombies, and then giving them new names...like Pierre. When it played in New York on TV there were a record number of complaints and they had to take it off.
ip icon Logged

SuperScrounge

• VIP
message icon
« Reply #23 on: August 01, 2024, 08:06:02 AM »

One to check out; THE LOST CITY (1935)

We read two comics that partially retold that serial in Week 270, Great Comics #3 https://comicbookplus.com/?dlid=26514 and Choice Comics #3 https://comicbookplus.com/?dlid=29704
ip icon Logged

Morgus

• VIP
message icon
« Reply #24 on: August 01, 2024, 08:17:49 PM »

wowzers, ‘Super. Thanks. It’s faster and better than the original serial.
ip icon Logged
Pages: [1] 2

Comic Book Plus In-House Image
Mission: Our mission is to present free of charge, and to the widest audience, popular cultural works of the past. These are offered as a contribution to education and lifelong learning. They reflect the attitudes, perspectives, and beliefs of different times. We do not endorse these views, which may contain content offensive to modern users.

Disclaimer: We aim to house only Public Domain content. If you suspect that any of our material may be infringing copyright, please use our contact page to let us know. So we can investigate further. Utilizing our downloadable content, is strictly at your own risk. In no event will we be liable for any loss or damage including without limitation, indirect or consequential loss or damage, or any loss or damage whatsoever arising from loss of data or profits arising out of, or in connection with, the use of this website.