in house dollar bill thumbnail
 Total: 42,842 books
 New: 96 books

small login logo

Please enter your details to login and enjoy all the fun of the fair!

Not a member? Join us here. Everything is FREE and ALWAYS will be.

Forgotten your login details? No problem, you can get your password back here.

DarkMark's uploads redux

Pages: 1 ... 7 8 [9] 10 11 ... 44

topic icon Author Topic: DarkMark's uploads redux  (Read 280263 times)

Yoc

• Past Member
message icon
Re: DarkMark's uploads redux
« Reply #200 on: July 29, 2008, 01:16:23 AM »

Hi DM,
Thanks for the new scans.  The Whiz was very nice.
The Boy wasn't bad either though sadly pg 9 and 10 are duplicates.  I haven't added it to the site incase you wanted to add the page and reupload it.  Size wise I'd have aimed for pages in the 400kb range - about twice the size you've got here but I don't say that to offend.  They look fine and take up a lot less room on your HD than the old 1mb+ per page scans!

So let me know if you'll be reuploading this or not.  I'll leave the incomplete version on the FTP just in case.

-Yoc
ip icon Logged

darkmark

• VIP
message icon
« Reply #201 on: July 29, 2008, 03:06:47 AM »

I'll reload it.  Another dupe?  Sheesh...
ip icon Logged

Yoc

• Past Member
message icon
« Reply #202 on: July 29, 2008, 03:48:29 AM »

:)
Thanks DM, glad you've got it sorted.
And don't be afraid to play with the Irfanview settings.  Again, a bit bigger wouldn't hurt on the final save percentage.

I hope the app will be of good use to you.  I swear by it almost as much as Total Commander for file management.

-Yoc
ip icon Logged

darkmark

• VIP
message icon
« Reply #203 on: August 04, 2008, 10:53:38 PM »

And now, after a bit of a delay, we present BOY COMICS #27 (fiche).  On the FTP.  Handle with care.
ip icon Logged

Yoc

• Past Member
message icon
« Reply #204 on: August 05, 2008, 06:52:00 PM »

Tnx DM, it's now up!
:)
ip icon Logged

darkmark

• VIP
message icon
« Reply #205 on: August 06, 2008, 03:18:49 PM »

Just for a change of pace...AMERICA'S BEST COMICS #31 from 1949.  Part paper.  Part fiche.  All comics.  All yours.
ip icon Logged

Yoc

• Past Member
message icon
« Reply #206 on: August 06, 2008, 05:57:39 PM »

Thanks DM, it's now up.
:D
ip icon Logged

krankyboy

• VIP
message icon
« Reply #207 on: August 07, 2008, 07:19:23 PM »

Just for a change of pace...AMERICA'S BEST COMICS #31 from 1949.  Part paper.  Part fiche.  All comics.  All yours.

Once again, thanks DM! I love the Black Terror story!  ;D
ip icon Logged

darkmark

• VIP
message icon
« Reply #208 on: August 08, 2008, 02:44:38 AM »

Yvw, Kranky!  More to come!
ip icon Logged

darkmark

• VIP
message icon
« Reply #209 on: August 09, 2008, 04:19:21 AM »

Just like I said...AMERICA'S BEST COMICS #29.  Black Terror, Pyroman, Miss Masque and others.  Part fiche, part paper.  Partly truth and partly fiction, it's a comic contradiction.  Go grab it!
ip icon Logged

krankyboy

• VIP
message icon
« Reply #210 on: August 10, 2008, 07:16:38 PM »

Just like I said...AMERICA'S BEST COMICS #29.  Black Terror, Pyroman, Miss Masque and others.  Part fiche, part paper.  Partly truth and partly fiction, it's a comic contradiction.  Go grab it!

Yay! More Black Terror (and Pyroman, who's another fave)!

Thanks, DM!  ;D
ip icon Logged

darkmark

• VIP
message icon
« Reply #211 on: August 10, 2008, 10:00:39 PM »

Yvw, Kranky.  And now, in my unending quest to convert all the partials to fulls that I can, we present AMERICA'S BEST COMICS #16, from 1946, with the Black Terror, Doc Strange, and the Fighting Yank.  Paper, fiche, and fun.  Enjoy.
ip icon Logged
Comic Book Plus In-House Image

darkmark

• VIP
message icon
« Reply #212 on: August 11, 2008, 03:27:40 AM »

The latest greatest:  BOY COMICS #28, all fiche.  Crimebuster in two Biroed stories.  Enjoy.
ip icon Logged

darkmark

• VIP
message icon
« Reply #213 on: August 11, 2008, 09:34:35 AM »

And now...AMERICA'S BEST COMICS #4.  Fiche / paper hybrid.  Pyroman, Black Terror, Doc Strange, Liberator.  On the FTP, and all yours.
ip icon Logged

darkmark

• VIP
message icon
« Reply #214 on: August 11, 2008, 07:31:04 PM »

A new hybrid upload:  BIG 3 COMICS #3 from Fox (1941).  Four heroes, four stories, four mad scientists.  Paper and fiche.  Something for everybody!
ip icon Logged

krankyboy

• VIP
message icon
« Reply #215 on: August 12, 2008, 12:54:51 PM »

Wonderful, DM. Can't wait to read these when they're put up.  ;D
ip icon Logged

Todd Matthy

• Past Member
  • avatar for old site member: Todd Matthy
message icon
« Reply #216 on: August 12, 2008, 04:47:52 PM »

I can't wait to read these too. I hope to see some more Spirits sometime in the future.
ip icon Logged

Aussie500

• Past Member
  • avatar for old site member: Aussie500
message icon
« Reply #217 on: August 13, 2008, 04:16:09 PM »

Thanks for the the uploads darkmark.
ip icon Logged

darkmark

• VIP
message icon
« Reply #218 on: August 14, 2008, 01:47:01 AM »

Yvw.  More as soon as I can.   ;D
ip icon Logged

darkmark

• VIP
message icon
« Reply #219 on: August 14, 2008, 04:18:42 AM »

As our country converts to hybrid fuels, so do we continue with hybrid scans.  The latest is EXCITING COMICS #2.  Hint:  The comic isn't.  Exciting, that is.  But we done it.  More to come.
ip icon Logged

Aussie500

• Past Member
  • avatar for old site member: Aussie500
message icon
« Reply #220 on: August 14, 2008, 01:25:58 PM »

Thanks darkmark.
ip icon Logged

darkmark

• VIP
message icon
« Reply #221 on: August 16, 2008, 03:22:54 AM »

Yw, Aussie.  And now the latest hybrid:  EXCITING COMICS #30.  Which really is kind of exciting, as it features the Black Terror, the Liberator, the American Eagle, and somebody or other else.  Go get it.
ip icon Logged

John C

message icon
« Reply #222 on: August 16, 2008, 11:40:20 AM »

Aw, #2 wasn't THAT bad.  I happen to like the Sphinx, and the Mask, for those who don't recognize it, is a quick rewrite of their prose Black Bat.  The names have been changed around, and the Batman costume (which hit the stands a couple of months before DC's Batman) has been swapped for a business suit and owl mask, but it's the same guy.

So I was happy at least.

While I don't mind them, and look forward to #30, I have to admit that the later Nedor superheroes seem sort of formulaic to me.  Scientist takes a secret formula and gets super-strength and can jump or fly.  Probably has a sidekick.  Costumes may vary.  Void where prohibited.  Formula not available to...well, you get the idea.
ip icon Logged

darkmark

• VIP
message icon
« Reply #223 on: August 17, 2008, 07:53:41 PM »

And now another one of our high-powered hybrids (which saves me time on scanning and helps clear out my Partials folder)...EXCITING COMICS #66.  Featuring the Black Terror by Jerry Robinson, Judy of the Jungle vs. the Leopard Woman, and a bunch of also-rans.  Go grab it!
ip icon Logged

darkmark

• VIP
message icon
« Reply #224 on: August 18, 2008, 05:23:11 AM »

I've also uploaded a small bunch of Fawcetts to the FTP, some which we didn't have here, some which you had in incomplete form, and one CMA fiche scan of mine which I cleaned up and edited.  Expect more of the last category when I have time.
ip icon Logged
Pages: 1 ... 7 8 [9] 10 11 ... 44

Comic Book Plus In-House Image
Mission: Our mission is to present free of charge, and to the widest audience, popular cultural works of the past. These are offered as a contribution to education and lifelong learning. They reflect the attitudes, perspectives, and beliefs of different times. We do not endorse these views, which may contain content offensive to modern users.

Disclaimer: We aim to house only Public Domain content. If you suspect that any of our material may be infringing copyright, please use our contact page to let us know. So we can investigate further. Utilizing our downloadable content, is strictly at your own risk. In no event will we be liable for any loss or damage including without limitation, indirect or consequential loss or damage, or any loss or damage whatsoever arising from loss of data or profits arising out of, or in connection with, the use of this website.