in house dollar bill thumbnail
 Total: 42,881 books
 New: 98 books

small login logo

Please enter your details to login and enjoy all the fun of the fair!

Not a member? Join us here. Everything is FREE and ALWAYS will be.

Forgotten your login details? No problem, you can get your password back here.

DarkMark's uploads redux

Pages: 1 ... 6 7 [8] 9 10 ... 44

topic icon Author Topic: DarkMark's uploads redux  (Read 280426 times)

boox909

• VIP
message icon
Re: DarkMark's uploads redux
« Reply #175 on: July 14, 2008, 03:43:05 AM »

What gives is that there was a continuation of CAPTAIN BATTLE for 3 more issues, even after it became BOY COMICS.  Kinda like what they did with STRANGE TALES in the 1970's, continuing the numbering from the last ish before it became DR. STRANGE.  That make any sense?

And I don't know about the Chesler connection.

EDIT:  The Keltner index confirms that Harry "A" Chesler's Magazine Press handled issues #3-5, which came out about a year after the two original issues of CAPTAIN BATTLE.  I don't know how that worked, and #3 is the last ish I've got of the title.

Darkmark, you so totally rule! I bet Chesler just continued the numbering with some handshake agreement with Lev Gleason -- that, or he pulled a fast one!  ;D ;D ;D

Thanks for the info! Next time I have a weird question like this I will remember to check my own copy of Keltner's index -- after all, I do link to it in my siggy. :D

B.
ip icon Logged

krankyboy

• VIP
message icon
« Reply #176 on: July 14, 2008, 08:49:04 AM »

And just to make it a doubleheader here...CLUE COMICS #11, half-fiche, half-paper, all-comic.  The 2nd Gun Master story, the last Stupid Manny story (horrors!!), and other good stuff.  Go for it!

I was happy to see this one, after only having read two of the stories from Clue Comics #11. Bob White and Terry Wake (who's now just being called Sleepy, even out of fighting togs) seem to have vanished as their costumed identities take up the entire stories. At least, for the last two issues anyway...
ip icon Logged

darkmark

• VIP
message icon
« Reply #177 on: July 14, 2008, 09:39:53 AM »

Thanks, guys.  I only have a couple more issues of CLUE, so enjoy them while we have 'em.  As for Chesler's CAPTAIN BATTLE, Keltner notes that issue #5 was all-reprint and he didn't ever have a copy of #4 to check.  The GCD doesn't have a cover for #4 and #5 was apparently under another imprint, so my guess is that CAPTAIN BATTLE #4 doesn't exist and #3 was the last all-original ish.  It's interesting to note that the Captain Battle stories in #3 apparently continue some sort of treasure hunting serial...they may be continued from SILVER STREAK COMICS.  Oh, well.
ip icon Logged

krankyboy

• VIP
message icon
« Reply #178 on: July 17, 2008, 08:48:39 AM »

Thanks, guys.  I only have a couple more issues of CLUE, so enjoy them while we have 'em. 

Any chance that #12 or #13 will be next? (although I'd kill to see issues #1, 2, and 3 for Nightmare's old threads).  ;D
ip icon Logged

darkmark

• VIP
message icon
« Reply #179 on: July 17, 2008, 09:03:08 AM »

Working on #12.  As for #1-3, I'll see if I can find them.
ip icon Logged

Mr. Izaj

• Past Member
  • avatar for old site member: Mr. Izaj
message icon
« Reply #180 on: July 18, 2008, 05:43:27 AM »

Not only would I like to see issue #12 (which features the final appearance of the Boy King), I would also like to see issues #s 2 & 3 as well and the rest of #1.
ip icon Logged

darkmark

• VIP
message icon
« Reply #181 on: July 18, 2008, 12:23:04 PM »

I may have them among my old CD's, but that's going to take some time to find.  Meanwhile, enjoy CLUE COMICS #12, the latest upload.
« Last Edit: July 18, 2008, 12:36:06 PM by darkmark »
ip icon Logged

Yoc

• Past Member
message icon
« Reply #182 on: July 18, 2008, 04:07:17 PM »

Thanks DM.
Now up.
ip icon Logged

darkmark

• VIP
message icon
« Reply #183 on: July 19, 2008, 03:27:53 PM »

And now on the FTP, CAPTAIN BATTLE, JR. #1 from Lev Gleason, featuring Cap Battle Jr., the Claw and the Ghost, and Sniffer.  Go grab it.
ip icon Logged

boox909

• VIP
message icon
« Reply #184 on: July 19, 2008, 05:58:31 PM »

And now on the FTP, CAPTAIN BATTLE, JR. #1 from Lev Gleason, featuring Cap Battle Jr., the Claw and the Ghost, and Sniffer.  Go grab it.

WOW!!!   ;D ;D ;D
ip icon Logged

darkmark

• VIP
message icon
« Reply #185 on: July 20, 2008, 10:04:41 PM »

Preeeeeeesenting...a never-before-attempted Triple Upload!  On the FTP, we now feature, for your pleasure and curiosity, not one!  Not two!  But THREE issues of CLUE COMICS!  #1, 2, and v2 #1!  The last of which features a Jack Kirby story, and the first of which features the origin of the Boy King!  All yours for but a little time of downloading, so get down to it!
ip icon Logged

boox909

• VIP
message icon
« Reply #186 on: July 21, 2008, 01:15:24 AM »

Preeeeeeesenting...a never-before-attempted Triple Upload!  On the FTP, we now feature, for your pleasure and curiosity, not one!  Not two!  But THREE issues of CLUE COMICS!  #1, 2, and v2 #1!  The last of which features a Jack Kirby story, and the first of which features the origin of the Boy King!  All yours for but a little time of downloading, so get down to it!

;D ;D ;D

B.
ip icon Logged
Comic Book Plus In-House Image

krankyboy

• VIP
message icon
« Reply #187 on: July 21, 2008, 09:34:25 AM »

That's awesome, DM! And best of all, more Nightmare before he changed his costume!  ;)
ip icon Logged

Aussie500

• Past Member
  • avatar for old site member: Aussie500
message icon
« Reply #188 on: July 21, 2008, 12:22:14 PM »

Thanks for the new uploads darkmark.
ip icon Logged

boox909

• VIP
message icon
« Reply #189 on: July 21, 2008, 03:24:01 PM »

That's awesome, DM! And best of all, more Nightmare before he changed his costume!  ;)

Yeah, Nightmare's original costume is totally cool.

B.
ip icon Logged

darkmark

• VIP
message icon
« Reply #190 on: July 21, 2008, 03:43:12 PM »

I liked Nightmare's old costume, too.  In v2 #1 they totally changed the character...must've been swiping from Timely's Vision.  Thanks, all.
ip icon Logged

darkmark

• VIP
message icon
« Reply #191 on: July 21, 2008, 03:45:06 PM »

I didn't have time to announce it, but STUNTMAN #1, a great Simon & Kirby book, is now in the share.  You'll love this one, I think.  Also CLUE COMICS #3, my last one, should be up.  If it isn't, somebody let me know.
ip icon Logged

Aussie500

• Past Member
message icon
« Reply #192 on: July 21, 2008, 09:47:34 PM »

Unfortunately the Clue Comics 003 was only a partial upload, which is why l did not transfer it over, its under 10Mb, could you please upload it again darkmark. :)
ip icon Logged

boox909

• VIP
message icon
Nightmare & Sleepy splash page!!!
« Reply #193 on: July 22, 2008, 07:05:02 AM »

RE: Clue Comics #3

:o :o :o :o :o :o :o

It is so full of awesome!!!!!!!!!!!!

Bless you Darkmark!

B.  :)

ip icon Logged

darkmark

• VIP
message icon
« Reply #194 on: July 22, 2008, 02:38:50 PM »

Thanks, boox, and thanks to Aussie for uploading that one.  That's the last of my CLUE COMICS, so if anybody has v2 #2 and 3, feel free.
ip icon Logged

krankyboy

• VIP
message icon
« Reply #195 on: July 23, 2008, 01:59:26 AM »

I didn't have time to announce it, but STUNTMAN #1, a great Simon & Kirby book, is now in the share.  You'll love this one, I think.  Also CLUE COMICS #3, my last one, should be up.  If it isn't, somebody let me know.

Thanks again, DM. These Clue Comics issues were great to read.  :)
ip icon Logged

darkmark

• VIP
message icon
« Reply #196 on: July 23, 2008, 03:47:44 AM »

yvw, Kranky!  I'm just glad the stuff was appreciated.  More to come...though, regrettably, no moe CLUE!
ip icon Logged

darkmark

• VIP
message icon
« Reply #197 on: July 26, 2008, 01:22:08 AM »

The latest is CAPTAIN BATTLE, JR. #2, with a fun Scoop Scuttle story by Wolverton.  All yours.
ip icon Logged

Aussie500

• Past Member
message icon
« Reply #198 on: July 26, 2008, 02:00:41 AM »

Thanks darkmark.  :)
ip icon Logged

darkmark

• VIP
message icon
« Reply #199 on: July 29, 2008, 12:01:49 AM »

Doubleheader time again:  On the FTP, BOY COMICS #26 (fiche) and WHIZ COMICS #80 (paper).  Enjoy.  (BTW, yoc, Boy #26 was Irfanviewed...let me know how it turns out.)
ip icon Logged
Pages: 1 ... 6 7 [8] 9 10 ... 44

Comic Book Plus In-House Image
Mission: Our mission is to present free of charge, and to the widest audience, popular cultural works of the past. These are offered as a contribution to education and lifelong learning. They reflect the attitudes, perspectives, and beliefs of different times. We do not endorse these views, which may contain content offensive to modern users.

Disclaimer: We aim to house only Public Domain content. If you suspect that any of our material may be infringing copyright, please use our contact page to let us know. So we can investigate further. Utilizing our downloadable content, is strictly at your own risk. In no event will we be liable for any loss or damage including without limitation, indirect or consequential loss or damage, or any loss or damage whatsoever arising from loss of data or profits arising out of, or in connection with, the use of this website.