in house dollar bill thumbnail
 Total: 42,818 books
 New: 192 books

small login logo

Please enter your details to login and enjoy all the fun of the fair!

Not a member? Join us here. Everything is FREE and ALWAYS will be.

Forgotten your login details? No problem, you can get your password back here.

Comics From Around the World

Pages: 1 2 3 [4] 5 6 ... 12

topic icon Author Topic: Comics From Around the World  (Read 121268 times)

fate man

message icon
Re: Comics From Around the World
« Reply #75 on: June 02, 2013, 10:18:50 PM »

Well thank you "Fate Man". You are always so kind. I do appreciate that. No book here. But I do hope you have had fun with the stuff I have provided for you here. I know it has been educational for me beyond what I could have ever imagined.

I now dream of an Italian Justic Society (Sociedade da Justi
ip icon Logged

mr_goldenage

• VIP
message icon
« Reply #76 on: June 03, 2013, 08:55:40 AM »

The Last issue # 23 (or was it # 24) was done "artisticly" meaning I had my crappy catalog drawings done but Darring did not have any colored. I had all the biograhies outlined with the stats and timelines done as well as the start and stop dates. So mostly the issue was I'd say 70 percent done. The next issue # 25 was to be a double sized issue with 50% USA/English speaking charcters Vs the othe 50% being non English speaking characters from around the world. So there you have it Allen.

RB off to bed and hopefully a good nights sleep
ip icon Logged

fate man

message icon
« Reply #77 on: June 03, 2013, 11:49:13 AM »

The Last issue # 23 (or was it # 24) was done "artisticly" meaning I had my crappy catalog drawings done but Darring did not have any colored. I had all the biograhies outlined with the stats and timelines done as well as the start and stop dates. So mostly the issue was I'd say 70 percent done. The next issue # 25 was to be a double sized issue with 50% USA/English speaking charcters Vs the othe 50% being non English speaking characters from around the world. So there you have it Allen.

RB off to bed and hopefully a good nights sleep

Thank you for explaining that to me,richard.
« Last Edit: June 07, 2013, 01:24:46 AM by fate man »
ip icon Logged

paw broon

• Administrator
message icon
« Reply #78 on: June 03, 2013, 05:37:57 PM »

(Sociedade da Justi
ip icon Logged

fate man

message icon
« Reply #79 on: June 07, 2013, 10:29:51 PM »

Sorry to bother you,richard,but I have some questions to ask you:
1.how is Darrin doing these days?
2.will issue#s 24 and 25 of good guys and gals of the golden age be available on cd-rom any time soon?
3.Which characters were going to appear in the retro and all-villain and villainess issues of good guys and gals of the golden age?
4.which golden age villains and silver age and retro characters were going to be added to your MLJ super special site?
5.any plans for comic books featuring your secret squadron characters?
ip icon Logged

mr_goldenage

• VIP
message icon
« Reply #80 on: June 08, 2013, 05:18:18 AM »

Hello Allen

1) Darrin is doing fine
2) there is no CD rom for issue 24 & 25 because there is no issue 24 & 25.
3) The Good Guys and Gals has not been around for 7 years or so.
4) None.
5) No plans sorry.
ip icon Logged

fate man

message icon
« Reply #81 on: June 08, 2013, 11:32:40 AM »

Hello Allen

1) Darrin is doing fine
2) there is no CD rom for issue 24 & 25 because there is no issue 24 & 25.
3) The Good Guys and Gals has not been around for 7 years or so.
4) None.
5) No plans sorry.

Thanks for explaining that to me,richard,tell Darrin I said hello.
Also,i miss the good guys and gals of the golden age website,and I would like to see it revived at some point.
Keep up the great work you do.
Allen
ip icon Logged

mr_goldenage

• VIP
message icon
« Reply #82 on: June 10, 2013, 03:27:06 AM »

More new Golden Age Fumetti purchases:

AVVENTURE ILLUSTRATE N
« Last Edit: June 10, 2013, 04:00:48 AM by mr_goldenage »
ip icon Logged

narfstar

• Administrator
message icon
« Reply #83 on: June 10, 2013, 11:54:32 AM »

awesome
ip icon Logged

errelbe

message icon
« Reply #84 on: June 12, 2013, 04:20:54 PM »

HI:

just arriving to the forum and the site, skimming this thread and it is amazingly good. Promise to read it more carefully and help with info on south american and spanish comics. Prticularly of interset is the very intermingled

In case of photo comics, yeah it was very sucessful form the 50's to the 80's in Italy, France, Spain and Latin America. They were mostly the equivalent of romance comics but then they divertedi n any kind of genre, from detective, to historicalto horror and mystery with sadistic touches.

MOre info soon i promise =)

Adios, amigos!
ip icon Logged

mr_goldenage

• VIP
message icon
« Reply #85 on: June 13, 2013, 03:39:14 PM »

Well this is a drag/bummer

This book - F- MISTERO COMICS N.10 PRIMA SERIE HARA SAHIB -- NERBINI - 1949 - S - GB303
mysteriously became unavailable (0n two different auctions on Ebay) one was "out of stock" and cancelled the sale on me. The other would not ship to the USA and then the next day the auction was gone off of ebay. I found another on some other auction site but suddenly once I tried to buy that book that one became "unavailable" as well. What the hell......

Then,,,, I've been trying to buy this book called Bax. However it does not have a shipping amount and cannot be bought without a shipping amount. Strange (mind you this is EBay Italy), so on 3 diffent attempts to try and contact the seller (the third time using google translate english into italian) to ask if he could put a shipping amount(s) to the USA or something, but no response. Do other countries hate the USA or just don't want to sell their "treasures" to the USA? I cannot fathom this out. Any ideas guys n gals? I am stumped here.

RB @ Work

By the By my total book purchases now has reached 28 Italian fumetti books!
« Last Edit: June 13, 2013, 03:41:41 PM by mr_goldenage »
ip icon Logged

narfstar

• Administrator
message icon
« Reply #86 on: June 13, 2013, 06:23:27 PM »

Maybe you can get Mark of Paw to bid for you
ip icon Logged
Comic Book Plus In-House Image

mr_goldenage

• VIP
message icon
« Reply #87 on: June 14, 2013, 01:32:00 AM »

Hmmm perhaps they could buy the Bax book it is very inexpensive. Here is the listing:

http://www.ebay.it/itm/261022704825ssPageName
=STRK:MEWAX:IT&_trksid=p3984.m1438.l2649#ht_1008wt_956

simply type cut n paste in the search field:

ALBI D'ORO dopoguerra n.288 - Bax contro il grande nemico

and it should come up that way.  IF they do go for it I will pay pal the monies to them ASAP.

Thanks for the idea Narf

Mr Goldenage

ip icon Logged

MarkWarner

• Administrator
message icon
« Reply #88 on: June 14, 2013, 10:08:03 AM »

I had a look ... but I can't make out head or tail of what it is saying. I am also dubious that the 1.99 EUR postage is for all of Europe ... seems way too cheap.
ip icon Logged

paw broon

• Administrator
message icon
« Reply #89 on: June 14, 2013, 04:59:33 PM »

Postage to G.B. is 5.50 Euros.  Although he mentions posting to USA, there is no option on his list to find out the postage.  I'll go ahead and order it and see what happens BUT, as you say, it is Italy.
ip icon Logged

mr_goldenage

• VIP
message icon
« Reply #90 on: June 14, 2013, 06:22:18 PM »

That one's ended and so far not relisted.

I am definitely interested in this one:

http://www.ebay.it/itm/281091989147ssPageName=STRK:MEWAX:IT&_trksid=p3984.m1438.l2649#ht_1819wt_952

I'd paypal you the monies in advance if need be. Let me know.

RB @ home scanning Fumetti books!

Attached: Just bought & paid 4 book
ip icon Logged

paw broon

• Administrator
message icon
« Reply #91 on: June 14, 2013, 07:47:12 PM »

Richard, I have bought and paid for the BAX comic.  We'll see what happens.  The last one you mentioned, the link doesn't work.  Just says it's unavailable.
Your Clinica del  Dottor Kola illo.  is interesting 'cos I have the French edition but it's too big for the scanner.
An interesting idea as the "hero" is a female who changes into a man's suit and domino mask.  From memory, her/his name is Enigma, but I'd have to check.
ip icon Logged

mr_goldenage

• VIP
message icon
« Reply #92 on: June 14, 2013, 10:22:34 PM »

O boy O boy...Bax.....very cool. Let me know what I owe you and where to paypal the monies to you to. Try the item # of 281091989147 and see if that works. I bought the The Clinica Del Dottor Kolla. It was too interesting to resist. My Paypal bill came today and once the wife gets hold of it I am sure to be in the proverbial soup. So that said let's try and get this done if we can. Once again thank you for the Bax book. I am also awaiting eagerly for the Phantom book, too bad its a two parter.

Richard the greatful
ip icon Logged

mr_goldenage

• VIP
message icon
« Reply #93 on: June 19, 2013, 11:18:56 PM »

Just so you don't think I have forgotten about this Italian thingie..... I've been busy buying a bunch of Fumetti's plus some French titles along with some Belgium/Dutch titles (Where does Le Chat come from?) for a total of 55 books. So, rather than rush ahead and just end up coming back and re-writing or redoing what I have done I have taken a break to regroup and make sure I have it right. I may have to redo my 1945 list of characters, so that made me think that I may want to wait until most of my books/research determines where all these characters lay in the scheme of things. Characters such as Jim Turbine, Joe Bolide, Furio, and Giorgio Ventura and the like. New Discoveries dictate that timelines be carefully reviewed. Never fear, more will be coming. Not to mention lots of books to scan and post here. Trust me there are some killer books on the way. Stay tuned Fumettie fans!

RB @ Work
ip icon Logged

paw broon

• Administrator
message icon
« Reply #94 on: June 20, 2013, 03:35:17 PM »

You're going to find a lot of duplication, with titles being syndicated in France, Italy, Spain and other countries.  Le Chat, I think, is Belgian but I'll have to check my card file.  Later, as we're going out in a wee while.  There are a couple of "Le Chat" and one is a masked character but there are a couple of Cat heroes and heroines, in G.B. - but we'll get to them.
ip icon Logged

mr_goldenage

• VIP
message icon
« Reply #95 on: June 20, 2013, 07:28:06 PM »

Help me diecide which final book to buy.

See attachments:
ip icon Logged

mr_goldenage

• VIP
message icon
« Reply #96 on: June 20, 2013, 07:29:02 PM »

or this one:

Let me know guys...... prices on both are right around the same on each one. Which one seems more of interest? I think the 2nd one, as I have one @the top, a different one, already bought. This would bring my total to 59 books + the one Paw bought on my behalf because someone didn't want to ship to the USA or wouldn't sell to someone in the USA, whatever I say! hats off to Paw...what a guy! :-)

RB @ work.
« Last Edit: June 20, 2013, 07:54:25 PM by mr_goldenage »
ip icon Logged

mr_goldenage

• VIP
message icon
« Reply #97 on: June 20, 2013, 07:46:37 PM »

3rd options; One of these two.
ip icon Logged

mr_goldenage

• VIP
message icon
« Reply #98 on: June 20, 2013, 09:44:08 PM »

Newvermind. I bought both of the first two plus 8 Le Chat books. So now I am up to 68 books + 1 from Paw.

RB Going broke quickly......
ip icon Logged

mr_goldenage

• VIP
message icon
« Reply #99 on: June 23, 2013, 04:35:20 AM »

9 more books came in on Friday and Saturday. I picked up two @ the post office today and the other seven hit the front door today while my sister in law was baby sitting the house. I must make a list soon. I am bordreing on close to 30 books or so by now I am sure.....

Attachment is of 1 of the Large and I do mean Large books I received today. Too big for my scanner to scan in the conventional way so I will have to scan in 2 and then stitch together, ugh! and so far there are 3 of those books I have in my possession now....sigh......

RB
ip icon Logged
Pages: 1 2 3 [4] 5 6 ... 12

Comic Book Plus In-House Image
Mission: Our mission is to present free of charge, and to the widest audience, popular cultural works of the past. These are offered as a contribution to education and lifelong learning. They reflect the attitudes, perspectives, and beliefs of different times. We do not endorse these views, which may contain content offensive to modern users.

Disclaimer: We aim to house only Public Domain content. If you suspect that any of our material may be infringing copyright, please use our contact page to let us know. So we can investigate further. Utilizing our downloadable content, is strictly at your own risk. In no event will we be liable for any loss or damage including without limitation, indirect or consequential loss or damage, or any loss or damage whatsoever arising from loss of data or profits arising out of, or in connection with, the use of this website.