in house dollar bill thumbnail
 Total: 42,782 books
 New: 213 books

small login logo

Please enter your details to login and enjoy all the fun of the fair!

Not a member? Join us here. Everything is FREE and ALWAYS will be.

Forgotten your login details? No problem, you can get your password back here.

My Pull List

Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5 6

topic icon Author Topic: My Pull List  (Read 32182 times)

mr_goldenage

• VIP
message icon
Re: My Pull List
« Reply #50 on: March 19, 2013, 01:20:17 AM »

I have no digital pull list yet. Hard copy is only Before Watchmen which has 1 book left, Masks, Black Beetle which has 2 issues left and whatever catches my fancy for the one off's. I am getting ready to buy some Moonstone books & TPB's @ a discount/volume from a local dealer to clear inventory (still a work in progress) but the digital bug hasn't bit me yet. Can't say I am "free" of the download syndrome though.

Richard @ home.
ip icon Logged

narfstar

• Administrator
message icon
« Reply #51 on: March 19, 2013, 01:48:33 AM »

Bowers did you read Mystery Society a while back? Pretty good and it is available as GN. I mention it because there is a special issue coming out this week. I have not read it but it is on my pull list and I looked forward to each issue of the original run. A not fun series, but pretty interesting is Clones. I am also really enjoying John Byrne's The High Ways a good scifi story. Once again I recommend Quantum Vibe as some good scifi and its free. Krazy Kat is considered almost high art. I don't see it. I started Before Watchment but it did not catch my fancy. My verdict is still out on Masks. I read a little of Black Beetle and may give the series a try.
ip icon Logged

SuperScrounge

• VIP
message icon
« Reply #52 on: March 19, 2013, 05:10:33 AM »

As I understand it, Krazy Kat lasted so long because it was William Randolph Hearst's favorite comic and since he owned the paper & the distribution syndicate... also his will apparently made provision for Krazy Kat to keep being printed after his death and publication continued until 1944 when George Harriman died.

I tried reading Quantum Vibe in its early days and while there was potential there I just felt it was all over the place in terms of tone and story.
ip icon Logged

paw broon

• Administrator
message icon
« Reply #53 on: March 19, 2013, 12:30:26 PM »

Mystery Society was good and I'll look out for the special.  Black Beetle should be good but I've only read #0 or whatever it was numbered. Quantum Vibe has intrigued me but finding my way to the early stuff is taking me some time i don't really have.  Signed up for a free trial on DailyInk and I will subscribe and as for Krazy Kat, it's not that I find it particularly funny, it's more how well put together the strip looks and how surreal the whole is.  Don't know if I've explained that well.
Definitely unsure of Masks, to the extent I'm unsure whether to spend more money and time on it.
Did I mention there is a Spanish comic available digitally, with new stories featuring some of the Nedor heroes?
Digitally I'm about to buy the newish Fantomas G.N. and a couple of other B.D.s from Izneo.  And I ask again, why aren't any of you reading The Scorpion - it's great stuff and available in English.  A few free pages available at Izneo.
ip icon Logged

narfstar

• Administrator
message icon
« Reply #54 on: March 20, 2013, 12:14:05 AM »

Scorpion 1 is on my reading list. I am on spring break next week and hope to give it a read.
ip icon Logged

mr_goldenage

• VIP
message icon
« Reply #55 on: March 20, 2013, 02:50:50 AM »

I like the Black Beetle. # 0, 1 & 2 have been quite good and it is suppose to only run 4 issues. Shame really. But perhaps best for the character. Lobster Johnson was ruined by continuing on instead of using a natural stopping point or two along the way that would have been a nice place to nicely tie every thing all up and stop. But if it sells run it into the ground eh?

I've so many things I have that I haven't gotten to yet comic and book wise let alone video and music wise. Just not enough time. I looked over that site Paw had mentioned and my heart melted at some of these books. Sigh. Have you seen this site yet Paw?

http://hqpoint.blogspot.com/2010/05/titulos-en-espanol-in-inglhis.html?zx=def67090be8319b0

It's a site called HQPoint its a rather nice site. As I traverse my way through Central and South America looking for comics and movies with Enmascadero's and Luchadors Y Luchadoras I ran across this site (and a few others as well <Smile>). I wish my Spanish reading skills were above the 3rd grade level. Now I am winding my way into the Eastern side of South America into Portuguese language territory.....Ugh. I dated a "greenhorn" many a decade ago and actually took a Portuguese language class in college...so maybe it will come back to me. I've already found a few Brazilian books but the books are not in PD land I do believe.

Anyways.....Digital comics will somehow worm itsway into my life I can see it now. I just have to figure out that few extra bucks to do it......stay healthy out there......

Richard @ home......

PS Anyone out there like National Kid?
ip icon Logged

narfstar

• Administrator
message icon
« Reply #56 on: March 20, 2013, 03:15:37 AM »

Well for a free read and shameless self promotion. I have posted some more on THE CHARLTON HEROES OF DERBY as well a start to Milson Fass Silver League. Two different styles for two different styles of books.
ip icon Logged

fumetti

message icon
« Reply #57 on: March 24, 2013, 03:49:09 AM »

I still have a pull list at the lcs (which isn't so local, over an hour away).  I get mostly DCs with some indies and TwoMorrows mags.

Aquaman is simply the best it's ever been.  And I say that having read everything since about 1958 (whenever Aqualad and the updated origin appeared). 

I get all the Green Lantern books except Red Lanterns.  I have no interest in blood or rage.

The Justice League has been VERY good.  The scripting of Hal, Barry, and Bats was well worth buying.  Sadly, Hal and Barry are out of the book, so I'm just buying it for Geoff Johns and Aquaman.  (I picked up the other JLA book just because of Hawkman).

I love Dynamite's Flash Gordon Zietgiest series.  And I like the new Star Wars series.

I've dumped all my Marvels.  I like the pre-80s stuff, but I'm always let down by modern.

I've tried three times to quit buying comics as a hobby, esp. new comics.  It just makes me too sad to do that. I always come back with a passion!  I just love buying them, reading them, and organizing them.  My life just isn't as good when I'm not in the hobby.

I never cared about signatures but at the LexCon in KY I got my Dr Strange #1 signed by Brunner (great guy) and my Longbow Hunters signed by Mike Grell.  Oh, and a 6-issue arc of Avengers (where the Masters of Evil did a beat down on Captain America) signed by Roger Stern. 
ip icon Logged

narfstar

• Administrator
message icon
« Reply #58 on: March 24, 2013, 02:09:59 PM »

I have got to try Aquaman. It has gotten so many recommendations. The other book I need to try is 6th Gun.
ip icon Logged

mr_goldenage

• VIP
message icon
« Reply #59 on: March 26, 2013, 01:25:39 AM »

Just 4 U Mr. NarfStar.

See attachment

By-the-way. The Package shipped today USPS priority regular which I understand is 2 to 5 days. So I would think you would have Super7 and International Crimefighers Volume # 1 by weeks end. Enjoy. Let me know when you are ready to ship back Super7.

Richard
ip icon Logged

narfstar

• Administrator
message icon
« Reply #60 on: March 26, 2013, 02:36:28 AM »

Thanks a lot Richard
ip icon Logged

mr_goldenage

• VIP
message icon
« Reply #61 on: March 26, 2013, 04:36:09 PM »

Not a problem Jim,

By-the-way....

I am working on International Crimefighters  Volume # II. Anyone like to have a shot at this one since Jim got Volume # I? Yoc? Paw? Let me know. Shipping is free to you all. & Narf, Let me know what you think of Vol. # 1.

RB @ Work.

Attachement is the crimefighter known as: Ang Maskar Ni Palos
ip icon Logged

SuperScrounge

• VIP
message icon
« Reply #62 on: March 27, 2013, 08:07:37 AM »

A shot at it? You mean like a proof-reader or something?
ip icon Logged

bowers

• Global Moderator
message icon
« Reply #63 on: March 29, 2013, 11:25:15 PM »

Just picked up "Masks" 4 today. Finally we're getting some action. Athough not on my pull list, I picked up the last issue of "Joe Kubert Presents". Didn't buy the series for "The Redeemer" feature, although it wasn't bad. Mostly bought it to see the Sam Glanzman stories- he is one of my all-time favorites! Glad to see him do a few more in his semi-retirement. Kubert's "Spit" backup was also pretty good. Had absolutely no interest in "Angel and the Ape", so didn't bother reading those. I've also been buying IDW "Popeye" reprints of old Sagendorf stories- a quick read for both me and the grandaughters. Cheers, Bowers
ip icon Logged

narfstar

• Administrator
message icon
« Reply #64 on: April 07, 2013, 11:00:38 PM »

I finally got caught up on Legend of Oz-Wild West. This is still an intrigueing series. I guess I like it because I do not know what to expect.

I was really disappointed in My?tery Society Special. I really enjoyed the mini-series. The Special is a nothing book. It has horrible art and almost no story. It lacks any of the fun of the mini also.
« Last Edit: April 08, 2013, 02:33:20 AM by narfstar »
ip icon Logged

mr_goldenage

• VIP
message icon
« Reply #65 on: April 08, 2013, 02:32:16 AM »

Nope you just get a free 8 hour DVD with a bunch of movies with a lot of guys n gals fighting crime in live action movies. Now mind you they are in different languages. If you want it ask for it. It is only 1 disk there are no others. it is one of a kind on dupes.

RB

PS free shipping

ip icon Logged

paw broon

• Administrator
message icon
« Reply #66 on: April 08, 2013, 09:07:13 AM »

Can I take you up on that offer, please Richard?

Right, pull list - or standing order if you're old-fashioned, like me.
I jumped on the bus last Thursday to visit my lcs only to find it in chaos as the order had just arrived, 2 days late because of the 2 public hols we had.  Usual Diamond mess in the boxes with titles spread over different boxes.  No rhyme nor reason to it.  See Diamond, see useless!
Eventually, I got the stuff from my folder. 
Rocketeer - Hollywood Horror 2
Black Beetle 1& 2
Comeback 5 (how confusing is this story with all the time travel and re-setting of events?  But intriguing, none the less.)
Peter Panzerfaust 10
And I picked up East of West 1 to try. Rather a lot of gore and icky bits but I think I'll be back for #2
Against my better judgement, I picked up Miss Fury 1.  (umpteen alternate covers it seems)  Having read it, I don't really know what to say.  Apart from, the best bit about it was the Green Hornet sample in the back.
ip icon Logged

narfstar

• Administrator
message icon
« Reply #67 on: April 08, 2013, 02:18:26 PM »

Thanks Paw for saving me from Miss Fury. I considered it.
ip icon Logged

mr_goldenage

• VIP
message icon
« Reply #68 on: April 08, 2013, 06:33:50 PM »

It's yours Paw, give me a shipping address please.

RB @ work

ip icon Logged

mr_goldenage

• VIP
message icon
« Reply #69 on: April 08, 2013, 08:16:22 PM »

I don't know, I found Miss Fury # 1 to be "Ok" not great but not bad. Somewhere in the middle of it all. I did enjoy the Green Hornet back up story more fun. Mask's latest issue finally gets around to doing something. I won't go into great detail as to not spoil it for those folks who have not picked up this issue yet. I cannot say enough good things about the Black Beetle. The next issue (#3) comes out on the 10th and I am so looking forward to that issue.

My take on Masks is that Dynamite is trying to rewrite the Pulp and Golden Age to fit their version/vision with the characters that are at their disposal. Of course it is hard to do without DC Et Al and Marvel/Timely characters to use but that goes without saying that it would be an issue for any one company trying to build their own universe from scratch. I give them an applaud for trying anyways, if not succeeding. But I will stick around for the ride. Same goes for Miss Fury and the Green Hornet. Maybe I will pick up the Shadow too. The Spider GN wasn't much to write home about, I think a GA Spider would have been more fun. But who am I to nit pick.

RB @ Work.
ip icon Logged

SuperScrounge

• VIP
message icon
« Reply #70 on: April 09, 2013, 07:39:16 AM »

Do the films have English subtitles?
ip icon Logged

mr_goldenage

• VIP
message icon
« Reply #71 on: April 09, 2013, 12:28:36 PM »

Some do and some do not. But mostly no.....they are in their native language.....Be adventurous......enjoy the experience of a different culture.....trust me language is not hard to overcome with these movies....if nothing else enjoy the action......ciao
ip icon Logged

SuperScrounge

• VIP
message icon
« Reply #72 on: April 10, 2013, 07:48:15 AM »

Okay.

Sent you a Private Message with my address.
ip icon Logged

mr_goldenage

• VIP
message icon
« Reply #73 on: April 10, 2013, 05:06:37 PM »

Paw Broon has asked for Vol # 2 of International Crimefighters. However he may have a few of the movies already on the disk so I am offering him an alternative disk for International Crimefighers Vol # 3 (Which is not made yet and I am going to give him a variety of choices) or he can have Vol. # 2 and you can have my "planned" Vol. # 3. Sound ok? So hang tight. It takes me about 12 days to make one of these. They are one of a kind. Cannot be played on a computer and cannot be copied. I will start Vol. # 3 this weekend or as soon as I hear from Mr. Broon, or as soon as I give him his choices (which will be tonight when I get home). Either way you will end up with a disk of amazing crimefighters!

RB @ Work
ip icon Logged

narfstar

• Administrator
message icon
« Reply #74 on: April 10, 2013, 06:26:12 PM »

I watched vol 1 on my computer
ip icon Logged
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5 6

Comic Book Plus In-House Image
Mission and Disclaimer: The mission of Comic Book Plus is to present completely free of charge, and to the widest possible audience, popular cultural works of the past. These records are offered as a contribution to education and lifelong learning. They are historical documents reflecting the attitudes, perspectives, and beliefs of different times. We at Comic Book Plus do not endorse the views expressed in these, which may contain content offensive to modern users.

We aim to house only content in the Public Domain. If you suspect that any of our material may be infringing copyright, then please use our contact page to let us know. So we can investigate further.