in house dollar bill thumbnail
Comic Book Plus In-House Image
 Total: 43,470 books
 New: 224 books

small login logo

Please enter your details to login and enjoy all the fun of the fair!

Not a member? Join us here. Everything is FREE and ALWAYS will be.

Forgotten your login details? No problem, you can get your password back here.

DarkMark's uploads redux

Pages: 1 ... 30 31 [32] 33 34 ... 44

topic icon Author Topic: DarkMark's uploads redux  (Read 282471 times)

darkmark

• VIP
message icon
Re: DarkMark's uploads redux
« Reply #775 on: June 29, 2009, 04:40:51 AM »

Yvw, Narf.  And here's some more stuff to keep you busy:  SPECIAL EDITION COMICS #1 (the real deal, not a reprint), SPY SMASHER #9 (the real one), MARVEL FAMILY #42 (I think), and three hybrid WOW COMICS I filled out (#6, 57 and 58).  They're all on the FTP.  Enjoy.
« Last Edit: June 29, 2009, 04:47:59 AM by darkmark »
ip icon Logged

narfstar

• Administrator
message icon
« Reply #776 on: June 29, 2009, 05:02:24 PM »

Thanks for the Fawcett bonanza now up DM
ip icon Logged

darkmark

• VIP
message icon
« Reply #777 on: June 30, 2009, 03:58:51 AM »

Thanks, Narf!  Now, let's see if I can remember everything I've done lately...there are improved versions of MARVEL FAMILY #49 and MASTER COMICS #118 up, plus brand-new scans of STARTLING COMICS #20 (Pyroman, Fighting Yank, Captain Future, et al) and PRIZE COMICS #30 (Yank and Doodle, Black Owl, Green Lama, Dr. Frost, and a Frankenstein story you won't believe!).  All fiche, all yours, all on the FTP.  Enjoy.
ip icon Logged

narfstar

• Administrator
message icon
« Reply #778 on: June 30, 2009, 04:13:45 AM »

Thanks DM now available
ip icon Logged

Yoc

• Past Member
message icon
« Reply #779 on: June 30, 2009, 04:31:01 AM »

Wow, that's great work, thanks DM!
:D
ip icon Logged

darkmark

• VIP
message icon
« Reply #780 on: June 30, 2009, 06:48:17 AM »

Yvw, crew.   But wait!  There's more.  I cleaned up, shrank down, and posted (I think) 7 issues of MILITARY COMICS fiche scans to the FTP (and the site link), getting all those finished off in my bad pile.  Problem is, #40 turns out to be missing pages 2 and 3 of the Blackhawk story, so if anyone's got those, please add 'em.  (And if you have reprints of those pages, send 'em to me!)  Also, I posted a partial of an issue that just has the Blackhawk and Torchy stories, not my scans, but we didn't have 'em.  So at least we have better-looking and easier-to-handle scans for these.  Enjoy.
ip icon Logged

darkmark

• VIP
message icon
« Reply #781 on: June 30, 2009, 08:58:59 AM »

Lastly, I've uploaded some more...PRIZE COMICS #30, hybridized by me and Fredddyfly; a complete version of Freddyfly's JUNGLE COMICS; and an improved MARVEL FAMILY.  That's it.  I'm going to bed.  Enjoy.
ip icon Logged

Yoc

• Past Member
message icon
« Reply #782 on: June 30, 2009, 03:10:15 PM »

Thanks DM.  Now up!
And another thanks for using the UPLOAD link on the site!  :)

One note, could you please try to use the same file name standard as the other books already on the site?
I've corrected them so far so they all fall in numerical order.  Your old names would have appeared at the end of all the others out of order.

It's not a huge deal but matching the others would help out us mods when adding them to the site.

Thanks again!
:D
ip icon Logged

narfstar

• Administrator
message icon
« Reply #783 on: June 30, 2009, 03:40:26 PM »

Freddyfly has gotten good at the proper naming thing if we could just get him to let us know when he has uploaded.
ip icon Logged

Yoc

• Past Member
message icon
« Reply #784 on: June 30, 2009, 04:49:28 PM »

True, and perhaps give credit to original scanners while avoiding scans not allowed on the site.
I just check the unapproved files section everyday and there's usually something waiting from him.
His pt 1 of 'All Great 1944' didn't work so I uploaded the missing pages but they wont look the same as GU's pt2.

-Yoc
ip icon Logged

darkmark

• VIP
message icon
« Reply #785 on: June 30, 2009, 07:52:54 PM »

Thanks, guys.  Just uploaded new, slimmed-down versions of MARVEL FAMILY #53-55 to the FTP.  All fiche, all yours.  Enjoy.

ETA:  Also uploading a cleaned-up version of MARVEL FAMILY #59.  I think with about 9 more, we'll have this title taken care of.
« Last Edit: June 30, 2009, 08:16:24 PM by darkmark »
ip icon Logged

Yoc

• Past Member
message icon
« Reply #786 on: June 30, 2009, 08:56:11 PM »

All up, thanks DM.
ip icon Logged

narfstar

• Administrator
message icon
« Reply #787 on: July 01, 2009, 01:58:27 AM »

DM your awesome. Between you and Powder the Fawcett is going to run dry as in all used up present and accounted for. The superheroes at least. Still lots of romance, etc to go
ip icon Logged

darkmark

• VIP
message icon
« Reply #788 on: July 01, 2009, 06:22:24 AM »

Thanks, Narf, but there's still a BUNCH of Fawcett hero stuff we haven't covered.  One-shots like ALL HERO and CRIME SMASHER, 37 issues of CAP JR., and the like.  But we're making progress!
ip icon Logged

darkmark

• VIP
message icon
« Reply #789 on: July 01, 2009, 07:25:26 AM »

On the FTP we now have an improved-fiche version of MARVEL FAMILY #60 and a corrected-numbering version of MARVEL FAMILY #61.  Go get 'em, Narf.
ip icon Logged

Yoc

• Past Member
message icon
« Reply #790 on: July 01, 2009, 04:21:00 PM »

Now up, thanks DM.
Say, there are some Marvel Family books which could use a hybrid version (MF 65)
or could be merged into one file (MF 47, 66) if you had some time.
:)
ip icon Logged

darkmark

• VIP
message icon
« Reply #791 on: July 01, 2009, 06:48:37 PM »

I'll see what I can do.  But what do you mean about those two being "merged into one file"?
ip icon Logged

Yoc

• Past Member
message icon
« Reply #792 on: July 01, 2009, 07:33:24 PM »

Some missing pages for MF47 and MF66 were uploaded separately so we have the bulk of the book for each in one file and just the missing pgs in another.  The two could be merged into on c2c file.

Ah, I see you've already done it!  Thanks DM!
:) :D ;D
« Last Edit: July 01, 2009, 07:37:27 PM by Yoc »
ip icon Logged

darkmark

• VIP
message icon
« Reply #793 on: July 01, 2009, 07:46:04 PM »

Well, rather than that, I'm uploading c2c paper scans I've already done (one is on the FTP) of those issues, and I've hybridized the one in question.  Plus I've added two more improved fiche versions.  Now we've got new uploads of MARVEL FAMILY #47 and 65-68.  Won't be much longer before we have this puppy done.
ip icon Logged

Yoc

• Past Member
message icon
« Reply #794 on: July 01, 2009, 07:56:29 PM »

Ah, perhaps if you are doing new scans of a book already on the site from someone else could you add (new scans) in the title?
Just so I don't delete the old one thinking yours is a re-edit.

Your uploads going live shortly.
:)
ip icon Logged

Yoc

• Past Member
message icon
« Reply #795 on: July 01, 2009, 08:05:04 PM »

Hey DM,
We already have a paper scan you uploaded of MF 68, no point in adding your fiche scan don't you think?
ip icon Logged

darkmark

• VIP
message icon
« Reply #796 on: July 02, 2009, 08:18:00 AM »

Thanks, Yoc.   I've just uploaded the last 4 Marvel Familys by site link:  #80 and 83-85.  Enjoy.  On to Master Comics!
ip icon Logged

darkmark

• VIP
message icon
« Reply #797 on: July 02, 2009, 09:27:58 AM »

As a prelude, I've uploaded hybridized c2c versions of two issues of MASTER COMICS by me (fiche) and dpdodson (paper) to the FTP.  Enjoy.
ip icon Logged

Yoc

• Past Member
message icon
« Reply #798 on: July 02, 2009, 06:49:01 PM »

Thanks DM.
I didn't add your Marvel Family 084 (fiche) as I figured you might want to merge with the 18pgs that GU just added first.

-Yoc
ip icon Logged

darkmark

• VIP
message icon
« Reply #799 on: July 02, 2009, 07:05:19 PM »

Where are the pages he added?
ip icon Logged
Pages: 1 ... 30 31 [32] 33 34 ... 44

Mission: Our mission is to present free of charge, and to the widest audience, popular cultural works of the past. These are offered as a contribution to education and lifelong learning. They reflect the attitudes, perspectives, and beliefs of different times. We do not endorse these views, which may contain content offensive to modern users.

Disclaimer: We aim to house only Public Domain content. If you suspect that any of our material may be infringing copyright, please use our contact page to let us know. So we can investigate further. Utilizing our downloadable content, is strictly at your own risk. In no event will we be liable for any loss or damage including without limitation, indirect or consequential loss or damage, or any loss or damage whatsoever arising from loss of data or profits arising out of, or in connection with, the use of this website.