in house dollar bill thumbnail
 Total: 42,817 books
 New: 194 books

small login logo

Please enter your details to login and enjoy all the fun of the fair!

Not a member? Join us here. Everything is FREE and ALWAYS will be.

Forgotten your login details? No problem, you can get your password back here.

How did you find us?

Pages: 1 ... 40 41 [42] 43 44

topic icon Author Topic: How did you find us?  (Read 256419 times)

Brian043

message icon
Re: How did you find us?
« Reply #1025 on: May 22, 2021, 05:27:40 PM »

I found your site through the Internet while browsing for info on the Greyfriars School stories written by Frank Richards in the Magnet comic. I could not believe that EVERY issue of the Magnet can be found and read on here.
My favourite superheroes when I was a boy were Robin and Captain Marvel Junior. I always read the Beano, the Topper and when I got older the Wizard. 
ip icon Logged

Andrew999

message icon
« Reply #1026 on: May 22, 2021, 08:17:04 PM »

Welcome Brian - you are amongst friends here! I'm also a big Bunter fan - in fact, I even model my diet on him!
ip icon Logged

The Australian Panther

• VIP
message icon
« Reply #1027 on: May 23, 2021, 01:30:59 AM »

Welcome Brian and happy reading!
ip icon Logged

Dick PC

message icon
« Reply #1028 on: May 25, 2021, 03:55:41 AM »

Hi folks,
My name is Dick and I found this wonderful database/forum while looking at pre-code horror comics.
A great site that I'll be visiting often.
ip icon Logged

Andrew999

message icon
« Reply #1029 on: May 25, 2021, 04:09:04 AM »

Hi Dick - there's loads to enjoy here - so welcome!
ip icon Logged

The Australian Panther

• VIP
message icon
« Reply #1030 on: May 25, 2021, 04:12:27 AM »

G'day Dick. There are plenty of precode horror comics here.
Much to enjoy!
ip icon Logged

sherif sharmy

message icon
« Reply #1031 on: August 11, 2021, 12:35:14 AM »

Hi to all,
I found the site because I love comics and since I was 6 I used to buy it. I have over 3000 at home. I kept digging in the net until i found what i was looking for. Great site and great gang. This is my picture
ip icon Logged

The Australian Panther

• VIP
message icon
« Reply #1032 on: August 11, 2021, 01:01:49 AM »

Welcome sherif sharmy!

Jump in and enjoy!

Now the question has to be, is there an Egyptian comic scene?

Please enlighten us, and if you can supply links, please do! 
« Last Edit: August 11, 2021, 01:05:32 AM by The Australian Panther »
ip icon Logged

sherif sharmy

message icon
« Reply #1033 on: August 11, 2021, 11:14:53 PM »

Good day to all. Yes, there is Egyptian comics here............too many magazines. I will try to pick some and scan it. By the way, as I am new fella..........what are the comic books? I have a lot of books for kids as I have a son and daughter and used to buy them plenty. Let me know. Also, does anybody know MUTT AND JEFF?
Greeting to all from Cairo. Here is my family picture
Sherif Sharmy
ip icon Logged

The Australian Panther

• VIP
message icon
« Reply #1034 on: August 11, 2021, 11:30:44 PM »

Sherif,

I will try to pick some and scan it.

The books on this site are PD -which means, in the public domain, which means no company has a copyright on them as that has run  out in the country where they were printed. So they are all very old.
If they are new, they can't be scanned to Comic Book plus.

But please tell us about Egyptian comic books in your posts. We want to learn.

By the way, as I am new fella..........what are the comic books?

I don't understand this question. We may have a translation problem here.

Thank you.
ip icon Logged

Robb_K

• VIP
message icon
« Reply #1035 on: August 11, 2021, 11:57:46 PM »

Good day to all. Yes, there is Egyptian comics here............too many magazines. I will try to pick some and scan it. By the way, as I am new fella..........what are the comic books? I have a lot of books for kids as I have a son and daughter and used to buy them plenty. Let me know. Also, does anybody know MUTT AND JEFF?
Sherif Sharmy

I know that Egypt has had a Disney comic book series, as I've had 5 of my own Donald Duck stories printed in their Mickey Mouse Comic book.  I imagine that they have many of the popular American and European, and Arab World comic books.  I collect the older US Mutt & Jeff comic books from the 1940s and 1950s.
ip icon Logged

sherif sharmy

message icon
« Reply #1036 on: August 12, 2021, 12:54:26 AM »

I have plenty of the Arabic Mickey magazine and could scan some if you want. Cheers
ip icon Logged
Comic Book Plus In-House Image

Robb_K

• VIP
message icon
« Reply #1037 on: August 12, 2021, 03:57:26 PM »

I have plenty of the Arabic Mickey magazine and could scan some if you want. Cheers

I collect foreign copies of my stories, so I would love to get scans of my Egyptian printings.  I'll send you a personal message on this website's My Messages Box facility and we can go from there.

PS: I lived and worked in Luxor for a few years, in Jordan for 6, Syria, Morocco and Sudan.  But that was in the 1970s and early 1980s, before I started comic book work.  So, I haven't been back to buy my Egyptian printings.  I sent a list of them to you in a personal message to your Comic Book Plus My Messages box.
                                                                                                                                                                     شكرا جزيلا لعرضك الكريم

Sorry, the font size tool won't allow large font size of Arabic characters to be displayed starting from their proper right side of the message box.  I can only get it to the right side if it is a tiny font size or a very short number of characters.  And I can't use a period, because when I place it at the correct left end of the sentence, the program relocates it to the right side.

« Last Edit: August 18, 2021, 04:21:20 AM by Robb_K »
ip icon Logged

sherif sharmy

message icon
« Reply #1038 on: August 13, 2021, 12:26:34 PM »

I will upload as much as I can. Also, I have 23 binders of comics and over 200 separate issues. I found that these are decaying so I must, in a hurry, scan them all. Anyway, expect something new soon. I am now uploading a file called MUTT AND JEFF.
I have trying to locate any software to convert PDF to CBR or CBZ but failed. Do you have any idea how to do so. Please let me know
Cheers
Sherif Sharmy
ip icon Logged

The Australian Panther

• VIP
message icon
« Reply #1039 on: August 13, 2021, 01:16:21 PM »

This one works well and can be downloaded into your Browser.
https://document.online-convert.com/

Bujt really, Just do a search engine search for
convert PDF to CBR or CBZ and select the software
« Last Edit: August 21, 2021, 03:00:36 AM by The Australian Panther »
ip icon Logged

Robb_K

• VIP
message icon
« Reply #1040 on: August 21, 2021, 12:47:03 AM »

Sherif Sharmy   

Hi Sherif,
We have NO "Mutt and Jeff" comic books on this website, that I could find, as most of them are NOT in The Public Domain.  But Digital Comics Museum just got Mutt and Jeff No. 9, a 1924 hard-bound Book compilation of the newspaper comic strip.  Many, if not most of the scanners, who scan comics to that website, also upload them to CB+; so we should be seeing that one uploaded here reasonably soon.  I assume that it includes daily strips from all of 1923.  I read through it, and they are really funny and very nice early artwork.  I'm glad at least those particular compilation books are PD.

The book has arrived here, and is available for downloading.  You can find it here: 

https://comicbookplus.com/?dlid=79118

And the good news is that we have 3 of The early Cupples and Leon Mutt and Jeff newspaper strip compilation books, altogether.
« Last Edit: August 26, 2021, 05:19:22 AM by Robb_K »
ip icon Logged

Doug Bentin

message icon
« Reply #1041 on: August 26, 2021, 01:27:53 AM »

Went searching for public domain comics as I realized that most modern comics just aren't much fun. Used a basic search. If it took much savvy to do you, I'd been been out of luck.
ip icon Logged

The Australian Panther

• VIP
message icon
« Reply #1042 on: August 26, 2021, 01:34:34 AM »

Well Doug,

It seems that you were in luck! So welcome to CB+ - dig in and enjoy!

Can I ask, where are you from?

Cheers!
« Last Edit: August 26, 2021, 11:42:06 PM by The Australian Panther »
ip icon Logged

narfstar

• Administrator
message icon
« Reply #1043 on: August 26, 2021, 02:35:18 PM »

Welcome Doug. Other than AC Comics I get no new paper comics because, I agree, they are not fun. The indy scene has everything though. I am the editor and chief of InDELLible Comics the revival of Dell Comics. Back to fun comics and like the Golden Age stuff with multi-genre anthologies. Check us out www.indelliblecomics.com
ip icon Logged

paw broon

• Administrator
message icon
« Reply #1044 on: August 26, 2021, 05:15:39 PM »

Hello Doug and welcome to CB+. Glad you found your way here.
"most modern comics just aren't much fun"
I'd go along with that.
Lots to discover and read, so get going, and please join in the conversations.
ip icon Logged

kalel2996

message icon
« Reply #1045 on: January 09, 2022, 03:20:04 AM »

Hello from Bristol,TN
I found your website while i was looking for the old pulp magazine Amazing stories march 1948 Gods of Venus story!There is a bunch of great stuff on here!I  collect comic books Love to listen to old radio shows and love to watch the old movie serials,old scifi and horror movies,as well as just about all types of movies.Do you have any radio shows of the Air adventures of Jimmy Allen,and any of the old EC horror comics and mad magazines,and any old radio program guides?And thank you guys for having a cool website like comic book plus!!
« Last Edit: January 09, 2022, 03:50:18 AM by kalel2996 »
ip icon Logged

The Australian Panther

• VIP
message icon
« Reply #1046 on: January 09, 2022, 04:02:33 AM »

Welcome kalel2996.

any of the old EC horror comics and mad magazines
These are not [PD] public domain, so we can't host them  :( , but look around the site for some of the rest.  8)

Cheers!

ip icon Logged

willb1414

message icon
« Reply #1047 on: January 29, 2022, 12:05:33 AM »

Hi,

I found you thru a link posted by the New York Public Library for a discussion of Matt Baker's Phantom Lady.
ip icon Logged

The Australian Panther

• VIP
message icon
« Reply #1048 on: January 29, 2022, 01:29:32 AM »

willb1414,
welcome aboard.

Plenty here to enjoy!

Are you in NY or elsewhere? 
ip icon Logged

ChildhoodHeart

message icon
« Reply #1049 on: January 29, 2022, 03:47:47 PM »

Google . . .

Looking forward to perusing.  I'm 57 and have three older siblings, so I grew up with their interests as well as my own.  I'd be on the lookout for the latest Spiderman, Daredevil, Fantastic Four and Defenders titles (along with the never-ending fascination with horror, i.e. Famous Monsters of Filmland...)...but equally drawn to the old circa late 50's early 60's stuff my siblings had laying around.  Good times!  Cheers, y'all!
ip icon Logged
Pages: 1 ... 40 41 [42] 43 44

Comic Book Plus In-House Image
Mission: Our mission is to present free of charge, and to the widest audience, popular cultural works of the past. These are offered as a contribution to education and lifelong learning. They reflect the attitudes, perspectives, and beliefs of different times. We do not endorse these views, which may contain content offensive to modern users.

Disclaimer: We aim to house only Public Domain content. If you suspect that any of our material may be infringing copyright, please use our contact page to let us know. So we can investigate further. Utilizing our downloadable content, is strictly at your own risk. In no event will we be liable for any loss or damage including without limitation, indirect or consequential loss or damage, or any loss or damage whatsoever arising from loss of data or profits arising out of, or in connection with, the use of this website.