in house dollar bill thumbnail
 Total: 42,820 books
 New: 185 books

small login logo

Please enter your details to login and enjoy all the fun of the fair!

Not a member? Join us here. Everything is FREE and ALWAYS will be.

Forgotten your login details? No problem, you can get your password back here.

Weekly GA Related Swag

Pages: 1 ... 4 5 [6] 7 8 ... 18

topic icon Author Topic: Weekly GA Related Swag  (Read 138152 times)

narfstar

• Administrator
message icon
Re: Weekly GA Related Swag
« Reply #125 on: September 17, 2010, 06:50:05 PM »

Green Hornet seven was good. Only one issue of the series seemed to stress the movie bumbler so the series has been pretty decent. I have not read the annual yet
ip icon Logged

boox909

• VIP
message icon
« Reply #126 on: September 23, 2010, 03:22:17 PM »

I've given up hopes of going through the backlog...so I'll pick up fresh from here after.

I strongly suspect that Justice Society of America Special #1 was originally slated to be Magog Special #1, however, DC realized that a Magog special would sell significantly less copies than a JSA special. The Outsiders or Inferior Five could have been the guest stars in what is squarely a Magog storyline, and the book would have been the book end to the very ridiculousness of Magog. Recommended for the JSA nuts like myself who can't sleep at night unless they buy buy whatever the JSA book of the week is.  ::) Everyone else should tread with caution.

Steve Rogers: Super-Solider #3 (of 4), continues the excellent storyline pitting Rogers against the somewhat buffoonish Machinesmith. Brubaker shows why he is a master craftsman in this series. Recommended.

Captain America: Patriot #1 (of 4), is a sound successor to "The Marvels Project"! The artwork of Mitch and Bettie Breitweiser is beyond any expectations; it rings of Gene Colan, but with its own stylish execution! Karl Kesel's storycraft is a home-run! Yes, I am raving about this one. The Invaders, The Liberty Legion, The All-Winners Squad; it will be difficult for anyone to read this first issue without being excited for what is to come. Speaking of that: http://networkedblogs.com/8edui -- provides a first look at CA:P #3. Enjoy. A must-have recommendation!

B.
« Last Edit: September 30, 2010, 03:30:30 AM by boox909 »
ip icon Logged

josemas

• VIP & JVJ Project Member
message icon
« Reply #127 on: September 25, 2010, 02:46:40 PM »

I strongly suspect that Justice Society of America Special #1 was originally slated to be Magog Special #1, however, DC realized that a Magog special would sell significantly less copies than a JSA special. The Outsiders or Inferior Five could have been the guest stars in what is squarely a Magog storyline, and the book would have been the book end to the very ridiculousness of Magog. Recommended for the JSA nuts like myself who can't sleep at night unless they buy buy whatever the JSA book of the week is.  ::) Everyone else should tread with caution.

Well DC got me too.  I'm also a big JSA fan but really can't stand Magog and only picked it up because of the rest of the gang being in the comic.

Joe
ip icon Logged

boox909

• VIP
message icon
« Reply #128 on: September 30, 2010, 03:29:57 AM »

Captain America: Patriot #2 (of 4) maintains the sold craftsmanship of #1 and takes it to a new level! I simply cannot say enough good things about Karl Kesel's writing here. The glorious artwork of Mitch & Bettie Breitweiser simply should not be missed. While DC (and most sadly) muddles about trying to fit the spirit of its Golden Age within banal formulas of Crisis-Hypertime-Zero Hour-52 lunacies, Marvel emerges as the clear model for breathing new life into one's Golden Age while being respectful and totally exciting at the same time. Yes, I am drooling; but this book is the clear successor to The Marvels Project (and it is better, no lie). Recommended with full fanboy abandonment.

Captain America# 610 continues the standard Ed Brubaker excellence, with the never boring art of Butch Guice. 'Bucky Cap' battles 'Zemo Jr.', while Cap, Black Widow, and Falcon rush to save whatever is left of his hind. The Nomad backup concludes on a good note also. Recommended for Cap junkies!

Justice Society of America #43 ties up The Dark Things storyline in one of the best epilogues of the year. James Robinson delivers a solid clean up, while hinting at potential story lines for the future. A 'must have' for JSA nuts!  ;D

DC: Firstwave #4 (of 6) dazzles with Brian Azzarello and the most amazing Rags Morales. I really like this series and it has not disappointed; I only wish that DC would give Firstwave-Batman his own title. Btw jungle femme fans, Rima The Jungle Girl cameos in this issue!

In other news, solicitations are out for Northern Guard #2 (Canada's GA heroes), Erik Larsen's Next Issue Project: Crack Comics #63 -- and did you know that Dark Horse is going to release a collection of Frank Frazetta's White Indian in early 2011? Dark Horse is also releasing an archive volume of  The Occult Files of Doctor Spektor, and a new The Mighty Samson title slated to appear later this year.

So much comic awesome is on the horizon -- oh, a new Green Hornet: Kato also came out today.

That's it for me, looking forward to everyone else's input.  ;D ;D ;D

B.
« Last Edit: September 30, 2010, 03:35:48 AM by boox909 »
ip icon Logged

narfstar

• Administrator
message icon
« Reply #129 on: September 30, 2010, 10:51:43 AM »

Man I hope they do not screw up the Might Samson title. I really loved that series
ip icon Logged

josemas

message icon
« Reply #130 on: September 30, 2010, 01:26:34 PM »

In other news, solicitations are out for Northern Guard #2 (Canada's GA heroes), Erik Larsen's Next Issue Project: Crack Comics #63 -- and did you know that Dark Horse is going to release a collection of Frank Frazetta's White Indian in early 2011? Dark Horse is also releasing an archive volume of  The Occult Files of Doctor Spektor, and a new The Mighty Samson title slated to appear later this year.

Update- I just read in the latest CSN that Dark Horse has backed off their plans to reprint the Frazetta White Indian stories.   Vanguard apparently had also made such plans and Dark Horse is going to let them reprint the Frazetta stories in one volume.   Dark Horse will then release a second volume reprinting all the post Frazetta Dan Brand/White Indian stories.

I look forward to Image's latest Next Issue Project with mixed feelings as I found the two previous issues to vary greatly in what appealed to me.

My favorite snag at the my local comic shop this week was the TPB from Dark Horse reprinting the first 7 issues of Doctor Solar, Man of the Atom published by Gold Key/Western in the early 1960s.  Most of the stories in this volume I've never read so I'm really looking forward to it.

Biggest disappointment this week at the shop was learning that Marvel's Atlas has (once again) been canceled.  It was the last Marvel title that I was still getting regularly.  Oh well maybe they'll bring them back in a mini-series or something.

Best

Joe

ip icon Logged

narfstar

• Administrator
message icon
« Reply #131 on: September 30, 2010, 03:12:58 PM »

Avengers Next was the last thing I got regularly from Marvel. Of course cancelled. I have all the original Solar and Magnus and Mighty Samson
ip icon Logged

paw broon

• Administrator
message icon
« Reply #132 on: October 01, 2010, 03:07:34 PM »

As with a couple of others, I've been neglecting new comics because of family problems.  But yesterday, I jumped on the bus to Stirling to visit my local comic shop for the first time in about a month.  Picked up some newish Green Hornet, (have you seen the G.H annual - it was so expensive, I left it on the shelf) Black Cat 3, which was entertaining and good fun and some other titles which I haven't read yet (Late with my Italian homework, which I should be finishing instead of doing this.  The class is in a few hours)  However, I need a good moan.  I started reading Cap. Swing and The Sixth Gun a few months ago and got as far as #2 in each.  Now there doesn't seem to have been a #3 for these comics.  Really annoying and frustrating.  If any of you can tell me if any after  #2 have been published, I'd be grateful.
Also, it occured to me that I'd like a wee section on old comics that we might have bought recently - not just ebay finds.  I go to marts  (not that are many here now) and do buy old comics and not only American ones. And my wife and I are going to Palma de Mallorca next week for a holiday and I'll be round the street market and the comic shops trying to dig out old Spanish titles that tickle my fancy.  I'd enjoy boring you with my finds.  If any.
ip icon Logged

Astaldo711

message icon
« Reply #133 on: October 01, 2010, 03:25:20 PM »

We'd love to see some of your finds paw!
ip icon Logged

bowers

• Global Moderator
message icon
« Reply #134 on: October 03, 2010, 10:27:57 PM »

Paw, I'm also waiting for Capt. Swing! I picked up a one-shot(?) reprint of Gold Key's first issue of Magnus. Didn't really need it, but I'm a sucker for supporting reprints of the Gold and Silver Age heroes. Also picked up some DC war comics, new stories of old characters. (See Boox's post elsewhere for the issues and a critique) Still haven't been able to find the second issues of Solar or Magnus. Also grabbed up my usual Disneys- maybe the granddaughters will let me read them sometime. Cheers, Bowers
ip icon Logged

paw broon

• Administrator
message icon
« Reply #135 on: October 04, 2010, 08:16:16 AM »

Yes, it does seem to have vanished.
Read Birds of Prey #5 and that will be my last issue as, once again, I find myself frustrated and annoyed that everything has to be about the end of everything and everything has to be more emotional or deadly or shocking than what has gone before.  And DC changed the artist.  Fun while it lasted but becoming too heavy (and expensive)  There are so many old comics I can spend my money on.
ip icon Logged

boox909

• VIP
message icon
« Reply #136 on: October 07, 2010, 03:26:48 AM »

Hi gang! A short list for me this week!

Captain America: Forever Allies #3 (of 4) -- features Cap-Bucky's ongoing battle against Lady Lotus. Reflections of the Golden Age Young Allies appear through out in this entertaining story from comics legend Roger Stern.

Marvelman Family's Finest #4 (of 6) -- a fresh collection of reprints from Captain Marvel's British successor and company fill this edition. A must have...no, seriously. Go buy it!  ;D

The Green Hornet: Golden Age Remastered #3 (of 5) -- Golden Age action from The Green Hornet! The stories in this issue are from The Green Hornet Comics #2 (circa 1940), and thus presents one of the earliest looks at this famed character! Recommended.

That's all I got! Looking forward to addition input from ya'll!  ;D

B.
ip icon Logged
Comic Book Plus In-House Image

boox909

• VIP
message icon
« Reply #137 on: October 12, 2010, 03:06:36 AM »

One of the best fan produced efforts featuring: The Whizzer & Captain America!

http://www.alliesmovie.com/

ip icon Logged

boox909

• VIP
message icon
« Reply #138 on: October 14, 2010, 01:41:31 AM »

Still early in the week, so I need to read some more, but here is what I picked up today at the local shop.

Dark Horse
Turok: Son of Stone #1
Magnus: Robot Fighter #2

DC
The Mighty Crusaders #4 (of 6)
Knight and Squire #1 (of 6) (for its cameo of JSA's Ted Grant Wildcat)

Dynamite
Warlord of Mars #1 (Burroughs derived of course.)
A new Green Hornet book is out also, but I forget which...

Moonstone
Air-Fighters with Airboy #2 (Yes, #2!! I am beyond excited!)

Marvel
Invaders Now! #2 (of 5)

More after I read some of these.  ;D

B.

ip icon Logged

josemas

message icon
« Reply #139 on: October 14, 2010, 10:03:51 AM »

Among the goodies picked up yesterday were:

The JSA 80-PAGE GIANT 2010 which features 7 short stories most of them written by writers that I am unfamiliar with so will just hope for the best story-wise.  I did like some of the art within as I skimmed through it earlier so at least that is a plus (which is much needed after the bad taste left in my head by the recent JSA Special featuring Magog).

Harvey Comics Treasury Volume 2 (featuring Hot Stuff, Stumbo, and Herman and Katnip)which follows closely on the heels of Volume 1 which featured Casper, Spooky, Wendy and friends.   I'm liking these color reprints of the classic Harvey comics material from Dark Horse (they are formatted exactly like their reprints of John Stanley's Little Lulu) but really wish they would provide credits as to where the stories reprinted originated from. 

Best

Joe
ip icon Logged

narfstar

• Administrator
message icon
« Reply #140 on: October 14, 2010, 10:48:54 PM »

How does Turok look boox?
ip icon Logged

boox909

• VIP
message icon
« Reply #141 on: October 15, 2010, 03:54:05 AM »

How does Turok look boox?

Its on my list of books to read soon. I still have to read Air-Fighters, but I saved Magnus, Turok, and Warlord of Mars for last.

This weekend for sure. I have some stuff that Menticide sent to catch up on also.

B.
ip icon Logged

bowers

• Global Moderator
message icon
« Reply #142 on: October 16, 2010, 09:15:36 PM »

Picked a pile of comics this morning- Green Hornet GA-3, Magnus 2, Marvelman 4, Warlord of Mars 1, Turok 1, and my usual Disneys. So far i've only read Turok and Warlord. I enjoyed Turok, for the most part. Very good script from Shooter, but I felt the art was just a bit too "cartoony". The reprint of the first Dell Turok story was also a plus. Warlord was only a few pages long, but cost only a buck! Seems to be sort of a prequel or character intro for future issues. I really liked the art, though it might not be to everyone's taste. Four covers to choose from- Ross, Jusko, Campbell, or Parrilo. Think I'll be buying the next few issues to see if they follow ERB's storyline or if they try to "upgrade" it. I just picked up my granddaughters a while ago, so won't be able to finish the rest for awhile. Cheers, Bowers
ip icon Logged

narfstar

• Administrator
message icon
« Reply #143 on: October 17, 2010, 01:25:41 AM »

Read the sixth issue of Executive Assistant Iris which ended the first story arc. I look forward to the next although I suspect I know what will be revealed at the start of it. I have not seen any indication that Iris will be compiled in TP so if you want it you will need to pick up back issues. I recommend it but you need to start from the beginning.
I thought Warlord of Mars got off to a fair start although the art could have been better inside. The covers are fantastic.
Turok look pretty promising I enjoyed the first issue. Already have a reprint of the original first issue.
Teen Titans/Little Archie was a fun read.
Magnus is still rockin'
ip icon Logged

narfstar

• Administrator
message icon
« Reply #144 on: October 20, 2010, 12:03:16 PM »

I continue to enjoy Green Hornet and GH year one. Black Hornet story line is about to conclude. Issue 8 begins with a great Alex Ross cover and an even better fantastic Greg Horn cover. It ends like an episode of the old Batman TV show. Will GH and Kato escape to survive? Tune in next month to find out. I do not like the art on the inside of Year One but I buy for story and still like it. I still find myself enjoying the Kato books even more than the GH books.
ip icon Logged

josemas

message icon
« Reply #145 on: October 21, 2010, 11:22:15 AM »

Some of this week's goodies picked up at my LCS:

Alter Ego #97-which contains:
The last part of Jim Amash's multi-issue George Kashdan interview (love the previously unpublished Golden Age Joe Kubert illo of the Seven Soldiers of Victory showcased among the many illustration in this interview).
A 31 page (also well illustrated) look at the non-EC horror comics of the 1950s by Lawrence Watt-Evans.
Plus the usual assortment of always interesting features.  I'll be digging into this one soon.

Just in time for Halloween comes Dick Briefer's Frankenstein from Craig Yoe and IDW.  A 148 page hardcover that reprints Prize Comics #7, 8 & 9 and Frankenstein #1, 8, 15, 20, 24, 28 & 31.  Yoe also provides a nicely illustrated into to the collection.  This is supposed to be the first volume in his Chilling Archives of Horror Comics.

Among the regular comics picked up were:

JLA #50-I'm hoping that now that he's (hopefully) through having to deal with the distractions of DC's latest overblown extravaganza (Brightest Day) James Robinson can began to work his magic on this title.

Justice League: Generation Lost #11-despite its being tied to the aforementioned Brightest Day I've been generally enjoying this series.

DCU Legacies #8-I've been mostly enjoying DC's latest reboot of their mythos.

Kick-Ass 2 #1-Given the sporadic releasing of the first series I'll probably be putting this aside until the whole series is finished before I read it which I almost always do with mini-series anyway.  This is why I kept putting aside all my Astro City comics back in 2004 when the Astro City Dark Age Preview issue came out and didn't read any of them until Busiek and company finally finished up the storyline earlier this year. 

Adventure Comics #519 and Legion of Super-Heroes #6-I only read Legion stories sporadically when I was a kid in the 1960s but followed them regularly from 1970 until 1977 (when I cut way back on my comic buying). 
Now it's always been a favorite of my wife's (yes my wife actually reads some comics too!) so we have all (or nearly all) of the issues published since the late 1960s (plus the DC Archives covering their adventures up to that point) so I would occasionally look them over as the years passed but it wasn't until a couple of years ago that I started reading it again.  I started first by slowly working my way through the Archives from the beginning and went from there to reading their current adventures. 
That said I'm finding the Archives goofy fun (I'm up to John Forte's last year on the series) and think that Paul Levitz is doing a good job with the characters in his return to writing with the new stories.  Although I'm still not real familiar with the current artists the art itself has been generally pretty good too.   

Best

Joe

ip icon Logged

narfstar

• Administrator
message icon
« Reply #146 on: October 21, 2010, 11:58:42 AM »

Joe I just read through the Dark Thing arc in JLA/JSA. While there are some things I really liked there were more reasons to cancel. Other than DCU:Legacies, which I have very much enjoyed the capsule history of the DCU, the only DC I get are JLA/JSA. It has become too much like trying to follow the LSH. I am no longer in touch with the broader DC Universe and have lost connection with most of the heroes. I am reading along and here is this Miss Martian character. Most of the JLA is former Teen Titans. Starheart is part of OA history and there are multi-color rings.

Probably the hardest thing for me is the lack of distinct identity. I thought Crisis was a mistake and was hoping the reverse Crisis return of the multi-verse would bring back the fun. There is way to much interchangeability between the JLA/JSA. I loved the annual time when the multiverse allowed the crossover. Now they are right around the corner from each other and can visit anytime. The JSA has lost is "character" that made it so much fun for me. Time progression in comics is not completely static. Now we have grown up Teen Titans hoping over to the JLA. Again a loss of character and identity for the titles. Throw in whose the Flash, Barry or Wally and whose Batman, Dick or Bruce and I am about to give up.
ip icon Logged

boox909

• VIP
message icon
« Reply #147 on: October 21, 2010, 03:05:52 PM »

Probably the hardest thing for me is the lack of distinct identity. I thought Crisis was a mistake and was hoping the reverse Crisis return of the multi-verse would bring back the fun.

Narf,

I actually agree with you. I blame the situation on the post-52 events. While there is an Earth-1 & Earth-2, etc., that DC could utilize, instead we are visited with this "New DC Earth" which has the flimsiest continuity that I have ever seen in the DC Universe. I try to keep in mind that the JSA we are given today is the "New DC Earth" version and neither Earth-1 nor Earth-2 ... that makes the constant trip of trying to figure out what happened to whom and such or what "still is" not as bad as it could be.

For example, consider the recent JSA 80-Page Special 2010. I knew that "New DC Earth" had made it canon that Obsidian had come out as a gay male. The JSA Special took things a step further and reveals that not only is Obsidian gay, he is also either married or in a civil union. Fair enough, but is Obsidian gay and married on Earth-1 and on Earth-2, like he is on "New DC Earth" ... seriously, given the recent storylines in "New DC Earth" JSA, where/when did Obsidian even find time to find a husband/partner on "New DC Earth"?! He was a black ball for a while, and a lump the rest of the time! I'm supposed to believe that he had the time to find a mate and build a relationship? When?! DC should not tell me that "it is comics" because "it is comics" is killing anything close to an agreed upon standard continuity where "New DC Earth" is concerned. While Jade is quasi-resurrected on "New DC Earth" is she still dead on Earth-1; because she is clearly human-alive on Earth-2.

Additionally, consider the new series "Knight and Squire" for instance. In #1 takes place in a bar, which Ted Grant Wildcat claims to have visited many times over the years. In the book, we are introduced to a number of England-based heroes and villains, and are told that a few of them were inspired by their American counterparts. Particularly, The British Joker; who, from what he relates about his history, indicates that he has been around for at least 50 years, and that he was inspired by the U.S. based Joker.   ??? Oh really? If you know of Knight and Squire, then you know that they are "New DC Earth" originated from the Batman & Robin series, and even on "New DC Earth" the U.S. based Joker is hardly an elderly man. If he is, then Bruce Wayne is elderly also, and Bruce Wayne is not an elderly man on "New DC Earth". If this current Knight and Squire series is taking place somewhere other than "New DC Earth", then where? Earth-B?  ;)

"New DC Earth" will not last long if this is how overall continuity is addressed!!!

"New DC Earth" simply is not addressing DC's Golden Age legacies with anything near respect or competence. "New DC Earth" treats the JSA like a hodgepodge of "oh them" making it clear that the majority of the creative teams dealing with these characters really have no idea who/what/why they are, much less how to address them. In this, the "New DC Earth" should be judged a failure.

It puzzles me that even Marvel can have a vast multiverse, but still manage to rock my socks off with their treatment and respect of their overall continuity and Golden Age legacy, while DC stumbles about as a street drunk. I do realize that perhaps I am too much of a continuity nut and out of step with the bumbled direction that DC is marching toward.

DC annoys me more than they thrill me. They cancel an awesome book like Midniter, but keep the "war crime against trees" aka JSA: All-Stars going. I cannot wait to see how "New DC Earth" incorporates and mucks up the Wildstorm properties -- if the MLJ/Red Circle/Archie properties are any indication, run to the hills my friends. The worse is only yet to come.

To end this rant, I eagerly admit that DC has a number of fun and enjoyable titles. Batman & Robin, Azrael, Red Robin, JLA; are all top notch works. But Grant Morrison, James Robinson, Fabian Nicieza, and David Hine cannot write everything. DC needs to rethink its approach. It does not have to be Marvel (or even Dark Horse), but the level of quality does need to be heightened.

Regards,
B.
« Last Edit: October 21, 2010, 03:21:42 PM by boox909 »
ip icon Logged

boox909

• VIP
message icon
« Reply #148 on: October 21, 2010, 03:14:21 PM »

BTW, I'm still reading my swag: so many goodies from Dark Horse & Marvel (and yes, a couple from DC and Moonstone) to finish up, then I will write up my complete thoughts.

B.
ip icon Logged

boox909

• VIP
message icon
« Reply #149 on: October 23, 2010, 12:35:11 AM »

Howdy gang!

Dark Horse
Doctor Solar: Man of the Atom #3 is a thrill ride. Jim Shooter is a master as developing the character of Doctor Solar and shows how his non nonchalant attitude is a serious threat to his own life.  This is good stuff, so check it out.

Magnus: Robot Fighter #2 is another winner from the team of Jim Shooter and Bill Reinhold. If you were a fan of the Valiant-Magnus, forget that period -- this is better! An easily accessible storyline, and quality all around, check this one out soon.

Turok: Son of Stone #1 A nice item that has a new story by Jim Shooter with Eduardo Francisco art, plus the Gaylord Dubois-Rex Maxon origin story from 1954.  I love this! It is my new favorite of the three titles. Shooter has given Turok a highly enjoyable twist that many should eagerly take too. Remember, these new titles are not Valiant at all, they are better! Check 'em out.

DC Comics
The Mighty Crusaders #4 (of 6), is a strong story that features Black Hood, Jaguar, and Hangman laying down some serious lumps on the alien invaders. Do not miss the Rocket Red Brigade interaction between the Comet and the Fox either. Eric Trautmann and Brandon Jerwa lead a strong story that will appease even those of us who lost faith in DC's overall treatment of the MLJ/Red Circle characters.

Knight and Squire #1 (of 6), Fun! This is a nice off beat fun book featuring Knight and Squire, who hailed from the pages of Batman and Robin. Ted Grant-Wildcat guest stars in what is a neat tale, that will drive you crazy if you take continuity too seriously like I do.  ;D  Check out the first story and decide for yourself if it is worth a six issue investment.

Justice League of America # 50 Jesse Quick, Jade, and the rest of the gang in battle against the infamous villains of Earth-3; file this under fun because that is what James Robinson and Mark Bagley deliver. Recommended!

Justice Society of America 80-page giant 2010 #1 oneshot, only buy this if you are a wanton JSA nut like myself. The strong features in this anthology revolve around Obsidian, Mr. Terrific, and the two Wildcats. The others are okay filler, but okay enough. DC should take notice that I suspect a drop in the sales of their JSA specials due to a general failing in quality. Anyone who remembers the JSA's name being used to push the Magog debacle still has a sour taste in their mouths, this 2010 special will help some, but leave all thoughts of continuity aside.

Dynamite
Warlord of Mars #1, kicks off an exciting storyline featuring much beloved Burroughs characters. This intro issue of only $1, so consider giving it a chance; I'd wager that you will be pleasantly surprised.

The Green Hornet: Golden Age-Remastered #3 (of 5) features reprinted stories from The Green Hornet Comics #2 back in 1940. Good stuff, and I fully support this effort and encourage everyone interested to support it also.

Marvel Comics
Invaders Now! #2 (of 5) is a joy. Marvel has wowed me all year with its respectful treatment of their Golden Age legacies. This new effort does not fail. Even with the overly melodramatic opining of the team about actions they had to take during WWII, this issue is simply excitement the entire way through! Recommended!

Steve Rogers: Super-Soldier #4 (of 4) shows Ed Brubaker at his top form! If you are following this series, #4 will knock your socks off!!! Recommended!

Captain America: Forever Allies #3 (of 4) continues the flashback action with the Young Allies and Bucky-Cap versus Lady Lotus. Roger Stern shows why he is one of the most respected writers in this worthy tale. Support it!

Marvelman Family's Finest #4 (of 6) is another reprint fest of classic Marvelman Family adventures. I admit that I might not follow the regular series when it debuts, but I fully support this reprint effort. Give it a shot if you're of a mind.

Moonstone
Air-Fighters with Airboy #2 offers another round of everyone's favorite Hillman characters, plus a Captain Midnight story. Iron Ace, Black Angel are among the strongest efforts in this anthology and the book is well worth its $5.99 cover price. Recommended.

Okay, that's it for me...all caught up. I have some extra things on my back burner to read which includes The Spider: Judgement Knight (sic) one shot, and a few back issues of The Power of Shazam.

Have a great weekend everyone!  ;D ;D ;D

B.
« Last Edit: October 23, 2010, 01:19:53 AM by boox909 »
ip icon Logged
Pages: 1 ... 4 5 [6] 7 8 ... 18

Comic Book Plus In-House Image
Mission: Our mission is to present free of charge, and to the widest audience, popular cultural works of the past. These are offered as a contribution to education and lifelong learning. They reflect the attitudes, perspectives, and beliefs of different times. We do not endorse these views, which may contain content offensive to modern users.

Disclaimer: We aim to house only Public Domain content. If you suspect that any of our material may be infringing copyright, please use our contact page to let us know. So we can investigate further. Utilizing our downloadable content, is strictly at your own risk. In no event will we be liable for any loss or damage including without limitation, indirect or consequential loss or damage, or any loss or damage whatsoever arising from loss of data or profits arising out of, or in connection with, the use of this website.