in house dollar bill thumbnail
 Total: 42,820 books
 New: 185 books

small login logo

Please enter your details to login and enjoy all the fun of the fair!

Not a member? Join us here. Everything is FREE and ALWAYS will be.

Forgotten your login details? No problem, you can get your password back here.

Weekly GA Related Swag

Pages: 1 ... 13 14 [15] 16 17 18

topic icon Author Topic: Weekly GA Related Swag  (Read 138175 times)

narfstar

• Administrator
message icon
Re: Weekly GA Related Swag
« Reply #350 on: May 18, 2012, 02:53:47 PM »

Been out for awhile now and it is a great as ever
ip icon Logged

paw broon

• Administrator
message icon
« Reply #351 on: May 19, 2012, 07:37:34 PM »

Now the proud possessor of the 2 new issues of AE.  Plus a pile of new(ish) comics.  Dave at the lcs got me Hawaiian Dick vol.2.  Glad I gave my custom to a local store.  He also gave me a copy of Dial H #1 and I read it on the train.  Enjoyed it and just might take a punt on #2.
ip icon Logged

josemas

• VIP & JVJ Project Member
message icon
« Reply #352 on: June 10, 2012, 02:25:11 AM »

Picked up the new issue of Squa Tront (#13) at my LCS today.  These don't come out very often but every one is a gem.  In this issue you'll find art and/or pieces on Jack Davis, Basil Wolverton, Marie Severin, Howard Nostrand, and others.

Highly recommended to anyone interested in comics history!

Best

Joe
ip icon Logged

narfstar

• Administrator
message icon
« Reply #353 on: June 10, 2012, 03:13:26 AM »

I just got AE 110 the other day and have enough time keeping up with it that I can not add any more mags such as ST as much as I may like them
ip icon Logged

Geo (R.I.P.)

message icon
« Reply #354 on: June 10, 2012, 04:15:00 AM »

Picked up the new issue of Squa Tront (#13) at my LCS today.  These don't come out very often but every one is a gem.  In this issue you'll find art and/or pieces on Jack Davis, Basil Wolverton, Marie Severin, Howard Nostrand, and others.

Best

Joe

Yep I have a few of those too Joe. They are always packed with info and tidbits you wouldn't get anywhere else. A little costly but well worth it.

Geo
ip icon Logged

josemas

message icon
« Reply #355 on: June 10, 2012, 05:32:35 AM »

Best

Joe

Yep I have a few of those too Joe. They are always packed with info and tidbits you wouldn't get anywhere else. A little costly but well worth it.

Geo

The current issue is $9.99- only a buck more than an issue of Alter Ego

You know when I said these don't come out very often I wasn't kidding.  The first issue came out in 1967- 45 years ago!  They're only up to issue #13 now so even a weak math guy like me can tell you that's a pretty sparse publishing schedule.

Best

Joe
ip icon Logged

josemas

message icon
« Reply #356 on: July 13, 2012, 01:05:06 AM »

Picked up a really nice collection (from Classic Comics press) of the western spoof comic strip of the early 1950s- The Adventures of Buck O'Rue and his Horse, Reddish.  It's a nearly complete run of the strip (despite diligent searching a few of the sparsely syndicated strips eluded the editors) written by Dick Huemer and drawn by Paul Murray. 
Both Huemer and Murray had worked as animators at Disney.  Murray is probably best known to comics fans for his work on the Disney comic books especially the Mickey Mouse serials in Walt Disney's Comics and Stories.  The editors also provide over 30 pages of background material on the strips, the artists, etc...

I'm really looking forward to digging into this one.

Best

Joe

ip icon Logged

narfstar

• Administrator
message icon
« Reply #357 on: July 13, 2012, 03:37:41 AM »

Sounds interesting Joe I never heard of it
ip icon Logged

Geo (R.I.P.)

message icon
« Reply #358 on: July 13, 2012, 04:19:24 AM »

The current issue is $9.99- only a buck more than an issue of Alter Ego

You know when I said these don't come out very often I wasn't kidding.  The first issue came out in 1967- 45 years ago!  They're only up to issue #13 now so even a weak math guy like me can tell you that's a pretty sparse publishing schedule.

Best

Joe

Thanks Joe, I'll have to check that out then.
Here's one I have on order:

"Draw! #23 gets webbed up with top flight penciler Patrick Olliffe, as he demos how he produces such comics as Spider-Girl, his recent revival of Dark Horse's Mighty Samson, and digital comics for Marvel. Then, Jorge Khoury presents a comprehensive look at the career of Al Williamson, as the man and his work are remembered by Angelo Torres, Bret Blevins, Mark Schultz, Tom Yeates, Alex Ross, Rick Veitch, and others, including an examination of Al
ip icon Logged

josemas

message icon
« Reply #359 on: July 13, 2012, 11:21:58 AM »

That issue of Draw is worth snagging just for the piece on Williamson, IMHO. 

Thanks for the heads up.

Joe
ip icon Logged

Geo (R.I.P.)

message icon
« Reply #360 on: July 14, 2012, 02:39:02 AM »

That issue of Draw is worth snagging just for the piece on Williamson, IMHO. 

Thanks for the heads up.

Joe

Here's a link for a pdf preview of that issue: http://twomorrows.com/index.php?main_page=product_info&cPath=98_59&products_id=1028&zenid=samv4up87a62vdrc3e57ve9p73

You can also order the issue from that page too. Enjoy.

Geo
ip icon Logged

JVJ

message icon
« Reply #361 on: July 14, 2012, 10:20:03 PM »

Best

Joe

Where on earth did you get this information, Joe? Am I missing some humor here? Draw! #1 was published in 2001.

FWIW.

Peace, Jim (|:{>
ip icon Logged
Comic Book Plus In-House Image

narfstar

• Administrator
message icon
« Reply #362 on: July 15, 2012, 01:40:44 AM »

He was referring to Squa Tront
ip icon Logged

JVJ

message icon
« Reply #363 on: July 15, 2012, 04:27:52 AM »

Ah! Thanks, Narf.

(|:{>

In that case, "infrequent" is an understatement! It took Mr. Benson nearly TWENTY FIVE YEARS to publish my interview with John Severin. 1981 to 2005. Still, he does such a great job...

ip icon Logged

boox909

• VIP
message icon
« Reply #364 on: July 26, 2012, 08:37:06 PM »

I gave up on DC's Earth-1, World's Finest, and informed my retailer that I would eat him if he ever places National Comics: Eternity in my file again.  :D

I see Marvel is offering trades of some of the Golden Age material, but there really isn't much interesting other than the new titles from Dynamite, which have more to do with pulps than comics per se.

B.
ip icon Logged

narfstar

• Administrator
message icon
« Reply #365 on: July 26, 2012, 09:02:24 PM »

I just saw the cover for National Comics Eternity and thought how awful. I am still finding Worlds Finest interesting so we shall see how long that lasts. I did not like Earth 1 from the start.
ip icon Logged

paw broon

• Administrator
message icon
« Reply #366 on: May 12, 2013, 04:31:39 PM »

This could sound like gibberish to most of you but, here goes.  I picked up a volume of 5 collected Lobey Dosser strips last week.  This is a landscape, soft cover compilation of strips from the Evening Times, a Glasgow evening paper.  The strips were done by the legendary Bud Neill and this vol. was compiled by local lad, Ranald MacColl.  Cost me the princely sum of
ip icon Logged

mr_goldenage

• VIP
message icon
« Reply #367 on: May 22, 2013, 08:35:10 PM »

Just bought my first Italian Golden Age Fumetti, Ragar. See my Avatar for what the book looks like. Cost me $16.31 US plus shipping on which I am still waiting on shipping info from the seller. Cheers y'all.

RB @ work.
« Last Edit: May 22, 2013, 08:48:42 PM by mr_goldenage »
ip icon Logged

fate man

message icon
« Reply #368 on: May 22, 2013, 09:26:06 PM »

Wow,that is good news.
ip icon Logged

narfstar

• Administrator
message icon
« Reply #369 on: May 22, 2013, 09:37:21 PM »

Look forward to seeing it pop up here.
ip icon Logged

mr_goldenage

• VIP
message icon
« Reply #370 on: May 25, 2013, 02:43:35 AM »

I have a tracking # and it's on it's way. U bet I will stop my research and writings to scan that puppy the first chance I get.

An aside to Paw: Ipos should be spelt Ipnos. sorry. bad eyes and all. The bane of old age.

RB @ Home.
« Last Edit: May 25, 2013, 02:51:28 AM by mr_goldenage »
ip icon Logged

mr_goldenage

• VIP
message icon
« Reply #371 on: June 02, 2013, 04:54:53 AM »

bought 4 more Italian Fumetti books from the 1940's. Paid for them too. (snicker). I have a bid on a 5th book as well.

RB finally at home.
« Last Edit: June 02, 2013, 05:02:31 AM by mr_goldenage »
ip icon Logged

mr_goldenage

• VIP
message icon
« Reply #372 on: June 02, 2013, 05:03:18 AM »

.......and of course here are the other two as well.

RB@ home and loving it!
« Last Edit: June 02, 2013, 05:05:59 AM by mr_goldenage »
ip icon Logged

mr_goldenage

• VIP
message icon
« Reply #373 on: June 02, 2013, 07:14:40 AM »

And soon I hope that this one will arrive.....plus this auction ends soon on this book and if I win I can and this to the list as well....

RB saying g'night
ip icon Logged

cimmerian32

• VIP
message icon
« Reply #374 on: June 02, 2013, 07:29:45 AM »

Anyone else picking up the Haunted Horror anthology from Yoe Comics?

ip icon Logged
Pages: 1 ... 13 14 [15] 16 17 18

Comic Book Plus In-House Image
Mission: Our mission is to present free of charge, and to the widest audience, popular cultural works of the past. These are offered as a contribution to education and lifelong learning. They reflect the attitudes, perspectives, and beliefs of different times. We do not endorse these views, which may contain content offensive to modern users.

Disclaimer: We aim to house only Public Domain content. If you suspect that any of our material may be infringing copyright, please use our contact page to let us know. So we can investigate further. Utilizing our downloadable content, is strictly at your own risk. In no event will we be liable for any loss or damage including without limitation, indirect or consequential loss or damage, or any loss or damage whatsoever arising from loss of data or profits arising out of, or in connection with, the use of this website.