in house dollar bill thumbnail
In-House Image
 Total: 42,820 books
 New: 187 books

small login logo

Please enter your details to login and enjoy all the fun of the fair!

Not a member? Join us here. Everything is FREE and ALWAYS will be.

Forgotten your login details? No problem, you can get your password back here.

NARFSTAR's offerings

Pages: 1 ... 28 29 [30] 31 32 ... 46

topic icon Author Topic: NARFSTAR's offerings  (Read 320884 times)

narfstar

• Administrator
message icon
3 more
« Reply #725 on: May 31, 2010, 11:05:58 PM »

Reddy Goose from the shoe company
Submarine Attack 12 with my favorite war cover.
Hector 2 from Key teen humor
ip icon Logged

bowers

• Global Moderator
message icon
Re: NARFSTAR's offerings
« Reply #726 on: June 01, 2010, 02:12:21 AM »

Thanx for the Submarine Attack 12, Narf! Love the Charlton navy stuff. Cheers, Jeff
ip icon Logged

narfstar

• Administrator
message icon
Unusual Tales 23
« Reply #727 on: June 01, 2010, 03:08:51 AM »

Thanks to Pyramid c2c scans in silver side street
ip icon Logged

boox909

• VIP
message icon
« Reply #728 on: June 01, 2010, 03:14:11 AM »

Thanks for all of the goodies Narf!  ;D ;D ;D
ip icon Logged

boox909

• VIP
message icon
« Reply #729 on: June 01, 2010, 03:14:28 AM »

Thanks!  ;D
ip icon Logged

boox909

• VIP
message icon
« Reply #730 on: June 03, 2010, 12:58:35 PM »

Two offerings from Narfstar: Westerner #40 in the Small Press and Unsorted Files section &
Special Agent #1 in the Parents Magazine Institute section.

Thanks Narf!  ;D ;D ;D

ip icon Logged

narfstar

• Administrator
message icon
« Reply #731 on: June 03, 2010, 02:38:31 PM »

your welcome boox. The Westerner is a digital camera replacement
ip icon Logged

builderboy

• VIP
message icon
« Reply #732 on: June 05, 2010, 07:41:44 PM »

Now up:  narfstar's scans of JVJ's Amazing Man #20!
ip icon Logged

boox909

• VIP
message icon
« Reply #733 on: June 05, 2010, 08:00:12 PM »

Now up:  narfstar's scans of JVJ's Amazing Man #20!

Actually...somehow...I made the file disappear when I went to edit the name of it so the menu would be in order.

We'll have to wait on builderboy to re'up this one folks.

Apologies all around.

As I was saying, All Hail Narf, Builderboy, and JVJ!!!

Tons of thanks for this one gang, and its now live for downloading (due to Builderboy's kung fu)!  ;D

B.
« Last Edit: June 05, 2010, 09:43:06 PM by boox909 »
ip icon Logged

pmackscans

• VIP
message icon
« Reply #734 on: June 06, 2010, 05:09:59 AM »

Not in the order promised, but some of narfstar's scanning goodness coming later tonight: Amazing Man #9, a paper scan of 62 of 68 pages (AM #'s 17 & 20 still forthcoming!), to compliment the fiche copy already on site.  This is one sweet looking book with early work by Everett and Burgos.

I just grabbed this book. A while back I had rescanned this one from fiche but never got around to editing it. I can provide much better fiche scans of the missing centerfold pages if anyone's interested. The color doesn't match the book, but the scans are much sharper and clearer.

Pmack
ip icon Logged

builderboy

• VIP
message icon
« Reply #735 on: June 06, 2010, 04:47:20 PM »

pmack,

that would be GREAT!  Truthfully, my editing experiences with the fiche pages failed to provide a lot of satisfaction. I did get them to size and rotated, and deepened the colors somewhat, but they were still washed out and fuzzy. Any tips on your technique?   :)

It is the first two wraps under the cover AND the centerfold that are edited fiche pages.
ip icon Logged

pmackscans

• VIP
message icon
« Reply #736 on: June 08, 2010, 02:26:47 AM »

Any tips on your technique? 

The biggest difference is that I use a different scanner. Most fiche scanners use a flatbed scanner, I use a 35mm film scanner, so I get more detail on the initial scan

I'm confused about the needed pages, though. The copy I downloaded (from the hubs) only had a fiche centerfold.

I also don't know the best way to do this. Should I just upload the pages to the site, or do you want me to send them to you direct? Do you want me to upload a fully fixed file?

So many questions!
ip icon Logged
Comic Book Plus In-House Image

JVJ

• VIP & JVJ Project Member
message icon
« Reply #737 on: June 08, 2010, 05:02:40 PM »

Narf,
Just noticed that Westerner #40 is in the Small Press and Unsorted section. Should be in Orbit or Our or at least in Rural Home with the Patches and Toytown and other Westerner and Wanted issues.

I put a replacement page in your ftp directory for your final signature page in that issue. Hope you like it.

Peace, Jim (|:{>
ip icon Logged

JVJ

message icon
« Reply #738 on: June 16, 2010, 11:40:50 PM »

Here's a list of the comics in folders, narf.
Tell me which ones you want.

Candy 3
Champ 19
Dynamic 23
Fighting Marines 3
Front Page 1
Liberty Scouts 2
Master 42
Military 19
Mystery Men 11,26
Power Comics 1
Rangers 18,21,43,46
Red Seal 14
Santa Claus Funnies 2
Skyrocket 1
Super Mystery V2:3
Thrilling 36
Toyland 3
True Comics 1
Wings 13

I have some others, but they are either Street & Smith or Timely.

ps. did you ever check out the Westerner page I did for you?
ip icon Logged

Mindshadow

• VIP
message icon
« Reply #739 on: June 17, 2010, 01:51:55 AM »

Hi, JVJ. I've already posted of version of Skyrocket Comics 1. However, mine only has two stories, is yours complete? I'd be happy to upload some of the things you have that narf does not "want". I have a particular fondness for Red Seal 14, Champ 19, and Dynamic 23. just put them on send space or something and give me by link so I can grab and post them. In any case thank you for wonderful offerings.
ip icon Logged

narfstar

• Administrator
message icon
« Reply #740 on: June 17, 2010, 02:37:06 AM »

I should get your box sent out tomorrow. Some of the books are already on GAC the ones that are not I will gladly scan. Would not mind the Street and Smith to read as I only have a few Air Ace and Supersnipes myself.

Champ 19
Dynamic 23
Fighting Marines 3
Front Page 1
Liberty Scouts 2 Cent
Master 42   Faw
Military 19   Qua
Mystery Men 11
Power Comics 1
Rangers 18,21  FH
Red Seal 14
Santa Claus Funnies 2
Skyrocket 1
Thrilling 36     b
Toyland 3
Wings 13     FH
ip icon Logged

JVJ

message icon
« Reply #741 on: June 17, 2010, 03:37:11 AM »

Hi, JVJ. I've already posted of version of Skyrocket Comics 1. However, mine only has two stories, is yours complete? I'd be happy to upload some of the things you have that narf does not "want". I have a particular fondness for Red Seal 14, Champ 19, and Dynamic 23. just put them on send space or something and give me by link so I can grab and post them. In any case thank you for wonderful offerings.

The problem is that they are not scanned, Mindshadow. I only have the actual comics. Narfstar is going to do the scanning. That's the whole point of this project, to GET the books scanned so that we can share them. And, yes, I believe that my Skyrocket is complete. Looks like narf has requested all the issues you have a fondness for, so now all we need is patience...

ip icon Logged

JVJ

message icon
« Reply #742 on: June 17, 2010, 03:39:56 AM »

I should get your box sent out tomorrow. Some of the books are already on GAC the ones that are not I will gladly scan. Would not mind the Street and Smith to read as I only have a few Air Ace and Supersnipes myself.

Champ 19
Dynamic 23
Fighting Marines 3
Front Page 1
Liberty Scouts 2 Cent
Master 42   Faw
Military 19   Qua
Mystery Men 11
Power Comics 1
Rangers 18,21  FH
Red Seal 14
Santa Claus Funnies 2
Skyrocket 1
Thrilling 36     b
Toyland 3
Wings 13     FH

I'll get them ready, narf.
We probably have enough to deal with on the PD titles. That's really what I signed up to provide, after all.

ip icon Logged

narfstar

• Administrator
message icon
« Reply #743 on: June 17, 2010, 04:03:04 AM »

That is fine they were just for my selfishness. I was not planning on scanning and distributing the Street and Smith just reading a couple :) Doc Savage and Shadow comics usually cost more than I like to spend. Supersnipes are not cheap but I have managed to pick up a few as well as some Super Magicians. I enjoy Supersnipe and some of the Super Magician stories. It is too bad S&S had bad experiences that seem to make them really protective even though it appears they will never reprint any of the comics themselves. I sent a request for permission to post them at GAC but got no reply. Oh well their property their choice.
ip icon Logged

narfstar

• Administrator
message icon
Tower's Teen Queen
« Reply #744 on: June 17, 2010, 09:12:50 PM »

Check out the Silver Age Side Street for issues of Tower's longest running title.
ip icon Logged

boox909

• VIP
message icon
Re: Tower's Teen Queen
« Reply #745 on: June 17, 2010, 09:14:55 PM »

Check out the Silver Age Side Street for issues of Tower's longest running title.

I hate being the kiljoy, but some of those files didn't load into the system correctly. OY!  :-\
ip icon Logged

JonTheScanner

message icon
« Reply #746 on: June 17, 2010, 09:26:21 PM »

Wings 13     FH

Woo hoo.  Once I finish my yet-to-arrive box from JVJ and this gets scanned, all of Wings will be scanned c2c except 17 and 58.  All will be scans from paper except 1 2 5 6 9 12

--- I think I don't promise until I've done it and checked.
ip icon Logged

narfstar

• Administrator
message icon
« Reply #747 on: June 17, 2010, 10:21:30 PM »

I deleted the bad files. These were not my scans. The file name had Tippy's and did not load properly until I removed the apostrophy. The files deleted are up with the apostrophy gone should work fine
ip icon Logged

narfstar

• Administrator
message icon
Steel! Giveaway
« Reply #748 on: June 19, 2010, 02:21:30 AM »

Moondoods edits for narfstar scan
ip icon Logged

boox909

• VIP
message icon
« Reply #749 on: June 20, 2010, 06:14:54 PM »

Funny Pages v2 #4 (paper) c2c JVJ-narfstar

Thanks guys!  ;D ;D ;D
ip icon Logged
Pages: 1 ... 28 29 [30] 31 32 ... 46

Comic Book Plus In-House Image
Mission: Our mission is to present free of charge, and to the widest audience, popular cultural works of the past. These are offered as a contribution to education and lifelong learning. They reflect the attitudes, perspectives, and beliefs of different times. We do not endorse these views, which may contain content offensive to modern users.

Disclaimer: We aim to house only Public Domain content. If you suspect that any of our material may be infringing copyright, please use our contact page to let us know. So we can investigate further. Utilizing our downloadable content, is strictly at your own risk. In no event will we be liable for any loss or damage including without limitation, indirect or consequential loss or damage, or any loss or damage whatsoever arising from loss of data or profits arising out of, or in connection with, the use of this website.