in house dollar bill thumbnail
 Total: 42,817 books
 New: 194 books

small login logo

Please enter your details to login and enjoy all the fun of the fair!

Not a member? Join us here. Everything is FREE and ALWAYS will be.

Forgotten your login details? No problem, you can get your password back here.

Ebay Finds and Buys -post your pointers here

Pages: 1 2 3 [4] 5 6 ... 9

topic icon Author Topic: Ebay Finds and Buys -post your pointers here  (Read 84469 times)

Astaldo711

• VIP & JVJ Project Member
message icon
Re: Ebay Finds and Buys -post your pointers here
« Reply #75 on: July 29, 2009, 09:08:46 PM »

Thank you!
I figured that out about Ebay after it happened one other time. I usually don't have time to monitor my bids so unless I can afford the Buy it Now option, I don't bother. Besides, my wife wouldn't appreciate me carting in even more crap!
ip icon Logged

John C

message icon
« Reply #76 on: July 30, 2009, 04:49:09 PM »

I think it's been pointed out a few times that the optimal way to win an auction on eBay is not only to set your price in advance, but to only bid in the last second or two.  By "sniping," you cut out everybody else's competitive desperation.

I know a few times, I've bid on something, then bid on it again immediately when it was out of my price range.  That's some serious stupid.  "Gee, someone else wants it.  It's now worth more to me!"
ip icon Logged

narfstar

• Administrator
message icon
« Reply #77 on: July 30, 2009, 05:36:12 PM »

One thing to consider is be the first bidder. Many people do not bid on an item just because it already has a bid. I have often been the only bidder and gotten GA books for a buck.
ip icon Logged

rez

• Past Member
message icon
« Reply #78 on: July 31, 2009, 12:22:26 AM »

One thing to consider is be the first bidder. Many people do not bid on an item just because it already has a bid. I have often been the only bidder and gotten GA books for a buck.

So, you're the guy that's always doing that. ;D
ip icon Logged

narfstar

• Administrator
message icon
« Reply #79 on: July 31, 2009, 12:23:52 AM »

Yeah that's me ;D
ip icon Logged

Palooka slim

• VIP
message icon
« Reply #80 on: July 31, 2009, 12:55:10 AM »

If Anyone is interested in this let me know and i will put it on ebay,i have listed it before without any bids.im willing to sell it as a buy it now listing 8 bucks and free shipping.
ip icon Logged

narfstar

• Administrator
message icon
Dizzy Dames 1
« Reply #81 on: August 07, 2009, 02:06:44 AM »

Any ACG collectors. Jim this is one you are missing.

ip icon Logged

narfstar

• Administrator
message icon
Dragon Con
« Reply #82 on: August 07, 2009, 02:07:36 AM »

Anyone going to Dragon Con next month?
ip icon Logged

JVJ

message icon
Re: Dizzy Dames 1
« Reply #83 on: August 07, 2009, 02:12:04 AM »

Any ACG collectors. Jim this is one you are missing.

Thanks, narf,
but I doubt that this is going to go for a reasonable (to me) cost. I'll keep an eye on it though.

And if anyone believes that this is an Ogden Whitney cover, I've got this bridge....

Peace, Jim (|:{>
ip icon Logged

Palooka slim

• VIP
message icon
« Reply #84 on: August 07, 2009, 10:30:20 PM »

see anything you like let me know and i will list on ebay -buy it now 8 bucks each free shipping.or as one lot 20 bucks free shipping.
« Last Edit: August 07, 2009, 10:38:04 PM by Palooka slim »
ip icon Logged

Astaldo711

message icon
« Reply #85 on: August 08, 2009, 10:59:16 AM »

Thanks for the generous offer Palooka! I'd love to have ANY golden age books in my collection as currently it contains, well none. Unfortunately, my financial situation does not lend itself to my pursuit of 30's-50's printed treasures.
ip icon Logged

rez

• Past Member
message icon
« Reply #86 on: August 08, 2009, 05:01:53 PM »

see anything you like let me know and i will list on ebay -buy it now 8 bucks each free shipping.or as one lot 20 bucks free shipping.

slim, those links only open to pages the same size as the icons.
Just thought I'd mention.
No charge for that  :D
ip icon Logged
Comic Book Plus In-House Image

narfstar

• Administrator
message icon
Nickel Comics #1
« Reply #87 on: April 09, 2010, 08:36:59 PM »

NICKEL COMICS #1 yes coverless but what a find. I was outbid so if anyone is interested and also wants to replace our fiche here is your chance.
ip icon Logged

narfstar

• Administrator
message icon
Silver Streak 18 and Cyclone
« Reply #88 on: May 03, 2010, 03:33:31 AM »

WOW just find Silver Streak 18 and Cyclone 3-5? together. I have bid on these if anyone plans on bidding please let me know so we do not get in a bidding war.
ip icon Logged

builderboy

• VIP
message icon
« Reply #89 on: May 14, 2010, 03:15:20 PM »

narf,

If you see any bid opportunities, let me know...I would consider it a contribution to the site to buy and scan something the site needs...within limits of course  :P
ip icon Logged

narfstar

• Administrator
message icon
Jumbo 75
« Reply #90 on: May 26, 2010, 03:23:48 AM »

This is we do not have and neither does JVJ. I am current high bidder at $7.13 my max bid for the purpose of scanning. If anyone wants it to scan go for it or if I get out bid and you are willing to bid more for the cause or we could go together

http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=260606633511
ip icon Logged

boox909

• VIP
message icon
Re: Jumbo 75
« Reply #91 on: May 26, 2010, 04:08:09 AM »

This is we do not have and neither does JVJ. I am current high bidder at $7.13 my max bid for the purpose of scanning. If anyone wants it to scan go for it or if I get out bid and you are willing to bid more for the cause or we could go together

http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=260606633511

I'll kick in $10 toward it if you need it.

B.
ip icon Logged

narfstar

• Administrator
message icon
« Reply #92 on: May 26, 2010, 12:00:05 PM »

Thanks Boox I'll increase the bid then sell it after scanning and split the returns. Or if you actually want the book I will let you bid and I will chip in.
ip icon Logged

builderboy

• VIP
message icon
« Reply #93 on: May 26, 2010, 12:09:13 PM »

Narf,

I will chip in $10 as well. Let me know if you think that will help you get there when time gets closer

-bb
ip icon Logged

boox909

• VIP
message icon
« Reply #94 on: May 26, 2010, 01:34:07 PM »

Thanks Boox I'll increase the bid then sell it after scanning and split the returns. Or if you actually want the book I will let you bid and I will chip in.

$10 no strings...I'll just be happy to have the scan. You can sell the book and use the cash to get us some more goodies.  ;D ;D ;D ;D

Just let me know where to send the cash if you win the auction.

B.
ip icon Logged

narfstar

• Administrator
message icon
« Reply #95 on: May 26, 2010, 02:07:10 PM »

Thanks guys. Most of the books I have gotten in the last few years have not been books that I collect. I get them just to scan. I will be sending some to JVJ that he does not already have. Since he does not have this issue he may be happy to get it after scanning. I think $20 is about all it is worth unless you think it is worth $30. Right now I will just up it to a $20
ip icon Logged

boox909

• VIP
message icon
« Reply #96 on: May 26, 2010, 02:09:31 PM »

Thanks guys. Most of the books I have gotten in the last few years have not been books that I collect. I get them just to scan. I will be sending some to JVJ that he does not already have. Since he does not have this issue he may be happy to get it after scanning. I think $20 is about all it is worth unless you think it is worth $30. Right now I will just up it to a $20

Hopefully you can score it for $20 -- but I'll kick in the $10 regardless. And sending it to Jim is a great idea and definitely one of the least things that we can do to show our appreciation for all that he has done for us.

B.
ip icon Logged

narfstar

• Administrator
message icon
« Reply #97 on: May 26, 2010, 02:13:37 PM »

Now if we could get enough people to chip in we could get a copy of Colossus for $2500 That and Green Giant are two books that I never expect to actually hold in my hands  :(
ip icon Logged

narfstar

• Administrator
message icon
« Reply #98 on: May 27, 2010, 03:31:50 AM »

No one else has chimed in and it looks like Jumbo is going to go for more than I think we should pay. They are not that uncommon. If some newbies want upgrades maybe they could chip in to a book fund. I would like to get this book it is a buy it now.
http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=6633650620&ssPageName=STRK:MEWAX:IT  Do not see The Challenger books very often if we could get enough people 5 people to chip in $11. Some may want their money back and we could repost and resell giving back a fifth of whatever we get. Others like me would apply the money to go for another book. I would be willing if four others think this odd book is worth getting.
ip icon Logged

boox909

• VIP
message icon
« Reply #99 on: May 27, 2010, 03:38:15 AM »

No one else has chimed in and it looks like Jumbo is going to go for more than I think we should pay. They are not that uncommon. If some newbies want upgrades maybe they could chip in to a book fund. I would like to get this book it is a buy it now.
http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=6633650620&ssPageName=STRK:MEWAX:IT  Do not see The Challenger books very often if we could get enough people 5 people to chip in $11. Some may want their money back and we could repost and resell giving back a fifth of whatever we get. Others like me would apply the money to go for another book. I would be willing if four others think this odd book is worth getting.

I'd kick in $11. I hope we get that Jumbo...but if now, it will show up eventually.

B.
ip icon Logged
Pages: 1 2 3 [4] 5 6 ... 9

Comic Book Plus In-House Image
Mission: Our mission is to present free of charge, and to the widest audience, popular cultural works of the past. These are offered as a contribution to education and lifelong learning. They reflect the attitudes, perspectives, and beliefs of different times. We do not endorse these views, which may contain content offensive to modern users.

Disclaimer: We aim to house only Public Domain content. If you suspect that any of our material may be infringing copyright, please use our contact page to let us know. So we can investigate further. Utilizing our downloadable content, is strictly at your own risk. In no event will we be liable for any loss or damage including without limitation, indirect or consequential loss or damage, or any loss or damage whatsoever arising from loss of data or profits arising out of, or in connection with, the use of this website.