in house dollar bill thumbnail
 Total: 42,817 books
 New: 194 books

small login logo

Please enter your details to login and enjoy all the fun of the fair!

Not a member? Join us here. Everything is FREE and ALWAYS will be.

Forgotten your login details? No problem, you can get your password back here.

How did you find us?

Pages: 1 ... 16 17 [18] 19 20 ... 44

topic icon Author Topic: How did you find us?  (Read 256420 times)

rbantique

• VIP
message icon
Re: How did you find us?
« Reply #425 on: July 20, 2010, 12:29:42 AM »

I googled comic strips and this site came up. hopefully i can view the contents of old hot rod comic that i only have been able to see the covers to date.
ip icon Logged

boox909

• VIP
message icon
« Reply #426 on: July 20, 2010, 12:38:48 AM »

I googled comic strips and this site came up. hopefully i can view the contents of old hot rod comic that i only have been able to see the covers to date.

Welcome aboard. You're set up for downloading.

Let us know if you have any questions.

B.
ip icon Logged

JVJ

• VIP & JVJ Project Member
message icon
« Reply #427 on: July 20, 2010, 01:15:39 AM »

You will enjoy the discovery that this site does NOT believe that comic books are comprised only of covers. Check out Charlton and Hillman for at least two companies with hot rod comic titles.

Peace, Jim (|:{>
« Last Edit: July 20, 2010, 01:26:40 AM by JVJ »
ip icon Logged

josemas

• VIP & JVJ Project Member
message icon
« Reply #428 on: July 22, 2010, 03:19:21 PM »

Found you guys through some link with another blog or site I was checking out.  Can't even remember what site it was now but I'm glad they had the link there as you certainly have a treasure trove of rarities and goodies that will be educating and entertaining me for years to come.

Joe M
ip icon Logged

redjdn

• Past Member
  • avatar for old site member: redjdn
message icon
« Reply #429 on: July 25, 2010, 03:20:29 AM »

I was doing some research into Phantom Lady 17 and found your requests from a couple of years ago, Do you still need a copy? I have one complete.
ip icon Logged

boox909

• VIP
message icon
« Reply #430 on: July 25, 2010, 03:27:08 AM »

I was doing some research into Phantom Lady 17 and found your requests from a couple of years ago, Do you still need a copy? I have one complete.

http://goldenagecomics.co.uk/forum/index.php/topic,855.msg25973.html#msg25973

ip icon Logged

Mike V

• Past Member
  • avatar for old site member: Mike V
message icon
« Reply #431 on: July 28, 2010, 01:48:26 PM »

I was looking for a comic strip image I could use in a website banner, without there being any royalty issues. When I googled "public domain comics" this site came up #1. After having a look around, it seemed like a great resource, so I signed up!
ip icon Logged

herman

• Past Member
  • avatar for old site member: herman
message icon
« Reply #432 on: July 28, 2010, 10:16:19 PM »

While wandering to find some old comic books on-line, I found this site through Google!  Love to look through the names of the old comics.  They bring back memories.
ip icon Logged

boox909

• VIP
message icon
« Reply #433 on: July 28, 2010, 10:22:09 PM »

While wandering to find some old comic books on-line, I found this site through Google!  Love to look through the names of the old comics.  They bring back memories.

Don't just look, download a bunch of 'em!  ;D

You're already set up to go! Let us know if you need any other assistance.

B.
ip icon Logged

Wapahoo

• Past Member
  • avatar for old site member: Wapahoo
message icon
« Reply #434 on: August 01, 2010, 11:27:11 PM »

Looked up golden age comics on google and lo and behold, there you were.
ip icon Logged

stinkybluesmurf

• Past Member
  • avatar for old site member: stinkybluesmurf
message icon
« Reply #435 on: August 13, 2010, 11:54:37 PM »

hi um im sorta new to the whole computa communacating thing,but i looked at a comic book reader and i got only one pdf comic so was searching for a comic site ant found your site is it like being in a candy shop for the first time yaa um ill have alook around now thanks seeyas
ip icon Logged

narfstar

• Administrator
message icon
« Reply #436 on: August 14, 2010, 02:17:41 PM »

Do not just look around but feel free to download and enjoy. You will need a different reader for cbz and cbr files. So try out cdisplay or one of the others. Also please contribute comments, comics or cash to keep the site great.
ip icon Logged
Comic Book Plus In-House Image

edccyon

• Past Member
  • avatar for old site member: edccyon
message icon
« Reply #437 on: August 20, 2010, 03:10:23 AM »

Searching for Jingle Jangle comics :)
ip icon Logged

narfstar

• Administrator
message icon
« Reply #438 on: August 20, 2010, 02:08:08 PM »

Lots of Jingle Jangle available

http://goldenagecomics.co.uk/index.php?cid=227
ip icon Logged

Tbolt66

• Past Member
  • avatar for old site member: Tbolt66
message icon
« Reply #439 on: August 29, 2010, 09:49:53 PM »

thru the Public Domain Heroes site.
ip icon Logged

Longknife1

• Past Member
  • avatar for old site member: Longknife1
message icon
« Reply #440 on: September 06, 2010, 12:18:11 AM »

Hi Everyone!  I was looking for a comic that my grandpa was in and I came across your site.  I'm very impressed with what's on here.. :)  Any way the comic I'm looking for is Quality-Military Comics #30 from July of 1944.  It has my Grandpa Joe Longknife featured in one of the stories.  The reason I'm looking for it was because he died shortly after that; the POW Hellship the Shinyo Maru that he was on was sunk by friendly fire and he was one of hundreds that died.  Hopefully the site will let me download this story.   
Thanks All,

LK  ;D
ip icon Logged

boox909

• VIP
message icon
« Reply #441 on: September 06, 2010, 12:33:25 AM »

Hi Everyone!  I was looking for a comic that my grandpa was in and I came across your site.  I'm very impressed with what's on here.. :)  Any way the comic I'm looking for is Quality-Military Comics #30 from July of 1944.  It has my Grandpa Joe Longknife featured in one of the stories.  The reason I'm looking for it was because he died shortly after that; the POW Hellship the Shinyo Maru that he was on was sunk by friendly fire and he was one of hundreds that died.  Hopefully the site will let me download this story.   
Thanks All,

LK  ;D

Very exciting! I hope you will comment on the story after reading it. Enjoy your downloads.  ;D
http://www.goldenagecomics.co.uk/index.php?dlid=12698

B.
ip icon Logged

dshaneb

message icon
« Reply #442 on: September 07, 2010, 04:33:07 AM »

Do not just look around but feel free to download and enjoy. You will need a different reader for cbz and cbr files. So try out cdisplay or one of the others. Also please contribute comments, comics or cash to keep the site great.

The version of CDisplay (I think it was 1.eight) that I downloaded, has opened both cbz and cbr files for me, so try that one.

I found this place by browsing for old comic collections.

Shane
ip icon Logged

waltonding

message icon
« Reply #443 on: September 07, 2010, 08:04:43 PM »

Hi my name is walton. :) I found this site by accident just trawling through the internet. I used to read old horror comics when i was a lad. I was overjoyed when i found out that i could download old comics for free on this site!!!!!
ip icon Logged

boox909

• VIP
message icon
« Reply #444 on: September 07, 2010, 08:19:22 PM »

Hi my name is walton. :) I found this site by accident just trawling through the internet. I used to read old horror comics when i was a lad. I was overjoyed when i found out that i could download old comics for free on this site!!!!!

Great to have you here and participating in the conversations!  ;D
ip icon Logged

waltonding

message icon
« Reply #445 on: September 07, 2010, 08:49:19 PM »

Thank you for the welcome!!! :D. I'm not very knowledgeable concerning comics,but i'm a willing learner. lol
ip icon Logged

waltonding

message icon
« Reply #446 on: September 07, 2010, 08:55:06 PM »

Just a quick question. What is the limit per day of comics that is an acceptable amount? I don't want to overstep the mark concerning download limits.
ip icon Logged

narfstar

• Administrator
message icon
« Reply #447 on: September 08, 2010, 01:33:28 AM »

The real limit is ONLY ONE AT A TIME !!!! It is not a daily but monthly limit. When it runs out you will not be able to download until the next month.
ip icon Logged

oushadow

• Past Member
  • avatar for old site member: oushadow
message icon
« Reply #448 on: September 08, 2010, 01:44:42 AM »

Hello everyone!  I found out about Golden Age Comics through an article on Lifehacker, well indirectly.  Anyways I am excited about exploring historical comics.

Carl
ip icon Logged

isaura

message icon
« Reply #449 on: September 09, 2010, 01:55:38 PM »

Hello !!
I found here by chance, looking for something (can not remember now) on the net and found here.
ip icon Logged
Pages: 1 ... 16 17 [18] 19 20 ... 44

Comic Book Plus In-House Image
Mission: Our mission is to present free of charge, and to the widest audience, popular cultural works of the past. These are offered as a contribution to education and lifelong learning. They reflect the attitudes, perspectives, and beliefs of different times. We do not endorse these views, which may contain content offensive to modern users.

Disclaimer: We aim to house only Public Domain content. If you suspect that any of our material may be infringing copyright, please use our contact page to let us know. So we can investigate further. Utilizing our downloadable content, is strictly at your own risk. In no event will we be liable for any loss or damage including without limitation, indirect or consequential loss or damage, or any loss or damage whatsoever arising from loss of data or profits arising out of, or in connection with, the use of this website.