in house dollar bill thumbnail
 Total: 42,817 books
 New: 194 books

small login logo

Please enter your details to login and enjoy all the fun of the fair!

Not a member? Join us here. Everything is FREE and ALWAYS will be.

Forgotten your login details? No problem, you can get your password back here.

How did you find us?

Pages: 1 ... 17 18 [19] 20 21 ... 44

topic icon Author Topic: How did you find us?  (Read 256424 times)

Astaldo711

• VIP & JVJ Project Member
message icon
Re: How did you find us?
« Reply #450 on: September 10, 2010, 12:03:02 AM »

Hi Everyone!  I was looking for a comic that my grandpa was in and I came across your site.  I'm very impressed with what's on here.. :)  Any way the comic I'm looking for is Quality-Military Comics #30 from July of 1944.  It has my Grandpa Joe Longknife featured in one of the stories.  The reason I'm looking for it was because he died shortly after that; the POW Hellship the Shinyo Maru that he was on was sunk by friendly fire and he was one of hundreds that died.  Hopefully the site will let me download this story.   
Thanks All,

LK  ;D

Wow! That's amazing. Sad too  :'(
I hope you get to read it. I know I will!
ip icon Logged

narfstar

• Administrator
message icon
« Reply #451 on: September 10, 2010, 01:31:32 AM »

However you found us we are glad you did
ip icon Logged

Carrollat

• Past Member
  • avatar for old site member: Carrollat
message icon
« Reply #452 on: September 18, 2010, 05:49:10 AM »

Was looking for comics, have been to the site before, great site. Would like to download a few comcs, but my sign in info does not seem to be working. Thanks
ip icon Logged

KenTanker0us

message icon
« Reply #453 on: September 19, 2010, 07:55:13 PM »

Hey, thanks for the site. I found it through a link on Wikipedia saying 'download golden age comics' or something like that. This was during some research on the artwork of Joe Doolin. This guy's work is so wonderful. He was head and shoulders above the illustrators around him. He is one of the greatest comic illustrators ever, IMO. Anybody that knows anything about this obscure master: please do share your knowledge with me. Thanks, and glad to be here.

KenTanker0us
ip icon Logged

boox909

• VIP
message icon
« Reply #454 on: September 19, 2010, 07:57:38 PM »

Hey, thanks for the site. I found it through a link on Wikipedia saying 'download golden age comics' or something like that. This was during some research on the artwork of Joe Doolin. This guy's work is so wonderful. He was head and shoulders above the illustrators around him. He is one of the greatest comic illustrators ever, IMO. Anybody that knows anything about this obscure master: please do share your knowledge with me. Thanks, and glad to be here.

KenTanker0us

Welcome aboard sir! Enjoy the site and your downloads.

B.
ip icon Logged

JVJ

• VIP & JVJ Project Member
message icon
« Reply #455 on: September 19, 2010, 08:30:49 PM »

KenTanker0us

Start here, Ken:
http://www.bailsprojects.com

And put Joe Doolin into the search field. Note that anything after the 1940s is a reprint.

Peace, Jim (|:{>
ip icon Logged

KenTanker0us

message icon
« Reply #456 on: September 20, 2010, 01:50:10 AM »

Hey thanks, Jim! That's very kind of you. It's a start. The listing on Joe Doolin is somewhat limited in that there is no biographical info, but it seems quite comprehensive in listings of his work.

I noticed a reference to a 'Biographical Dictionary of Science Fiction and Fantasy Artists 1988', so perhaps I can look into that.

Thanks again for the tip!

regards,

KenTanker0us
ip icon Logged

vrorst

• Past Member
  • avatar for old site member: vrorst
message icon
« Reply #457 on: September 26, 2010, 02:00:01 AM »

As with most people i googled looking for old comics and torrents discovered this. Happy, Happy, Joy,Joy
ip icon Logged

AdrianM

• Past Member
  • avatar for old site member: AdrianM
message icon
« Reply #458 on: October 12, 2010, 01:49:16 AM »

I discovered this site through a Google search. I thought I'd only be able to visit cover galleries, so it was great to find a resource that allows you to d/l complete issues. I've enjoyed vintage comic/pulp art since I was a teen.

I appreciate all of the work put into maintaining this place. If I notice any gaps in your collections, I'll upload some files from my scans if I have them.

-Adrian-

ip icon Logged

boox909

• VIP
message icon
« Reply #459 on: October 12, 2010, 02:16:18 AM »

I discovered this site through a Google search. I thought I'd only be able to visit cover galleries, so it was great to find a resource that allows you to d/l complete issues. I've enjoyed vintage comic/pulp art since I was a teen.

I appreciate all of the work put into maintaining this place. If I notice any gaps in your collections, I'll upload some files from my scans if I have them.

-Adrian-

Welcome! Thank you for keeping us in mind.  ;D

B.
ip icon Logged

nagorp

• Past Member
  • avatar for old site member: nagorp
message icon
« Reply #460 on: October 15, 2010, 11:18:03 PM »

Found while I was looking for some funny named superheroes!
ip icon Logged

Floydman

message icon
« Reply #461 on: October 17, 2010, 04:24:57 AM »

Hey! Great site guys! Found you guys while looking for public domain superheroes that I'm illustrating...can't wait to download some classic books and start reading!

F
ip icon Logged
Comic Book Plus In-House Image

boox909

• VIP
message icon
« Reply #462 on: October 17, 2010, 04:29:05 AM »

Hey! Great site guys! Found you guys while looking for public domain superheroes that I'm illustrating...can't wait to download some classic books and start reading!

F

Welcome aboard. You are all set up for downloading.

B.
ip icon Logged

Floydman

message icon
« Reply #463 on: October 17, 2010, 06:14:56 AM »

thanks!

F
ip icon Logged

Mag

• Past Member
message icon
« Reply #464 on: October 20, 2010, 02:35:44 AM »

I think I found GAC by Googling "golden age comics," but it's been so long I can't really remember. I've been visiting here off and on for a few years, but decided to stop lurking today.

My thanks to everyone who provides scans, maintains the site, and helps out here!
ip icon Logged

narfstar

• Administrator
message icon
« Reply #465 on: October 20, 2010, 02:57:58 AM »

Well Mag we are glad you came out of the shadows. Join in any convos or start some of your own
ip icon Logged

DoghouseRiley

• Past Member
  • avatar for old site member: DoghouseRiley
message icon
« Reply #466 on: October 28, 2010, 02:01:51 AM »

Like a lot of people, by Googling Golden Age Comic downloads. This is a really nice repository of public domain comics.

I've been a comic fan since I could read (about 46 years now) and I grew up during the "silver age" but even then I was always happiest when the JSA crossed over into Justice League.
ip icon Logged

boox909

• VIP
message icon
« Reply #467 on: October 28, 2010, 02:14:34 AM »

Like a lot of people, by Googling Golden Age Comic downloads. This is a really nice repository of public domain comics.

I've been a comic fan since I could read (about 46 years now) and I grew up during the "silver age" but even then I was always happiest when the JSA crossed over into Justice League.

Welcome to the site. Have you loaded up for downloading and such.

Enjoy.

B.
ip icon Logged

dznutz

message icon
« Reply #468 on: November 22, 2010, 02:09:21 AM »

I was searching for comics on google.
ip icon Logged

Sergeant-Sevorg

• Past Member
  • avatar for old site member: Sergeant-Sevorg
message icon
« Reply #469 on: December 22, 2010, 05:45:38 PM »

Comic Rack recommendation
ip icon Logged

boox909

• VIP
message icon
« Reply #470 on: December 22, 2010, 06:17:23 PM »

Comic Rack recommendation

Welcome to the site. We'll have you loaded up for download in two shakes of a dragon's tail.

B.
ip icon Logged

Crocodilian

message icon
« Reply #471 on: December 25, 2010, 09:07:42 PM »

found you the way anyone finds anything these days -- Google.

I have previously seen some Golden Age comics on Usenet (a.b.p.comics) -- there seems to be some overlap with what is posted here, I suspect they were reposts of what's in your archive, though I don't recall having seen a link.

My interests are "mid-century illustration" generally, and editorial cartooning back to the 19th century -- it was Gillray and Joseph Keppler (of "Puck") who first excited my interest.

Of Golden Age material, I'm least interested in superheroes (except really odd ones, like those of Fletcher Hanks), and more interested in social and editorial commentary.
ip icon Logged

narfstar

• Administrator
message icon
« Reply #472 on: December 25, 2010, 11:18:57 PM »

Ok then Croc you have to check out The Challenger
http://www.goldenagecomics.co.uk/index.php?dlid=5381
ip icon Logged

Scruff

• Past Member
  • avatar for old site member: Scruff
message icon
« Reply #473 on: December 26, 2010, 12:48:09 AM »

through google, although its not easy to find I must say. or maybe i just had a off day.

anyway very good.
ip icon Logged

Crocodilian

message icon
« Reply #474 on: December 26, 2010, 07:39:07 AM »

Ok then Croc you have to check out The Challenger
http://www.goldenagecomics.co.uk/index.php?dlid=5381

That is awesome! Prime Golden Age weirdness . . . much appreciated!
ip icon Logged
Pages: 1 ... 17 18 [19] 20 21 ... 44

Comic Book Plus In-House Image
Mission: Our mission is to present free of charge, and to the widest audience, popular cultural works of the past. These are offered as a contribution to education and lifelong learning. They reflect the attitudes, perspectives, and beliefs of different times. We do not endorse these views, which may contain content offensive to modern users.

Disclaimer: We aim to house only Public Domain content. If you suspect that any of our material may be infringing copyright, please use our contact page to let us know. So we can investigate further. Utilizing our downloadable content, is strictly at your own risk. In no event will we be liable for any loss or damage including without limitation, indirect or consequential loss or damage, or any loss or damage whatsoever arising from loss of data or profits arising out of, or in connection with, the use of this website.