in house dollar bill thumbnail
 Total: 43,470 books
 New: 229 books

small login logo

Please enter your details to login and enjoy all the fun of the fair!

Not a member? Join us here. Everything is FREE and ALWAYS will be.

Forgotten your login details? No problem, you can get your password back here.

DarkMark's uploads redux

Pages: 1 ... 18 19 [20] 21 22 ... 44

topic icon Author Topic: DarkMark's uploads redux  (Read 282428 times)

darkmark

• VIP
message icon
Re: DarkMark's uploads redux
« Reply #475 on: February 10, 2009, 07:27:56 AM »

Dang, you're fast!  ;D
ip icon Logged

dhfh

• VIP
message icon
« Reply #476 on: February 10, 2009, 03:28:46 PM »

Thanks Dark now up only 3 more to go and we will have completed Amazing Man. Pretty impressive for such an expensive hard to find comic

In the meantime, tide yourself over with AMAZING-MAN COMICS #18, which will bookend Michael Barnes's offering and leave us with one A-Man to scan.  And I have it!  (It's fiche, just like this one.)

It certainly is exciting to be getting this close to a complete run of AM, but let's not forget that 5 of the issues we've got up right now are still listed as only partial books (9, 11, 17, 21, & 26).  Not trying to throw a bucket of cold water, guys--just a reminder that we must not grow complacent.  The search must go on!  We CAN reach a point when we shall  have a complete run!  And we will!

(JVJ is supposed to have copies of #9 and #17....  Anyone out there have some copy of the others?  For my part, I'm still really waiting to see all the Shark's exploits!)

Victory is at hand!

DHFH
ip icon Logged

darkmark

• VIP
message icon
« Reply #477 on: February 10, 2009, 06:19:33 PM »

Let me check my fiche stash and see what I have.  In the meantime, I've got another ish to work on!  Thanks.  Aren't we amazing, man?
ip icon Logged

darkmark

• VIP
message icon
« Reply #478 on: February 10, 2009, 08:06:45 PM »

OK, just uploaded a c2c version of AMAZING-MAN COMICS #9, with fiche fills.  On the FTP.  Reach down and get it!
ip icon Logged

dhfh

• VIP
message icon
« Reply #479 on: February 10, 2009, 08:32:34 PM »

OK, just uploaded a c2c version of AMAZING-MAN COMICS #9, with fiche fills.  On the FTP.  Reach down and get it!

Way to go, DM!  Let's hear it for the man, everyone!  (And a personal thank you from me for The Shark story.  I hated it being among the missing of #9!)

Only three other issues to fll, if I'm not mistaken, and we will have a copy of some kind for every issue of the series!

Reason enough to rejoice...

DHFH
ip icon Logged

narfstar

• Administrator
message icon
« Reply #480 on: February 11, 2009, 01:48:13 AM »

Love those Amazing Man comics thanks DM now up
ip icon Logged

darkmark

• VIP
message icon
« Reply #481 on: February 11, 2009, 09:05:39 AM »

Thanks, Narf.  And joining it is AMAZING-MAN COMICS #17, with fiche fills.  We're missing 2 pages of the Amazing-Man story, but it's otherwise complete.  Enjoy.
ip icon Logged

darkmark

• VIP
message icon
« Reply #482 on: February 11, 2009, 08:32:22 PM »

Here's the last of my A-Man run:  AMAZING-MAN COMICS #20, all fiche, all yours.  Someone else will have to fill out our two other incompletes.  Thanks.
ip icon Logged

narfstar

• Administrator
message icon
« Reply #483 on: February 12, 2009, 01:21:42 AM »

Well Darkmark you sure lighten this place up with those dazzling AM comics. Who would have thunk we could be so close to getting them all. In the bargain we get Mighty Man, MiniMidget, The Shark and Iron Skull. It don't get much better than that. Thanks for 17 and 20 now up.
ip icon Logged

darkmark

• VIP
message icon
« Reply #484 on: February 12, 2009, 08:18:24 AM »

Yvw, Narf.  Now the only ones we need for completes are #21 and 26, of which we have partials.  Maybe somebody else will have 'em.  Take care.
ip icon Logged

Yoc

• Past Member
message icon
« Reply #485 on: February 13, 2009, 06:28:05 AM »

Many thanks for scanning these DM!
:)
ip icon Logged

darkmark

• VIP
message icon
« Reply #486 on: February 13, 2009, 08:20:46 AM »

Yvw, Yoc.
ip icon Logged
Comic Book Plus In-House Image

darkmark

• VIP
message icon
« Reply #487 on: February 15, 2009, 09:30:54 AM »

Just to make sure we stay well Centaured (sorry!), here's FUNNY PAGES #9, from 1937.  Nothing longer than 2 pages, but for masked hero fans, the only noteworthy thing will be the presence of The Clock.  Anyway, I kinda like it, as an example of what comics were before the Superman boom.  Enjoy.
ip icon Logged

narfstar

• Administrator
message icon
« Reply #488 on: February 15, 2009, 01:24:10 PM »

We gladly accept platinum as well as gold just keep that puny silver out of here. Thank you sir
ip icon Logged

darkmark

• VIP
message icon
« Reply #489 on: February 16, 2009, 07:31:17 AM »

The latest, as I attempt to keep up with the flood of quality Golden Age stuff flowing in, is another Quality scan:  HIT COMICS #13, all fiche as usual.  The culprits:  Hercules, Red Bee, Neon, Betty Bates, and a few others.  Stormy Foster and Kid Eternity are still a ways ahead.  We'll get to them.  Be patient.
ip icon Logged

Yoc

• Past Member
message icon
« Reply #490 on: February 16, 2009, 06:54:12 PM »

Thanks DM, now up!
ip icon Logged

darkmark

• VIP
message icon
« Reply #491 on: February 18, 2009, 07:51:58 PM »

They're not my scans, but I have uploaded a bit more complete (though still incomplete) version of AMAZING-MAN COMICS #21 to the FTP.  This one features a bit better scan of the Amazing-Man story plus the Mighty Man story, in addition to the ones we already have.  Both of 'em were taken from an online Golden Age site.  So much for that.
ip icon Logged

Yoc

• Past Member
message icon
« Reply #492 on: February 19, 2009, 02:45:34 AM »

Thanks again DM.  Going up now...
ip icon Logged

krankyboy

• VIP
message icon
« Reply #493 on: February 19, 2009, 05:29:43 AM »

Thanks DM!  ;D

Any more books with costumed superheroes from the 40's?
ip icon Logged

darkmark

• VIP
message icon
« Reply #494 on: February 19, 2009, 08:11:10 AM »

You bet!  Just watch me!
ip icon Logged

darkmark

• VIP
message icon
« Reply #495 on: February 19, 2009, 08:38:37 PM »

Now on the FTP:  STARTLING COMICS #1, from 1940, featuring the origin of Captain Future (not the sf hero) and a bunch of also-rans.  Cap is from paper and nms, the rest is fiche.  Enjoy.
ip icon Logged

Yoc

• Past Member
message icon
« Reply #496 on: February 19, 2009, 09:30:30 PM »

Thanks DM, going up shortly.
:)
ip icon Logged

darkmark

• VIP
message icon
« Reply #497 on: February 21, 2009, 08:18:32 AM »

And the latest Centaur offering:  FUNNY PAGES #10, with 2 pages of "The Sapphire Eye of Sekhmet" by Will Eisner and a couple of pages of the Clock.  Other stuff in there too.  Enjoy.  It's fiche.
ip icon Logged

krankyboy

• VIP
message icon
« Reply #498 on: February 21, 2009, 10:04:11 AM »

Now on the FTP:  STARTLING COMICS #1, from 1940, featuring the origin of Captain Future (not the sf hero) and a bunch of also-rans.  Cap is from paper and nms, the rest is fiche.  Enjoy.

Thanks for this one, DM. Nedor superheroes are some of my favorites.  ;D
ip icon Logged

narfstar

• Administrator
message icon
« Reply #499 on: February 21, 2009, 10:38:26 AM »

Time keeps on ticking, ticking, ticking into the future. Thanks for giving us The Clock of the past. Now up is Funny Pages 10.
ip icon Logged
Pages: 1 ... 18 19 [20] 21 22 ... 44

Comic Book Plus In-House Image
Mission: Our mission is to present free of charge, and to the widest audience, popular cultural works of the past. These are offered as a contribution to education and lifelong learning. They reflect the attitudes, perspectives, and beliefs of different times. We do not endorse these views, which may contain content offensive to modern users.

Disclaimer: We aim to house only Public Domain content. If you suspect that any of our material may be infringing copyright, please use our contact page to let us know. So we can investigate further. Utilizing our downloadable content, is strictly at your own risk. In no event will we be liable for any loss or damage including without limitation, indirect or consequential loss or damage, or any loss or damage whatsoever arising from loss of data or profits arising out of, or in connection with, the use of this website.