in house dollar bill thumbnail
Comic Book Plus In-House Image
 Total: 43,470 books
 New: 229 books

small login logo

Please enter your details to login and enjoy all the fun of the fair!

Not a member? Join us here. Everything is FREE and ALWAYS will be.

Forgotten your login details? No problem, you can get your password back here.

DarkMark's uploads redux

Pages: 1 ... 14 15 [16] 17 18 ... 44

topic icon Author Topic: DarkMark's uploads redux  (Read 282413 times)

darkmark

• VIP
message icon
Re: DarkMark's uploads redux
« Reply #375 on: December 07, 2008, 08:56:44 PM »

Yvw, guys.  More to come!
ip icon Logged

darkmark

• VIP
message icon
« Reply #376 on: December 09, 2008, 03:41:55 AM »

Next one up is CAT-MAN COMICS #5, from fiche, featuring the origin of Kitten, plus appearances from the Deacon, the Hood, and a bunch of others.  All yours.
ip icon Logged

Yoc

• Past Member
message icon
« Reply #377 on: December 09, 2008, 04:04:13 AM »

Thanks DM, now up!
ip icon Logged

darkmark

• VIP
message icon
« Reply #378 on: December 15, 2008, 11:46:21 PM »

And now for something completely different...AIRBOY COMICS v9 07, from PAPER.  Airboy, the Heap, and...a few other little stories.  Enjoy.  Happy landings!
ip icon Logged

Yoc

• Past Member
message icon
« Reply #379 on: December 16, 2008, 12:42:53 AM »

Thanks DM, it's now up!
ip icon Logged

darkmark

• VIP
message icon
« Reply #380 on: December 18, 2008, 09:11:29 AM »

Thanks, Yoc!  And now, CAT-MAN COMICS #7, another fiche scan, on the FTP, featuring Catman and Kitten, the Deacon, the Hood, and others.  68 pages from 1942.  Enjoy.
ip icon Logged

Yoc

• Past Member
message icon
« Reply #381 on: December 18, 2008, 07:21:13 PM »

Now up!
ip icon Logged

darkmark

• VIP
message icon
« Reply #382 on: December 18, 2008, 08:06:33 PM »

Thanks again!  The latest is a completion of Bchat's THRILLING COMICS #5, with fiche adds by me and the original paper scans from him.  Enjoy.
ip icon Logged

Yoc

• Past Member
message icon
« Reply #383 on: December 18, 2008, 08:52:46 PM »

Him being bchat gang.
Thanks for the finish DM!
:D
ip icon Logged

krankyboy

• VIP
message icon
« Reply #384 on: December 18, 2008, 10:30:18 PM »

Thanks, Yoc!  And now, CAT-MAN COMICS #7, another fiche scan, on the FTP, featuring Catman and Kitten, the Deacon, the Hood, and others.  68 pages from 1942.  Enjoy.

Thanks DM! Always appreciated.  :)
ip icon Logged

bchat

• Past Member
  • avatar for old site member: bchat
message icon
« Reply #385 on: December 19, 2008, 12:22:52 AM »

The latest is a completion of Bchat's THRILLING COMICS #5, with fiche adds by me and the original paper scans from him.  Enjoy.

How come the completed scans show-up with only me as the "author"?  Where's Darkmark's credit?
ip icon Logged

Yoc

• Past Member
message icon
« Reply #386 on: December 19, 2008, 04:34:16 AM »

Hi bchat,
Well, I figured as you were the original scanner of the paper and supply the bulk of the book you deserved the credit.  Others have felt this way.  The Author credit has caused us confusion and tension over time.  I wish it said 'Uploader' instead of Author.  For now original scanners will get the author credits when someone else has completed the book to c2c.  I DID make sure DM got mentioned in the description area.

-Yoc
ip icon Logged

darkmark

• VIP
message icon
« Reply #387 on: December 29, 2008, 07:47:16 AM »

And now, on our very own FTP...HIT COMICS #4!  With the Red Bee, Hercules, and probably some other folks you're not too familiar with.  All Quality, all fiche, all yours.  Enjoy.
ip icon Logged

darkmark

• VIP
message icon
« Reply #388 on: December 29, 2008, 08:45:35 AM »

Also in the same place:  DOLL MAN #17 (1948), the real one, not the IW-Super reprint.  All fiche, all fine, all yours.  Another one bites the dust.
ip icon Logged

Yoc

• Past Member
message icon
« Reply #389 on: December 29, 2008, 04:40:05 PM »

Going up now, thanks DM!
ip icon Logged

boox909

• VIP
message icon
« Reply #390 on: December 29, 2008, 04:41:44 PM »

And now, on our very own FTP...HIT COMICS #4!  With the Red Bee, Hercules, and probably some other folks you're not too familiar with.  All Quality, all fiche, all yours.  Enjoy.

May your name be a blessing DM!

B.  ;D
ip icon Logged

darkmark

• VIP
message icon
« Reply #391 on: December 29, 2008, 09:50:35 PM »

Thanks, Boox!  I'm now uploading a batch of FEATURE FUNNIES / COMICS to the server, all fiche, but refurbished (i.e., made brighter and smaller).  Hope you enjoy them.
ip icon Logged

Mr. Izaj

• Past Member
  • avatar for old site member: Mr. Izaj
message icon
« Reply #392 on: December 29, 2008, 10:08:54 PM »

Glad you're starting on putting up more early Quality Comics. I've been waiting for more early issues of Hit Comics, Crack Comics, and National Comics for quite a while.
ip icon Logged

darkmark

• VIP
message icon
« Reply #393 on: December 29, 2008, 11:26:34 PM »

Also on the FTP for today is SKY BLAZERS #2, the poor man's WINGS COMICS, from Hawley (which is apparently an imprint of Dell).  All fiche, all yours.
ip icon Logged

JonTheScanner

• VIP & JVJ Project Member
message icon
« Reply #394 on: December 30, 2008, 12:43:47 AM »

Also on the FTP for today is SKY BLAZERS #2, the poor man's WINGS COMICS, from Hawley (which is apparently an imprint of Dell).  All fiche, all yours.

Why do you say Hawley is apparently an imprint of Dell?  I've never heard anything like that.  I don't think the ad on the back cover necessarily means this.  I've seen ads for Prize Comics in DC comics -- though admittedly not the back cover.

Also your pages 14 and 15 are the same so I assume some page is missing.

Jon
« Last Edit: December 30, 2008, 12:46:26 AM by JonTheScanner »
ip icon Logged

Mr. Izaj

• Past Member
  • avatar for old site member: Mr. Izaj
message icon
« Reply #395 on: December 30, 2008, 02:21:07 AM »

Why do you say Hawley is apparently an imprint of Dell?  I've never heard anything like that.  I don't think the ad on the back cover necessarily means this.  I've seen ads for Prize Comics in DC comics -- though admittedly not the back cover.

Also your pages 14 and 15 are the same so I assume some page is missing.

Jon

Actually Prize Comics' distributor - Independent News - was also DC/All-American's distributor as well. Which easily explains the ads for Prize Comics in some early DC books.
ip icon Logged

Yoc

• Past Member
message icon
« Reply #396 on: December 30, 2008, 03:02:56 AM »

Wow, that's a big haul DM!
Thanks for the uploads - I'll add them to the site now!
:)
ip icon Logged

darkmark

• VIP
message icon
« Reply #397 on: December 30, 2008, 05:17:25 AM »

Thanks, Yoc!  And while you're at it, take note that I've uploaded a corrected version of Sky Blazers #2, for which thank Jon for pointing out my error.
ip icon Logged

Yoc

• Past Member
message icon
« Reply #398 on: December 30, 2008, 05:21:51 AM »

Yep, I've already added it DM.
Just call me eagle-eye.  ;)

-Yoc
'I only wear the glasses to get the female monkeys...'
ip icon Logged

JVJ

• VIP & JVJ Project Member
message icon
« Reply #399 on: December 31, 2008, 05:39:11 AM »

Jon

I for one wouldn't be at all surprised if Dell didn't at least package Sky Blazers for Hawley. After all, there's R.S. Calendar credits in the indicia and a slew of Dell regulars on the art: Al McWilliams, Jim Chambers, etc. It certainly has the "feel" of a Dell book. And for the record, Sky Blazers #1 appeared only two months after Wings #1 and was probably in the works before Wings hit the stands, so I'd say that the "poor man's Wings" appellation only has merit if we're talking about current fan appreciation levels.
ip icon Logged
Pages: 1 ... 14 15 [16] 17 18 ... 44

Mission: Our mission is to present free of charge, and to the widest audience, popular cultural works of the past. These are offered as a contribution to education and lifelong learning. They reflect the attitudes, perspectives, and beliefs of different times. We do not endorse these views, which may contain content offensive to modern users.

Disclaimer: We aim to house only Public Domain content. If you suspect that any of our material may be infringing copyright, please use our contact page to let us know. So we can investigate further. Utilizing our downloadable content, is strictly at your own risk. In no event will we be liable for any loss or damage including without limitation, indirect or consequential loss or damage, or any loss or damage whatsoever arising from loss of data or profits arising out of, or in connection with, the use of this website.